main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What exclusives are you hoping for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    But it's not the 30th year for the trilogy, just Star Wars A New Hope. I wouldn't mind just the droids in some retro packaging... Tatooine back drop or something. Hell, they could do a clean version or (pre oil bath) version.

2. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I thought I'd bump this back up to the top. It's about time for us to learn more about the C4 figure and the badges. I think for C3 they were announced about 3 months out (1/21 & 1/28). We're at about the same point now. I'm not sure what I want the figure to be. I change my mind every day or so. I'd like characters from the original movie on the badges.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The CII Jorg Sacul figure was announced on April 19th, 2002 (about 2 weeks before the convention).
    The CIII Vader figure was announced on January 21st, 2005 (about 3 months before the convention).

So it can go either way - we can be notified either months in advance of CIV, or only a few weeks before. I'm hoping the announcement is made relatively soon.

4. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I would love to see a Luke. An actual Luke that looks like Mark Hamill. So far I haven't seen a figure that looks like him at all.

5. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    The exclusive must be Luke Skywalker with a voice activated button that has the actual voice of Mark Hamill. Here is what it could say:

"Batman is forever!"

or

"Due to my busy schedule, mainly the voice recording for this action figure, I will be unable to attend Star Wars Celebration 4. However, you will be able to see me at the San Diego Comic Con in July. Thank-you."

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    He doesn't even do Comic Cons anymore does he?

I'd love to see a Ben Kenobi. A cool figure. Holding his lightsaber. A real detailed face and voice recordings from the movies. Let's pay Mr. Guiness a little respect.

8. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    I wouldnt mind a good display of behind the scenes photos, not the usual ones of the main cast we have become bored with over the years but those odd candid ones that really show the filmaking process. www.starwars.com used to run these for the prequels by showing extras asleap in their costumes or the stuntmen making a mistake during a take etc. Just looking for something we havnt seen already...

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I know KOTOBUKIYA is releasing their Ralph McQuarrie concept Luke vs. Vader statue set later this year, but I would still love to see a concept Luke/Vader exclusive for CIV.

There are so many amazing art pieces that McQuarrie did from 1973-1975, one of them would make a spectacular CIV exclusive. I certainly hope they go that route to commemorate 30 years.

10. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    See, I think the concept stuff is stupid. It's neat to see, but as an exclusive, I don't like it that much.

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    "Stupid" is a little harsh to use, but that's fine. To each his own.

In any event, I can't wait for the exclusives to be announced. [face_money_eyes]

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Dude, Justin, come on. Look at the early Chewbacca. It is so funny looking. Not all of them look bad. Just certain ones look that way.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Come on what, pwinkle? Like I said, to each his own.

I think a concept piece would be a great CIV exclusive. Maybe go with a Luke piece, or perhaps a 4-pack carded set of a concept Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, and Leia figure. Although a 4-pack is extremely wishful thinking on my part, it would be really cool to see at CIV (4th celebration, 4 figure pack). :)

14. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I love the talking Vader and would like a sound one again. I'd like a two figure set with R2D2 & C3PO. They're 2 of my favorites.

edit - I've changed my mind again. I just can't decide. I'd like a Luke & Leia representative of the C4 logo or a Millennium Falcon where you can hear conversations inside. Maybe use some of the most recognized phrases (Han - dusting crops; Leia - they let us get away; ...you get the picture) or the R2D2 & C3PO set. [face_blush] I'll take one of each!

15. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    OK, Thats it, all I want is one big fracken Death Star that lights up when you push a button, and makes the lazer sound.

Or better yet...

A huge Mega-Maid that sucks all the air outta Druidia....OOOPS WRONG MOVIE...LOL.

16. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Someone just asked about this on my local board and I just came up with the following idea:
    A Luke and Leia two-pack posed like the design on the C4 logo which came from the Style A poster of A New Hope. This would work better in the Unleashed scale, but I wouldn't expect that.

17. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    The concept C-3PO and R2-D2 would be rather interesting.

18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it will be either Luke or Ben as the main figure. Luke because, after all, he's the hero of ANH, Ben because it has turned out that in quite a few polls he is one of the most popular characters in the Saga, and he played quite a big part in ANH.

19. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I posted the latest update in the proper thread but thought it deserved a mention here. It looks like it might be easier to shop at C4. One part of the latest announcement is a teaser about a 'quick path' shopping system.

Ability to reserve Quick Path shopping times first at the Celebration Store. We'll be announcing soon on starwars.com/celebration how to reserve your shopping time in the Celebration Store, and those who have already have purchased admission badges will be the first to be able to sign up for these limited slots. Spend far less time in line and get more shopping done for exclusive Celebration IV merchandise!

20. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I would love to know how they are going to pull this off. It sounds like you are going to have the store all to yourself for a certain length of time. With all of the people who are going to CIV and to the store I don't see how they can do this individually. It would seem to be more practical to have it like a reservation at a restaurant. Where you and X amount of people get to go into the store at a specified time, but we will learn more about this later.

DarthLudicrous

21. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I am sure that is how they are going to do it. I can't see them only allowing one person at a time in.

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The Quick Path idea for the CIV store is HUGE news. Any method that Gen Con can come up with that will help reduce the expected long lines at the store is nothing but positive & exciting to hear.

I don't know how they will pull it off, but in the end, it will all be worth it. Those of us who had the pleasure of standing on line at the C3 store for 6+ hours (remember how much fun that was?) will definitely have a smile on their face after reading this proposed announcement. =D=

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Would be great if it works but it could be a bigger nightmare. I'm sure it will eliminate the 7 plus hours that some people stood in line but I still think you'll be standing there for a couple of hours.

24. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    7 hours in line was ridiculous. I volunteered last time and got my 24 Vader figures in 4 hours. HA! I am going to try and go to the store REALLY later or early. Like 3 or 4 am.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Best to grab those early Quick Path time slot reservations as soon as they become available. I'll be gunning for the 10:00am slot on Thursday morning. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.