main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Ep7 News Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Articulate, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    If his days helming Star Trek are any indication, I suspect that Abrams is going to be stingy with official plot details and any synopsis is going to be skillfully vague... "A new threat arises to endanger an already fragile galactic peace as the battle between good and evil continues..."

...So I suppose the news I'm most looking forward to is the date for the first trailer. I'm dying to see how this movie looks.

Immortiss likes this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    If Abrams has his way (and I'm not so sure he will) we won't know anything about this movie before it's released, however Kennedy has said otherwise and however popular Star Trek may be, Star Wars is a very different animal. There's never a shortage of people who want to make a name for themselves by sharing secret details of a new Star Wars movie. So even if they don't officially release much plot info, it will almost definitely get out.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Abrams team announces a Maul spinoff series to be filmed after 2015.....movie or two (or three) that, while focusing on Maul as the primary protagonist, the early history of Sidious and Plagueis are shown as well. That would be a direction that not only would be awesomeness manifest, but it would make sense and work well.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think the most important news, that I am anticipating the most is the CASTING -- all of it! It is the single greatest factor right now that will assure success or total, EPIC FAIL! If we get stuck with bad casting choices -- Gossling or Effron for instance -- that is for 3 movies. It would be like having Indiana Jones 4, 5, & 6 with Shia Lebouf. [face_sick] Bad casting can sink SW before the new ship even sails. The NERD RAGE will be epic.

However, a good casting -- the Big 3 plus Peter and Anthony as well as a bunch of great supporting and great new leads -- will ease a lot of concerns and worries. Everything else will be gravy, trailers, posters, and Title.

Unlike most fans, I don't have a problem with the Titles. I think some people get so wrapped up in what they think the title should be that they almost can't get past their ego and come to grips with what it is. I will love it no matter what because it's Episode 7 of a 9 (or maybe more) part saga; just a piece of the whole. I'm sure it will be pulpy and fun no matter what.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    For me I'd say it's casting tied with the overall look of the film, be it through trailers or concept art. I'm really curious to see how aesthetically tied these new films will be to the OT.

Pro Scoundrel and Echo-07 like this.
  6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm excited about hearing the casting, but I'm now wary about thinking that means much about quality in a Star Wars film. I remember breathing a sigh of relief back in 1997 when I found out that Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman (who I'd seen in other films and knew she was good) were cast in Episode 1. I felt confident that George was making the right decisions. Huh.

Since then, I've realized that not much more news outside of director and writer can really indicate anything about quality of a Star Wars movie, so I'm focused more on looking forward to speculating on the title.

7. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    I'm looking forward to news announcing Mark, Harrison, and Carrie will be back to reprise their roles and will be leads. Everything else is small potatoes compared to this.

Echo-07 and T-R- like this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Who the main antagonist, or antagonists, will be. To me, that is the most important thing, at the moment.

GoJohnnyGo, ShaneP and Immortiss like this.
  9. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Then you may be disappointed, because even if they reprised their roles, they could NEVER be leads. The new trilogy is not going to be focused on them, and it CAN'T be. Disney/LFL have made it clear that this is going to focus on the next generation of characters, which can only reduce Mark, Carrie and Harrison to supporting roles. That's as it SHOULD be. That IS the news I was most looking forward to. If the ST becomes really just a warmed-over do-over of the OT, I could never be interested, and I wouldn't be.

Traidon, Echo-07 and Mystery_Roach like this.
  10. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Agreed. And keep in mind that supporting roles doesn't just mean being given nothing to do. Just think, Anakin and Obi-Wan were the leads of the PT, so I can imagine the OT leads having similarly important roles as they did in that trilogy, and in the case of Obi-Wan possibly larger if they all manage to survive Episode VII.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    The next bit...

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't wait for an announcement of if it will be in Technicolor.

Artoo-Dion and Count Yubnub like this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And stereo!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was hoping John Williams would play the Nickelodeon actually.

15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Good ole' GL may disagree with you. If they follow his treatments from the 80's the ST will focus on Luke and the OT3.

16. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Fortunately, they arndt following that treatment. They're following his treatment from the 10's

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  17. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Or has the fake name 'John Harrison' (you know JJ with the pseudonyms).

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I wanna know who provides the catering service.

dolphin and Artoo-Dion like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm looking forward to the day that they announce that Darth Plagueis is NOT going to be the villain, so that I can then watch the "Who's The Baddie" thread implode. Muhahaha, I will feast on your tears! ;)

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Plagueis for Episode 8 and 9!
    Sonds like the Falcon will be back. All is right in the world.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, it has been widely rumored that Benedict Cumberbatch had only a small role in 7 that would expand in 8 & 9 and that he would be a Sith Lord. So maybe Plagueis isn't the villain for 7 but 8 and 9. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    That Jar Jar and Mar Mar's son is a jedi knight.

No, plot and villain.

23. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    A plot twist in the final scene where we find out that the only character to remain unscathed through all six films, R2, is infact the Sith Lord who orchestrated the downfall of the republic and the revenge of the Sith.

24. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    "Mark Hamill to return for Star Wars Episode VII"

I like Leia and Han, but Luke is absolutely key for this thing to work.

The other one was John Williams, thankfully that's happening.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm looking forward to any news, so far all we have is that R2 D2 is in it which is kind of obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.