main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What ever happened with Endor?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I remember reading in athe NJO books, I think in Agents of Choas 1 or 2, that Endor was taken over by the Vong. Is that true?

If it is, then why didn't we get a battle or a book about it, like on Yavin in Edge of Victory 1?

Plus, what happened to the Ewoks?

If this did happen, did the New Republic help the Ewoks? They should have. They own them there government, for helping the Rebel Alliance destroy the Death Star 2 and foruming the New Republic.

2. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    The Ewoks died in a planetary holocaust after the destruction of the second Death Star ;-)

For real though, I think it was just one of those things mentioned in passing that doesn't really need to be spotlighted. Besides, how exciting would it be to see the cute little fuzzballs getting slaughtered by YV warriors?

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Bet Janson was in tears over that

4. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I don't give a @#$% what happens to the ewoks.

5. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I can think of some people who would love to read about Ewoks getting slaughtered...a cousin of mine being tops on the list.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The Alliance of free planets remained on endor about 1 month with the ewoks.

Star Tours set up tours there afterwords. Tourism did pretty good for awhile, well until someone put out there eternal flame(which saddened the ewoks).(ben burtt's book and star tours)

Also ewoks are good at learning basic ship functions, so they are brought off planet to help pilot ships for the New Republic.(eg to aliens by anthropoligist hoole)

They also helped fight the battle of coruscant in DE.

Years later,Princess Kneesa married Wicket and became the chief of bright tree village(EG to aliens, inuniverse by anthropologist hoole).

The legend of planetary endor disapearing millenia ago, was that just a legend. Considering that it was up in the sky bright and well within 5 years of ROTJ(5 years definatly throws out legend of millenia ago{millenia is 1000 years}), and can be seen in the sky during heroes time on the planet as the alliance of free planets, and other times.

Similer to the legend of the ewoks having 2 suns years before when wicket was a child, which would seem true because of a natural phenoma, "sun dog".

Before rebels conquered coruscant, the imperial museum of coruscant put together a special exibit of propaganda, which detailed an endor holocaust and blamed it on the rebel insurgents. This was discovered by the rebels that took over coruscant.

Some ewoks were taken from endor by Zsinj for his genetic experiments to create super-genious alien pilots.

Kyp Durron visited the planet and saw some ewoks living in there huts.

Lahsbees and ewoks were member species of the alliance of free planets and it's possible that they may still had members in the New Republic in the senate up to SBS.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Ewoks were not wiped out by any sort of planetary holocaust. They live quite happily on Endor.

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, are you all saying that the Ewoks and Endor are still safe from the Vong?

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Apparently, since the Vong haven't reached that part of the galaxy yet.

10. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, as you can see on the NJO maps, Endor is on the other side of the galaxy, compared to the Vong entry point... So indeed they're quite safe yet...

11. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    anyway, who says they'd be killed? No machinery. For all we know, the Vong could respect their ways and leave them be. They were hardly dumb animals

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    True. The Ewoks don't use any blasters or machinery.

Do you think the Ewoks will have an important role in the future of the NJO?

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

God, I hope not.

14. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    *Imagines ewok hangliders pounding the hell out of Nom Anor*

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Why do you don't want the Ewoks to appear again?

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >The legend of planetary endor disapearing millenia ago, was that just a legend. Considering that it >was up in the sky bright and well within 5 years of ROTJ(5 years definatly throws out legend of >millenia ago{millenia is 1000 years}), and can be seen in the sky during heroes time on the planet as >the alliance of free planets, and other times.

I agree. The Burtt book mentions an "Endor Moon Hoax," which is most likely the background info given in the ROTJ novelization.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.