main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Expanded Universe Scenes Do You Want In The Ultimate Edition?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kast_Morben, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The whole 'Ultimate edition' thing was based on an article I read in the cinema magazine when I went to see LOTR. It said that Lucas was re-filming things for the OT.

I agree that their should be more PT ties, Bail Organa On Alderaan perhaps, it wouldn't be that hard to put him in 'old age' make up.

And I Totally Agree with the Rancor Matte lines, I cringe when I watch that, and the 'lightsaber on the falcon' scene needs rejigging, it just looks strange to me.

More Ideas when I get them!

2. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Even more than the rancor scene, I'm suprised the special editions didn't fix Ben and Vader's duel on the death star. There are a few times during that fight when Ben's lightsaber isn't lit. You can clearly see the grey aluminum "blade." ;)

3. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm one of those that would love to see the EU more tied into the movies with cameos and such. Here's some that I'd like to see:

1. Mara on Tatooine.
    2. Tycho Celchu either on Hoth or at Endor. (referenced by name)
    3. Hal Horn in the PT somewhere.
    4. Isard's father in the PT.
    5. Just the Outbound Flight Project leaving Coruscant.
    6. Dash Rendar on Hoth or Tatooine would be cool.
    7. Anything else that would link the movies to the EU!

Yes, I'd also like to see them fix the matte lines in the Rancor scene as well as the "Greedo shot first". I doubt GL will change the Greedo thing though. :( I'd also like to see him put the Biggs scene's back in.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new stuff that GL puts in to link the PT with the OT. Maybe some Senate stuff, or something on Alderaan? But let's think about this....the locations that he had sets for would be Kamino, Geonosis, Coruscant, Tatooine, and Naboo. So, logically, the added scenes that were alluded to would have to come from one of these sets. Unless...he just did some stuff with makeup and filmed some actors in front of a green/blue screen and will add in the background with computers? Possible? I think so.

Anyway, I think that once Ep.3 hits theaters GL will release his final version of the OT so that theaters can have a marathon showing the 6 movie saga at once. Shortly thereafter he'll release the OT DVD's which will contain his "definitive" version and that will mark the end of SW movies. (A very sad day for many SW fans). That's my theory anyway. :)

4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Hmm, well,

1) Mara at Jabby-Boys Palace
    2) Dash Rendar at Hoth
    3) Keyan Farlander at Yavin
    4) Kyle Katarn Picking his nose during the briefing on the Mon Cal crusier during ROTJ
    5) Thrawn in the Background Somewhere
    6) Xizor in the Background Somewhere
    7) Isard in the Background Somewhere
    8) A scene which provides aBackground in which to place 5-7
    9) NO MATTE LINES ON THE FLIPPIN RANCOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.