main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Exactly Happens To Corrisont

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBong0202, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBong0202

DarthBong0202 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    What Exactly Happens To Corrisont That It Is Not Talked About In The Second Trilogy, Is It Still A Planet Or Does It Get Wiped Out

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Coruscant is still around, and it is still the capital of the Empire.

3. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    we actually do see it at the end of ROTJ--the crowds are cheering and rioting and a statue of the emperor is smashed to the ground. But no, other than that it seems mysteriously absent. Lucas needs to add a few more scenes in the Archival Editions to make the two trilogies consistent.

4. DarthBong0202

DarthBong0202 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    I agree with you, he only added it in the SE Jedi at the very end and nobody knew what it was.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Um, it was quite obvious that it was Coruscant. What other planet in the SW galaxy has a huge metropolis like that?

6. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    as Bib all ready said, by the way I would like to see these supposed mountains of Coruscant since they say the planet is nothing but city.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Those "mountains" are nothing more than just a series of buildings much higher than the average height on the planet. They're so high up in fact, that some of the skyscrapers can collect snow on their roofs.

8. lil_jedi_blondie

lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    Coruscant probably just took a new name after the empire took it over.

9. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    Courscant is visited in the Jedi Academy Trilogy (which are extremely awesome books to read). Courscant is where the OT gang lives.

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The name for Coruscant after the Empire came to power was Imperial City.

As the EU goes anyways ;)

11. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Quote: "I agree with you, he only added it in the SE Jedi at the very end and nobody knew what it was" - DarthBong0202

Quote: "Um, it was quite obvious that it was Coruscant. What other planet in the SW galaxy has a huge metropolis like that" - Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek

Actually, to those of us who have read the novels and such, the inclusion of Coruscant was obvious. But, to those who have only seen the films and nothing more it was really a complete mystery to them. The name wasn't mentioned in the film because that would have only added to the confusion at the time! Just because something is obvious to a big time fan does not mean that the casual viewer will automatically get it! Of course, with the prequels it is obvious, but this is now a different era than when the special editions were released! ;)

12. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Well its still around in the EU... :D During the Empire's rein it becomes known as the 'Imperial City' I believe. ;)

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Also, Coruscant more or less gets destroyed about 23 years after ROTJ.

The planet itself still exists, but all of the buildings have been turned into rubble, and now there is verdant jungle growing all over the planet.

14. Angel_Blue01

Angel_Blue01 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2001
    Leave the NJO out of this!

15. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    When I saw the ROTJ:SE with some friends (who are only familiar with the movies and not the EU), they knew how big of a SW fan I was, so when we were leaving the theater afterwards, one of them asked, "What was that other place they showed at the end? That wasn't in the other movies." :) So I had to explain what it was.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Along those lines, a friend of mine was asking "what was with Times Square at the end there?"

17. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
  18. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "The planet itself still exists, but all of the buildings have been turned into rubble, and now there is verdant jungle growing all over the planet"

Why wouldn't they begin rebuilding the place for goodness sakes??? Rolls eyes at EU again! ;)

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    They're not rebuilding it because the Yuuzhan Vong (the aliens who captured Coruscant), hate technology, so they only want organic things.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Jamus was joking that it'd take one hell of an effort to rebuild a planet-wide city thousand of levels deep [face_batting]

21. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    They didnt rebuild Coursant because it orbit was moved closer to its sun, making it hotter and uninhabitable for a lot of speicies, making it an unfair place for a capital.

Before you say "how could they move a planet out of its orbit? thats almost impossible" remember, its the STAR WARS universe, a place where structures the size of planets can be built in a few years and sound exists in space ;)

Theres my two cents.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    how could they move a planet out of its orbit? thats almost impossible

Short answer: They pushed it. ;)

23. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Some kind of huge rocket booster(s?) wasnt it? Im not that knowledgeable with EU, not yet.

24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    As said, it's still there. You can see it in the SE of RotJ at the end.

25. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Thats why i dont read EU.

*shudders at bad EU writing...*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.