main
side
curve

What Film Made You Join TFN?

Discussion in 'Anniversary Forum' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 3, 2018.

?

What Film Made You Join TFN?

1. ANH

5.0%
  2. ESB

1.0%
  3. RoTJ

2.0%
  4. TPM

26.0%
  5. AOTC

15.0%
  6. RoTS

17.0%
  7. TFA

30.0%
  8. TLJ

2.0%
  9. RO

1.0%
  10. SOLO

1.0%
  1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I joined up during the first few weeks of set photos for TFA. Great times. :D

2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Star Wars A New Hope made me join TFN.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The teaser trailer for The Phantom Menace.

4. dolphin

dolphin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Questions about the meaning of the Padawan ponytail (one of the first pictures of Ewan as Obi-Wan) drove me to this site in 1998. :)

GregMcP likes this.
  5. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2015
    Hmmm. TFA is #1 and #2. So the 2 revivals of the series lead to the 2 top reasons for joining.

I tried to join as Cos Dasith (sic). Notice the misspelling because I was immediately banned when I joined using the correct spelling of the Emperor in the first draft of The Star Wars. Not a good start.

So I joined as Prince Valorum. However, no matter how much I love Vader and how much I initially didn’t like the Emperor in ROTJ , and how initially disappointed I was with TPM, I loved Ian as Palpatine and Sidious in TPM. So I changed to Prince Espaa Valorum and had Senator Palpatine as my icon.

I probably left in 2006 and didn’t return until TFA was in production. Technologically incompetent that I am I could not access my old account and then accidentally created a new account with my Hotmail address as my TFN username. Ugh. If I’d been a mole on the Death Star, I’d have destroyed it out of sheer technological incompetence and I would haved saved many Rebel lives.

So, I’m a sock of a sock of a sock of a banned sock. Oh dear, will I be banned for this?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I joined during the production of TFA in 2014.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Technically, I joined because it was a very long wait between TPM and AOTC and I needed fans to commiserate with and a place to read all the ideas about how Episodes 2-3 would turn out. Mostly in fanfic.

8. wobbits

wobbits Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    R1. After it's release I started seeking out other fans to converse with and remembered my old email address so I ended up registering finally.

9. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Apr 18, 2005
    ANH made me want to join these boards, because I wanted to learn all I could about the Star Wars universe. I actually joined after ROTS came out though.

10. Coruscant

Coruscant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    ROTS.

Originally joined in ‘03, after lurking for a while in 3SA. I was a total WNUgget.

11. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2017
    I looked at threads on here for a number of years before joining. The build up to The Last Jedi finally convinced me to join in Oct. 2017.

The old layout was busier and not as user-friendly -- the one with Han in Carbonite in the wallpaper.

12. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    TPM as a lurker, AOTC as an active poster, spent a lot of time in the 3SA talking about sideburns and whether or not Lando's father Grando would make a showing.

13. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    To be clear - I joined post-TPM in anticipation of AotC and went all in on this thing that I had been previously unaware of... "Spoilers"

I wanted them so badly I even would read SuperShadow's site

14. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    ANH...I remember not giving a **** about any of my other Christmas presents in 1996 because I got ANH on VHS (thanks Gramma <3
    ) and I watched it non-stop. Didn't get access to the internet until like 2001 and discovered google and voila. Boom. I'm here.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    Revenge of the Sith - my excitement for the film (and consequent listening to The Forcecast) got me to stumble upon TFN proper, and then message boards seemed like a good idea at the time. I actually managed to get out! But then I came back three years later, fool that I was.

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Young Jedi Knights got me into searching for Star Wars online, not any of the films.