main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What fans are the most annoying?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Personally, I really hate the Saint fans. They have a very good team, but I cant stand their fans. One year they are wearing bags over their head, the next they claim to be loyal whan their team starts wining. Typical bandwagon fans, almost like Cowboys fans.

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    You really like taking potshots at Cowboys fans, don't you? At least Cowboys fans aren't miserable people like most Eagles fans are. Of course throwing batteries at opposing teams, snowballs at Santa Claus, and cheering a rival team's player for having a possible broken neck just screams class.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Anaheim Angel fans, or is it LA Angels, or the LA Angels of Aneheim. Whatever they're calling themselves, they're fans suck. When they won the World Series a few years ago everyone under the sun was suddenly an Angels fan. But before that (and since) I've never seen more than one fan in one place before.

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Only speaking about fans of a certain team or in general?

5. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
  6. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Oh, well than. I agree that bandwagon fans are particularly annoying, as well. I can forgive younger fans that tend to get on with a team, that just happens to be winning at the time. However, fans that are fans when a team is winning, but naysayers when they are losing, get on my nerves like no other.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The most annoying fans are those who can't see that it is just a game and love to start a fight and destroy things after their team has lost (or got in trouble as well).

Although I think it can get on your nerves much if a fan only talks about his club/person and don't like any kind of jokes, but these aren't the most annoying fans. It's much worse when a fan demolate your car or so...

Beside of this I general like to see the fans of a team or sport. It's funny to see them all in a bunch. *g*

8. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Hell, in the states some fans destroy things after they win. ;)

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh yeah... that happens as well...(why do they do that? :confused:) ...but mostly they do it because of being in a bad mood.

10. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'd have to second what the poster above said about Anaheim Angels fans--I grew up in LA and never knew any there or here in NYC, where I have lived for 10 years, except when they won the Series, than I couldn't ride a subway train without seeing 10 Angels caps; ever since that year, I haven't seen one again. I have to disagree about Saints fans though, they might have put bags on their heads, but they always come out on Sundays and they finally have a team to be proud of; kind of like Tampa Bay Bucs fans, they had it hard and then their loyalty paid off, very cool.
    I must admit that I have a bit of a problem with some Redsox fans; I mean they don't have to spill beer on me and throw peanuts at me when I go to Fenway as a Yankee fan--when they are winning the bloody game. I like gracious winners and losers and the hardcore sox fans are alot meaner to Yankee fans than they need to be. Sure we taunt them when they come to the Bronx, but we don't waste good beer and peanuts on them!

11. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Maryland Terrapin fans. After their win over Clemson 13-12, their section of the fans stayed and chanted "Hey Clemson, you suck"! They also chanted "**** you JJ when JJ Redick shot free throws for Duke 2 years ago, they had to bleep it out on ESPN. I would not call them "annoying" but they are the ugliest (sportsmanship wise) fans in america

12. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Red Sox fans. Especially in Fenway. Hands down. I also have to go with Jets fans. My brother is a Miami fan and my parents are Jets fans. My brother doesnt hear the end of it. Especially during Miami-Jets games.

13. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Why is your brother even a Dolphin fan in the first place? Your parents have every right to give him a hard time. Considering you live in Jersey, you have a good choice of teams between the Eagles, Giants & Jets.

14. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002

I'm not sure why. He always was. The only people who root for the Eagles are people in South Jersey. I live less than 15 miles away from the Meadowlands.

15. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Toronto Maple Leafs fans bug me, mainly due to them being slavishly devoted to a team that never seems interested in doing anything useful, like winning a Stanley Cup. The team sells out every game, so the fans give team management no incentive to do something in order to help the team go from good to great. Here's a hint, kids: if the team is crap (like this year) STOP GOING TO THE GAMES! Not only that, but they go crazy in the streets for the stupidest things, like winning the first round of the playoffs. Get over it! I suppose they should celebrate though. The Leafs rarely get past the second round anyway.

Dishonourable mentions:

New York Yankee fans: loudmouthed and obnoxious, especially those who jumped on the bandwagon around the mid-90s.

Ottawa Senators fans: any Sens fans over 20 years old were Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs fans at one time, and are all sellouts.

Atlanta Braves fans: that ***damned chant and chop. From 1991 to 2005, that team was the most boring "dynasty" in sports history.

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Out of principle I must say that Texas and Texas Tech fans are highly annoying.

Texas Tech, upon beating the Aggies recently, tore their OWN bleacher section down...how much sense does that make?

In baseball, Yankee fans are annoying.

17. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    am i an annoying Yankees fan?

18. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Auburn fans.

They say nothing when Auburn loses, but when Auburn wins they come out of the woodwork like cockroaches when the lights get flicked on. They have no tradition, no class, and always take an opportunity to take a cheap shot at Alabama (a program that has everything they wish they did).

Worst Fans ever.

19. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004

QFT

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Not really a fan, but Jerry Jones signing autographs at on opposing team's stadium. I think that goes beyond annoying.

21. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    It's annoying that someone solicited an autograph, and he took the time to give one? Would you be calling him a jerk, if someone asked and he told them to buzz off?

22. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I really can't stand the fans of any team that's known for winning championships. For the most part, they're elitists and it's annoying.

Yankees fans, niners fans, spurs fans, lakers fans, patriot fans...

all of 'em

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Oh it wasn't like that at all. He had the window open to his box and was signing Cowboys memorabilia and throwing it out to fans, some of whom didn't seem very eager to be receiving it.

24. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004

:_|

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The Niners really? Maybe 10 years ago, but not lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.