What figures, vehicles and playsets have Hasbro still not made?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Lizardmonkey, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Lizardmonkey Force Ghost

star 2
    What have Hasbro still not made - and what would be on your top five wishlist?

Mine would be:

5: Creatures and non-released characters from the Ewok movies (CoC and TEA)
    4: A stormtrooper voice changer helmet.
    3: Cantina alien range of voice changer head masks (start with Greedo!)
    2: The pink, eye-patched Yoda-esque Jedi from Episode One.
    1: Harvey Korman's chef from 'A Holiday Special' - in fact any Holiday special characters.

Okay - that list is bound to incur anger! What are your ideas?
  2. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    Anything to do with the Sith/Jedi from the Old Republic series
    Seperatist army leaders with their soldiers/tanks/ships

Most of original films and the prequels is just about covered so we
    need some figures/ships from new ages of star wars
  3. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if I were still collecting hasbro:

A scout walker that can stand upright (stupid RotJ version has the 'walk' function, but even with the lock switch, tends to list to the side).

Classic Snow-speeder. Sure, they've reissued it, but I want the classic "blaster cannons light up in sequence down the barrel" look.

New StarDestroyer playset. Loved the old Kenner one.

Modular Death-star sets that you can buy in pieces, then link together.

Been a while since we had an Endor Bunker set.

Or a good Hoth set. How about a wampa cave? Again, I loved the classic Kenner sets.

Skipray Blastboat?

Tantavie IV/Blockade Runner? Never done that. (OK, there was a prototype)

T-6 transport?
    Just about any of the stuff from the cartoon. (except the Zillo beast)

Over the last 15 years, almost everything I ever wanted was released (or re-released), along with tons of other stuff. There are so many versions of all the major figures, and most of the people who were in the background in the cantina and other crowd scenes. Didn't they even do a package with the Death-star conference room?
  4. Lizardmonkey Force Ghost

star 2

Great call on the Rebel Blockade Runner 'Tantive'!
  5. Juke Skywalker Chosen One

star 5
    Yes! That's a long time coming. As is a Blockade runner, but I know cost and size are the major factors keeping those from happening.

I believe they released a larger scale version of "Slave I" a year or two back, but it had the "AOTC" paint scheme. I'd love to see that with an "TESB" paint job.
  6. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    See, that's the beauty of a modular death-star: you buy the pieces you want, one at a time or as many as you want, then build a bigger and bigger playset. Hey, they sold the jedi council as 6 pieces... Only death star we've seen since 1978 was a couple of mini-sets.

Yeah, there's a bigger Slave1, and it looks impressive. And it is AotC/Clone Wars Cartoon paint scheme.
  7. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    When they were making figures of the Rogue Squadron pilots, I was quite disappointed that they didn't make one of Ooryl Qrygg. I demand a Zuckuss kitbash! Gands need more love in plastic toy form.

Now that I think about it, it would also be nice to see an updated Rancor, with enhanced articulation.
  8. Juke Skywalker Chosen One

star 5
    This is true. You could even include some pack-in figures with each. If they could keep the price point under $30 a peice I think they might sell.

I agree. Actually I think many of the OT beasts could use an update.
  9. Blur Chosen One

star 4
    After the excellent Twin-Pod Cloud Car came out last year, Hasbro has now made almost everything I would like to see. However, even now there are still a handful of ships/playsets/figures I would still like to see:

Figures:

Tonnika Sisters two-pack (Cantina, ANH): These will probably never come out because of rumored rights issues with the likenesses of the actresses who played these characters; but, if these ever get straightened out I would really like to see these two figures - any cantina diorama would be incomplete without the Tonnikas :)

Toryn Farr (Echo Base, ESB): Toryn was the female communications operative who was in the Echo base control room when the Imperials were attacking. I like obscure Rebel characters, and IMHO Toryn would make a great figure.

Ships:

- Tantive IV (Rebel Blockade Runner, ANH): A popular ship since it's on so many lists. This would be a great (though large) toy, and is iconic since it's really the first ship to be seen in the first SW film.

