main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What era would you *like* to see the TV series set in

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Lord_Of_Sith, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    I vote for the Old Republic. The Jedi vs. Sith War would fill in all the blanks. TV is the perfect medium for this - like an epic miniseries or those long running historical series on Japanese & Korean tv.

I would way prefer this to something set between III&IV or after VI.

How about you?

malkie edit I've edited the tite to avoid confusion

2. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    i just want more detail clone wars..... More clone wars battles.... they are the best of any of the starwars time line

3. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    I really wish that GL changes his mind about setting it between Episodes III & IV. It simply makes the show sound somewhat awkward. If it has to be set during the Saga, I would actually prefer that it be set between Episodes II & III. We really didn't see enough of the clone wars.

I also like the idea of it being set in the Old Republic, well before the events of the Saga. The Sith wars would be great! An alternative would to be to set it 100s of years after the saga. I just don't like the idea of setting it between the trilogy. It seems clumsy, and without major Jedi action, I doubt it will feel like Star Wars.

That being said, GL has already established when its taking place. No use whinning about it!

4. Wengo-Dinn

Wengo-Dinn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    If it would be my choice I'd want the live action show to be set in the times of the old republic... would be interesting...

for the animation show... I would kind of like it to revisit some characters and flesh out a little background. I'd like to see some adventures of qui-gon and obi-wan before TPM... maybe even some of Dooku and Qui-Gon as his padawan. Some pre AOTC adventures of Obi-Wan and Anakin (we actually never really saw the two of them as master and apprentice together alot since they are seperated for most of epII). Maybe even some episodes of Obi-Wan training a young Anakin and all. Oh and one thing that I have in my head is Mace Windu as a young padawan on his task to built his first lightsaber. He goes into a cave and stands in front of a wall full of blue, green and red crystals. He stares at the wall for a while and then finds in between all of the other crystal a single one that is purple... you get the idea ;)

I'm well aware that probably none of the above is ever going to happen, but that's what I would like to see

5. JimBeard

JimBeard Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2003
    In all honesty, I truly believe that the plan to set it between Ep 3 and 4 is the best course for LFL. It has the Empire, the beginnings of the Rebellion, Vader, Palpatine, in short, everything that the great majority of SW fans would want to see. AND its also what will be most familiar to those viewers who might know enough about the films but are not die-hard fans. Remember, the average person on the street doesn't know anything about Knights of the Old Republic or events of that nature. They know stormtroopers.

That said, I sincerely hope LFL will keep appearances by Vader and/or the Emperor to a minimum and reserve them for moments in the series that need punctuating.

Jim

6. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    It depends on whether they can get Ian McDairmid and the gang to revise their roles, presuming that they are actually inteded to be in the series.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Either make it between III and IV, or make it a thousand years before I. At least this way they can show the Sith Rulership of before. Leave the Clone Wars in animation, because considering what they've already done, which is real good so far, it makes sense to continue in this fashion.

8. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I would like to see the Old Republic days on film.

9. ObiWanIsTheFather

ObiWanIsTheFather Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    Republic would be cool, but I trust that George Lucas knows what he's doing. It is his creation, after all.

10. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Lucas already said the LIVE ACTION show will be BETWEEN Episode 3 & Episode 4 & the 3D Animated show will be just more clone wars

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    ^I agree with you, but I think this thread is more of a "what if" type discussion.

I'd love to see an expansion of what occured years before TPM when there were plenty of Sith running around fighting hte Jedi on a regular basis.

12. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    I hate what if threads

Because by the time the Pilot episode airs the users there will whine & cry that their ideas isn't happening

13. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Aren't happening. Yes I agree but it is still fun to speculate.

14. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Between Episodes III and IV.

15. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I think that the period between 3 and 4 are the best time as it's a huge unknown, and they have 20 years to play with.

16. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I want to see a Sith era TV show.

17. Rennboater

Rennboater Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    Come on guys! Lucas already mentioned the tv series will be based on adventure betweem Ep 3 and Ep 4.

Depending on how the 2 tv series go, Lucas might consider making Kotor-type movies.

These are not my words, the flanneled one has spoken!

Ben

18. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Rennboater posted on 6/4/05 4:49am
    Come on guys! Lucas already mentioned the tv series will be based on adventure betweem Ep 3 and Ep 4.
    [hr][/blockquote]

as mentioned above, this is more of a 'what if' or a 'I'd like to see' type thread. We're all aware that the show will be set post ROTS

19. Rennboater

Dec 30, 2004
    I hope you are right coz some fellas I spoken to still talking about the live tv series being a Kotor-era! Visit a few other sites and you will see a some still believe the tv series will continue the story after ROTJ.

20. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm more tempted to believe the words that came out of Lucas's mouth.

21. Rennboater

Dec 30, 2004
    You said it! I still hope that we can convince Lucas to make Kotor-era movies someday. I just hope the tv series will be as good, if not, better than B5. I even wonder if anyone in LFL reads anything in the forums to know we are still extremely interested.

22. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I think there's a reason he is not setting the live
    action tv show during the times of the Old Republic.
    Mark my words if there isn't a movie about it
    in the next 3-5 yrs.

There really is no debate about the tv show, GL said
    it will be set b/w EP III and IV and will have no
    major characters in it.

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Besides if they did set it between e1 and e2 you would need Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-wan and you will not see for dust now his contracts up.

24. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    if it makes anyone feel better, iheard a rumor that Lucas is considering doing another SW film, set 80-years before TPM, and with Yoda as the main character. something about a war within or between the Republic and someone else. personally i hope he sticks with TV series, it slightly more well-conceived that this rumor...

25. Rennboater

Dec 30, 2004
    I think that was just a thought from Lucas but honestly, from the C3 Q&A, its seems more Kotor-era type which a lot of ppl seems more interested and honestly, excited about. Also considering the success of Kotor, the game, now they know there is a big interest in ancient SW stories. Besides, its more like 800 years ago than 80 years. Personally, I prefer if they do not use any characters from all present movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.