main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What figures are you having a hard time finding?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ILVIKINGSFAN11, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILVIKINGSFAN11

ILVIKINGSFAN11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Well, the subject says it all..

Besides Dooku, what figures are you having a hard time finding?? I cannot find the Emperor's Red Guard for the life of me..

Edit: Changed title...

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i cant find dooku, royal gaurd, taun we, luminara unduli, and mace windu...

3. CookedYaddle

CookedYaddle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Taun We, and Luminara Unduli. As for Mace, I think only the Deluxe version is out as of yet, which is pretty common so far. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. ^_^

4. Sir_Jetweed

Sir_Jetweed Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
    You are correct on the Mace. It's not out yet (add Bespin Luke and Bespin Darth). Taun, Geonosian, Royal, Luminari, Dooku, and Jettster are all hard to find. Why?

There is collection 1, which consists of 6 different boxes with figure assortments. Collection two has 4 different boxes. So, we have 10 boxes total.

If we had 1 each of all 10 boxes, there would be 132 characters. The 6 figs mentioned above would represent 12 characters, or 9%. Hence the shortage. Of course there might be specific boxes shipped to the retailer, so mileage will vary.

Someone should start a regional location thread, IMHO, so that members in similar areas can set up trades.

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    What's Bespin Darth? Does he have his hand up in the air to block shots, or something?

6. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    It's the Bespin lightsaber duel. He has his left arm out just like he does when he asks Luke to join him.

I haven't found Dexter or any other figs from that assortment.

7. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    No it's from "Luke, I am your father!" He comes with gantry and is damn cool.

8. Padawan Coalesce

Padawan Coalesce Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 1999
    I have got ever one of the AOTC figures except...
    Yoda
    Dooku
    Luminara Unduli
    Taun We
    Royal Guard

I really, really want Yoda, Dooku, & Luminara :(

9. Sir_Jetweed

Sir_Jetweed Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
  10. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    That Red Guard is unbelievably impossible to find. I only saw two at midnight, and some guy got away with both of them! :mad:

I did see a bit of Dookus though, there were many left the last time I looked before I left Wal-Mart.

11. jedi_duck

jedi_duck Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Last night I went to three Wal Marts without seeing a single Royal Guard, and tonight I went back and watched them restock the shelves of one and just about every box had a Royal Guard in it, its crazy.

Still no Dooku though. I think its just chance, eventually your store will get theirs out.

My question is on the back of the Royal Guard, Luminara and Taun We, they show a picture of Qui Gon?!@ Has anyone seen a Qui Gon, why would he be shown on the package if he's not part of the collection, and has anyone seen Dooku on the back packaging of another figure?

12. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Qui Gon is soupposed to come out later, but I don't know why he is on the back, maybe hasbro is just teasing everyone. :p
    I only bought six figures, Jango, Boba, C-3PO, Luminara, Taun We, and Yoda, and Dooku isn't on the back of any of those.

13. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I can't find Shaak Ti. :(

14. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I don't think the non-delux Count Dooku was released on the 23rd. I 6th in line on the 23rd midnight maddness thing and no one found any Dooku figure. I bought 2 Yodas, 2Obi-Wans, 2Padme Amidalas. Plo Koon is the one hard to find in my area.

15. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I can't find Dooku ANYWHERE. My Wal-Mart (London, KY) has Royal Guards and Taun We's by the bucketloads. I got Luminara last night...can't find any Boba Fetts...they sold out of Obi-Wans'...

...it's a mess.

16. Obi-Bob

Obi-Bob Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 1999
    Did not find a Dooku in Western MA either. I found it odd that the deluxe listed Dooku as "Darth Tyranus". Anyone know this before hand?

I ended up only buying 8. Obi-Wan, Padme, Outland Anakin, Jango, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, R2, and 3PO.

I'm actually kind of disapointed in the figures. Too posed, and gimmicky. I like the E1 style where you can pose them yourself with bendable elbows and stuff.

Well, I did not find Mace, Plo, Nikto, Luminara, Yoda, Bespin Luke and Vader, or Hangar Anakin. I did, however, see some of the guys some of you can not, such as Dexter. But, I tried to limit my buying to just "major" characters.

17. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    They are all out there.... all 27 figures. I think that some stores just haven't gotten to them yet. (esp. the walmarts)More are showing up as my Super walmart restocks it shelves. At MM there was a shortage of all these figures you are all talking about and by last night they had plenty of all of them. It may just take some time for them to show....my Walmart manager said that they just unpakced cases as they were in the back, so they didn't really try to make sure all of the figures were out. But he was cool enough to let us go thru them at MM so we found all of the figures. So they are out there.

18. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    Dooku IS out there. I got 2 last night. They were the only 2.

19. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Couldn't wait.

Got Dooku at amoktime.com for $14.99

of course now i'll see him tomorrow somewhere for half that.... alas.

20. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Dooku is in collection 1 wave 3 ratio 1 boxes at 2 per case.

Most wal-marts didn't get to them because they started with what they got in first which was collection 1 waves 1 and 2, and collection 2 waves 1 and 2. Red Guard, Luminara, and Taun We are in collection 2 wave 3. This is why you may have had trouble with them.

Be patient, be sure to check your wal-mart as often as you can. The figures are generally selling so they'll be restocking 2-3 cases per night. Eventually, they'll get to Dooku.

Don't pay the scalper prices for him and eventually the scalpers will be left with dead stock.

21. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Can someone post the box numbers and numbers for each figure? I was at TRU today and they were putting out the boxes. If I would have known the box number I could have found the figs I wanted. Someone link me please.

!snap

22. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    aint got no Walmarts in NYC.

but i do feel bad for buying scalper prices. this is the only one. promise.

23. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I went to three different Walmarts, and they each their own rare figures. I got Dooku at the first Walmart, a woman that worked there was opening boxes helping me find him. I was there when they opened at 6am. That Walmart didn't seem to have a lot of Yodas, but another Walmart had Yoda as a peg-warmer. So, try to check out other stores. What's rare at one place, could be falling off the shelves at another.

24. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Snap:

Collection 1 cases are 84851***
    Collection 2 cases are 84861***

Collection 1 cases:

If it also says "wave 1" or "wv 1" then it's the basic 8 collection 1 figs: Anakin Peasant, 3P0, R2, Padme, SBD, Kit Fisto, Ob-Wan, Jango Fett.

WV 2 should have those plus Clone Troopers and Zam Wessells...

WV 3 adds Yoda, Anakin HD, and Dooku. But you only get Dooku in the ratio 1 cases. So it's collection 1, wave 3, ratio 1 that has Dooku. I've not seen any ratio 2 but ratios 3 and 4 don't have Dooku in them. They took those two out and put some wave 1 figs in his place.

Collection 2 cases:

WV 1 are Boba Fett, Plo Koon, Tusken Raiderette, Battle Droid, Shaak Ti, and Captain Typho.

WV 2 consists of Nikto Jed2i, Saessee Tiin, Jar Jar Senator, Dexter Jetster, and Geonosian Warrior. They also have wv 1 battle droids...

WV 3 adds Luminara Unduli, Royal Guard, and Taun We. They also feature figures from wvs 1 and 2.

I didn't notice the ratios on those collection 2 cases as the stockpeople were dumping the cases into a shopping cart and putting them on the shelves from there...

25. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    The people at Wal-mart and Toys R Us told me that the only Dooku they got was the deluxe version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.