- Large-scale Sandcrawler: Though a Sandcrawler was made in both the Vintage SW line back in the day & in the modern line (about 10-11 years ago), it would be great to see a much larger Sandcrawler with flashing lights, etc. Maybe it could even come with 1-2 exclusive droids :)

- Large-scale Sail Barge (ROTJ): May be unrealistic to expect this, but I would really like to see this toy.

Playsets:

- A set of modular DS Playsets (that connected together) would be fantastic. I have fond memories of playing with the original DS playset back in the day, so a very elaborate update would be great. I envision something along the lines of the '80's die-cast "Micro Machine" playsets, but in a much larger scale and with many more parts/sections.

- A Cantina playset (ANH). This should include the bar, chairs, alcoves, etc. What would be especially great was that if this were patterned after the floor plans of the Cantina that were used in the film.

- A large Jabba's Palace Throne Room playset. This would be amazing as well. Back around '83/'84, there was a small-scale Jabba's Palace model kit that reproduced the throne room from the movie; something like this (though in much larger scale, of course) would be superb.

- A Rancor's pit playset. Maybe this could connect to the Jabba Throne room playset somehow, so figures could "drop" into the pit from the throne room.
  10. Blur Chosen One

star 4
    Re: the Rancor, circa 2009 there was a truly superb updated version (Target Exclusive). I don't see how they could improve on this, but that's just me; that being said, the 1998 Rancor did have "leathery" skin, which was fairly cool and was missing in the 2009 version.
  11. Juke Skywalker Chosen One

star 5
    I remember back when the new Rancor came out but I didn't pick him up (Doh!). I was thinking more along the lines of a new Taun Taun (Which is rumored to be coming soon) and a Dewback.
  12. firesaber Jedi Master

star 3
    The Rancor was indeed superb. As was this recent Dewback and this Tauntaun wasn't bad (nor the wampa!
  13. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    Way back when, I build a diarama out of Foam-core board of Jabba's throne-room Mostly just to display the figures. It got destroyed by two male cats both marking it.
    Fortunately, I later got the paper-board Jabba's that Hasbro put out (same with the Cantina), and built that up so the Rancor could be underneath. Had a drop-chute and control room. And a droid torture room beside that.
  14. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I concur with this. One cannot reenact Of Possible Futures without Toryn!

Then they need to remake it with the rubbery skin. Then it would be the ultimate rancor. Also, making it a bit more widely-available, in terms of distribution (my nearest Target is about an hour and a half away), would also be nice, but that's a nitpick.
  15. Juke Skywalker Chosen One

star 5
    Here's the picture of that rumored Tauntaun I saw. This is just a prototype, but it looks like a solid upgrade.

Is she the one that says "Stand by Ion control... fire!"?

Yeah if Major Derlin [AKA Cliff Clavin] can get a figure, she should too. And I'd hope it was on a vintage style card :D.
  16. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, that would be Toryn. She got a bigger role in Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
  17. daveeek Jedi Master

IMPERIAL PROBE DRIOD

I did have one that came with a Hoth playset but they should do one on its own. (unless i missed it!)
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    They've never made a Cliegg Lars figure.
  19. Blur Chosen One

star 4
    There was a great Probe Droid that came out in '97 in the POTF2 line. I don't think they've updated this since then.
  20. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I've said before, they need to take the excellent designs of the Kenner Micro Collection sets (Death Star, Hoth, Bespin) and make 3 3/4" scale playsets based on their designs. They could even take a cue from the way Kenner marketed the sets. You could buy bits of the set one at a time, or buy the entire thing in one package.

21. Juke Skywalker Chosen One

star 5

That would be awesome. I'd love to have some great Bespin environments.
  22. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    That would be a very big box with some (hah!) assembly required. I'd be all for the "collect all four to build the complete [set's name]!" angle, though. Having the playsets modular would make for easier storage for those of us who don't have a room (or rather the permission) to have everything set up in the living room.

And while we're on the subject of Micro Machines... I'd personally like to see a resurgence of interest in those. Those playsets were great. And they're great for RPGs.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.