main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO:

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DMZBADGER, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    What ever happened to the four Imperials in ANH that went aboard the Falcon? 2 were just plain scanning crew and the other 2 were Stormtroopers.

Now the 2 scanning crew go up and you here a thunk! (scanning equipment?..bodies hitting the floor?) and then 2 Stormtroopers go up and you hear 2 blaster shots. My guess is that they died instantly.

Were the 2 scanning crew members just knocked out or dead? and if they were knocked out..why didn't they wake up and try to stop the Falcon from escaping?

And if they were all dead...did Han stuff them out an air lock before they reached the Yavin moon base?

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    LOL! I've NEVER thought of this!

Maybe they're still down there after the whole thing's over. Sort of like how I imagine poor R5-D4 still sitting on Geonosis fifty years later.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i assume the 2 people who went up first with the scanning material were killed off screen.

as for the bodies, i think there is a general agreement that they were airlocked out of there.

i think the first two were kept alive for interrogation, but i havent seen evidence of this.

and, please, don't put your topic in all caps.

4. O_Mighty_Wookiefoot

O_Mighty_Wookiefoot Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2004
    There were two gaurds and the scanning crew right? My guess is Han took out the gaurds with his blaster and Chewbacca killed the other two with a swift blow to the head.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I would imagine that they were knocked out and immobilized, and probably stored in the Falcon's smuggling compartments... then when they went to Yavin, I am sure they were turned over to the appropriate Rebel authorities to be interrogated.

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I always assumed that Chewie took care of the scanning crew when they came up, perhaps knocking their heads together a la The Three Stooges to knock them out. When the Stormtroopers came up, I figured there was a brief moment where they realized what was going on and each managed to get one shot fired before Chewie did the same thing. (I say the Stormtroopers were the ones shooting because if Han was shooting, there would be blaster scorches on their uniforms, and there clearly are none when Han and Luke are wearing them.) The unconscious Imperials were probably then bound and gagged and locked in the smuggling compartments. Perhaps Obi-Wan suggested they could prove useful to the Alliance for interrogation purposes, and so they remained in the holds until the arrival on Yavin IV.

7. Rogue_Leader7

Rogue_Leader7 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    I wonder what the actual answer is...DMZBADGER should write the official site cause I don't feel like doing it :p

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Other stormtroopers found them unconscious in one of the Falcon's lockers. They were then taken to sickbay.

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I guess there were more Stormtroopers checking out the Falcon after the gang got their Stormtrooper costumes. Eventually, the Stormtrooper picked up the dead imperials (Troops and Scanning device operators) and draged them out to the Falcon causing the
    Death Star to be on alert that they are somewhere on the station.

10. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Other stormtroopers found them unconscious in one of the Falcon's lockers. They were then taken to sickbay

You hear the distinct sound of blaster fire in that scene. I seriously doubt that Han Solo would merely knock out an Imperial Stormtrooper.

Personally I think they stuffed the bodies in the smuggling compartments that they were hiding in and Jettisoned them later.

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Other stormtroopers found them unconscious in one of the Falcon's lockers. They were then taken to sickbay

I do believe the ANH novelisation said that. I don't have it on hand, but Bib is usually always right.

12. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I always pictured them sat in a closet dressed only in their white T-shirts and boxer shorts with their hands tied behind their backs. You know, like you would see done to the cops buy the villan of an old Spider-man cartoon after he took their uniform!!!

13. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    I do believe the ANH novelisation said that. I don't have it on hand, but Bib is usually always right

The novel also said that Luke flew in 'Blue" squadron during the attack on the Death Star, and many other contradictory things.

I think there are enough differences between the movie and the novel to think of them as separate entities when speaking about the movies.

Personally I hear blaster fire that sounds like Hans Blastech going off 3 times in succession after those Stormtroopers come up the ramp. I would think they are no longer amongst the living. As to the scanning crew however, you hear no noise whatsoever. I would more believe that they were knocked out and stuffed in the lockers or smuggling compartment.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There are no contradictions between the novel and the movie so Luke obviously flew in both Red Squadron and Blue Squadron.

The 3 blaster shots were either:

The stormtroopers' weapons

or

Han's blaster was set on stun.

But the fact remains that the stormtroopers and techs were found unconscious. No source says otherwise.

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't see how Han could've used the kill setting to take the armor. If it was set to kill it would have left some kind of scaring on the armor, thus giving them away as they tried to sneak around the death star with carbon scoring on their outfit.

16. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Possibilities:

1) They were first knocked out, helmet's removed, then shot in the head. It's gruesome, but ensures they don't come to and call for help. I seriously doubt the bodies would be disposed of until AFTER the death star was destroyed. So much was going on, I doubt Han and Chewie would have thought of doing it, between escaping the death star, going to yavin, getting their reward, coming back to help Luke, then the award ceremony.

2) They were knocked out, hogtied, and gagged. Completely immobilized, they were handed in to Rebel authorities once on Yavin.

I'm personally voting for #1.

Is there any way they could "blot out" the carbon scoring?

17. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    #1 sounds like Han. I'm pretty sure the stormtroopers shoot first in the SE though. :p

18. Speedy_Lube

Speedy_Lube Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    On this note, I bet Obi-Wan's lightsaber is lying around somewhere. Maybe in 1000 years it will give the wearer magical powers.

19. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    There are no contradictions between the novel and the movie so Luke obviously flew in both Red Squadron and Blue Squadron.

The movie clearly shows Luke in Red squadron and the novel has him in Blue. There are not 2 whole squads with the same people under different names on the attack. I'm sorry to upset you, but yes, it is a contradiction. One of many in fact.

Regardless of that, The sound you hear does not sound like a stun blast or the blaster's Stormtroopers carry. It sounds like Hans blaster.

I don't think you have to make much inference when you hear Han call the troopers and ask for "help" and then you hear the ominous sound of blaster fire. I think we all know who got blasted and it wasn't Han and co.

p.s.- as to the lack of scorch marks on the armor, just another mystery/continuity error. Kinda like the X-wing pilots that have the clean white helmets with the Blue Rebel insignias. We see them get ready for take off, but you never see them in the air. Continuity error, or maybe the mysterious "blue squadron. j/k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.