main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania What ever happened to movies just being fun??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kartanym, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

quite a rant there and where the hell do you see something better on tv FOR FREE?

Without even looking at the tv guide, I'll bet good money that I could find something on free-to-air right now that is better than HERBIE RELOADED ...

Granted, that's an easy target. But I've seen a lot of tv programming lately where the scripts, acting, and even production wipe their feet on movies I've seen at the cinema recently.

(Aussie soaps obviously excluded).

2. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    LOST rules, but commercials suck ;)

-Mel

3. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    okay so much FOR FREE. would you like to see your movies at the cinema with commercials every 10 minutes? [face_shame_on_you]

-Mel

4. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

I think we have different ideas about what "for free" means.

My point was, I don't have to drive 20 minutes and shell out $15 (plus popcorn / choc tops / frozen cokes / etc ... ) to watch a show on tv. And if its crap, I haven't wasted $15+, 40 minutes travel, and it doesn't cost another $15 to change the channel.

But I'm not suggesting that tv is superior to film. I prefer to see something at the cinema. My original point was, all I ask is that whatever I travel 40 minutes for, and spend $15+ on, is better than what I could watch at home on tv. And in a few cases lately, I have to say that tv has outperformed in the quality and fun departments.

5. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    wow since your movie theatre is so far away I see your point. also $15 is quite a lot. I dont get anything like popcorn or coke etc... makes it much cheaper. besides you have to pay for snacks at home as well. just not as much ;)

I love it just having the movie theatre 2 streets from here :D

-Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.