main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA What Exactly Was Yoda Eating?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by elmoizme, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    In The Empire Strikes Back, what was he eating? And why did Luke not like it? Seems like it would be pretty delicious to me :D

[image=http://www.geocities.com/elmoizme/dagoba.jpg]

Got that from my friend Patti today. She moved to Oregon and seems like that's the only place she's seen them so far. I'll give everyone a report on how it taste when I decide to open it [face_laugh]

2. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    If you are talking about the degoba chocolate bars, they are fairly common. I have seen them in a number of grocery stores. They come in many different flavors.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    He was cooking root leaf for Luke. That's what subtitles are for. ;)

As for the Dagoba bars, I first saw them at the Perk Presidio Cafe. Some of you may have been there. [face_whistling]

4. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I haven't tried the dagobah bars yet... when are we gonna take pics by the GG Bridge?

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    ^Well, if EVERYONE can make the next meeting, and if the weather permits.

6. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Star Wars Go-gurt

7. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    In that one scene in ESB, Yoda is making a stew derived from certain roots and leaves native to Dagobah. The taste is actually pretty bitter which is why Luke winces upon first taste.

8. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    They have the a whole bunch of Dagoba products in Whole Foods stores... :) I was pretty excited when I first saw em, too [face_whistling]

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Actually, the "prop" that Yoda was eating and then gave to Luke is a really nasty thing called a Chik-Stik. I remember that right after the midnight showing, our Luke ran across Hollywood Blvd to get one. And then promptly gagged on it!!! [face_laugh]

10. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You mean those yellow chik-stiks? I love those!

I would think that any "stew" made from leaves and roots would not taste all that great.

11. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    MMkay.. I ate my bar tonight. It's not too bad. You can tell it's organic. It's not very rich like your usual Hersheys bar. Not as sweet either. Try one. You can tell the difference. Oh here's their website: http://www.dagobachocolate.com

12. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Dagoba bars are great. Their chai is fantastic, as is their one with bits of chili in it. YUM!

First time I had one was at Point Reyes Station, having just passed the turn-off to Skywalker Ranch some time before. I was touring around a friend and fellow SW fan from New Zealand and when we pulled into Point Reyes Station, we got out to get snacks. Lo and behold, Dagoba chocolate! Much silliness ensued!

It did prompt me to look up "Dagoba" and find out it was Sanskrit for "temple."

Hmmmm.

- Kai

13. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    What I always wonder about Yoda eating in The Empire Strikes Back is when he first meets Luke he grabs something out of Luke's food box (which LOOKS like a drill bit storage box). It looks like he's chewing on a bland looking frozen fish stick or something. And the soup he's making later in his house looks disgusting too.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Standard military rations, which is standard in emergency supplies of all spacefaring vehicles, especially military. High in protein, low in taste. It's just suppose to keep you going rather than taste good...

15. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    At least it wasn't levitating pears. Although that may have tasted better.

16. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Yup!! Those yellow chick-stiks. That's it!! (And in RotJ, Leia is feeding Wickett Rice Cakes. Gods I lived on those things when I was competitive bodybuilding LOL

17. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    There are more interesting facets to your life, Master-K, than one can shake a stick at. Or a lightsaber, for that matter.

My cat adores rice cakes, on a totally tangential note...

- Kai

18. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    What a strange cat. Rice cakes are bland unless you add something to them...and I thought cats only went for meat.

I've seen those Dagoba bars around. Never bought one tho. I like Lindt with raspberry filling. Yummmmmy!

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Shadow (Rach's cat) eats tortia chips and popcorn. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.