main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Force Powers/Representation of the Force Would You Like To See In The ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jan 24, 2014.

?

To What Extent Would You Like To See Force Powers In The ST?

1. I want to see the Force as it was in the films (Mind tricks, telekinesis, etc.)

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. I want to see the Force taken to extremes like that of The Force Unleashed games (Suped-up powers)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I want to see the Force as it is in the EU (Force-cyclones, Force-teleportation, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of all of the above, if possible, so long as it's done right.

52 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. Other. (Maybe, a combo of the above options or another unlisted one. If so, give an example.)

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    A version of the force choke where a Sith twists someone's stomach into a knot and makes them vomit, would be pretty funny, actually.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

True enough but I still want my KOTOR Trilogy after Ep 9

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    B Wilson, post: 52244388

Jacen Solo being able to hide his presence in the force.

Palpatine could do this. Plus, Porce users can't always sense each other anyway - even in the same room

Force Healing/Jedi Healers (I don't believe they talk about any of them in any of the movies, but they have in the EU can't remember from where though)

Yes, but it should be limited in who can do it (both the self healing and healing of others), lest it become Jedi Wolverine - I've never been a fan of Wolverine but the fact that he can survive a bullet to the head (and everything else) makes him incredibly boring.

Pretty much anything Galen Marek/Starkiller was doing in TFU and it's sequel.

Those were all previously known, and fairly standard, Force powers just hyped up to Matrix-style levels. I love The Matrix, but the Jedi shouldn't be amped up - Prequel levels and no more. TFU is fun but even I can beat the levels with ease, and that is saying something. :p

More force jumping and speed

More than we saw in the OT? Yes. The Force Speed... maybe. The initial blur of Jinn and Kenobi as they stared running was good (it had a good supernaturally effect) but the shot of them running down the hall was too much like an attempt at The Flash. And if they can move like that, why don;t they fight like that. It makes sense that they can run faster than regular people (because the can jump higher and further) but I don't like it that fast. It was a great and get hinderance in the Kyle Katarn games:)

Didn't Darth Nihilus siphon the life force from people

That was in the Kyle Katarn games too - yes, it would be good if the Dark Sider Master can do that - rather shoot out deadly energy he can absorb to devastating effect (but only with physical contact) ;)

i'm sure there are other examples in the old EU.

As far as new stuff.......

Maybe something like an advanced version of mind tricks that amount to force illusions

Good one, but like healing that should be limited in it's effect and scope. And only the target character should be able to see it, not the audience, for example a stormtrooper is guarding a hallway and starts freaking out about womp rats that aren't there allowing the heroes to get closer to take him and his colleagues :)

Expand on force lightning and make it an actual bolt

You mean like a blaster bolt?

Somebody in an earlier post said something about force fire......expand on it maybe and use force elements (Maybe........... this is Star Wars and not Avatar)

You mean conjuring fire out of nowhere? No I don't like that idea. Leave it to Avatar (which I have only recently started watching - it is awesome :))

Force teleportation

No, that doesn't suit the Force. ;)

B Wilson likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he was being sarcastic. jar jar didn't believe in them until they started fighting.

5. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    Did anyone else find the Jedi librarian scary? More like that.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I would guess, something that looks like one of the thicker and brighter real-world lightning bolts.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

That would look silly. It isn't meant to be that way.

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I wouldn't mind them expanding on Force powers in the ST (especially if the rumors about an "ancient" threat reemerging turn out to be true). Plus Luke has had over 30 years to hone his skills/increase his power, so I'm REALLY interested to see what he can do. That being said, I don't want it to get to Starkiller-levels of OOP ridiculousness.

Someone brought up the SW: OP trailer earlier. Two of the coolest shots in that trailer were when Satele punched the ground and sent a shock-wave that knocked people over, and when she used the force to block Darth Malgus's lightsaber. I'd be perfectly fine if we see abilities like that in the new films. Hell even the "Jedi Kamehameha wave" could probably work. They're cool and different (unless you want to count Vader blocking Han's blaster fire in ESB), but not TOO over-the-top powerful.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I agree with the first paragraph.

The second - no - the "Force quake" was too TFU. The lightsabre block looked like she was holding the blade in her hands, was she Forcing it back just inched from her hands?

10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The force quake was nowhere near as OP as TFU. He basically just knocked over anyone in the immediate vicinity, and they got right back up shortly after. And yes, she was blocking the blade right BEFORE it reached her hand.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

OP?

12. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    A mix without getting too crazy would be good.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  13. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    How about an old Force power only mentioned but not shown - Manipulation of Midi-chlorians to create life.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  14. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    How would it be shown:p ?

15. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I am not sure.

Maybe showing midi-chlorians causing a female egg to somehow be a-sexually fertilized or somehting to cause the egg cell to divide and grow.

Hadn't really thought it through to that degree.

Although I don't think a Force sensitive being could create a new life form.

My whole purpose for bringing this up was the Plagieus legend.

I really don't get the whole Plagieus thing.

I don't think Plagieus could "create" a life form (only the Force could do that), I think he could only sustain someones health prolonging their life via manipulation of the M-C.

16. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

TheBBP likes this.
  17. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  18. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  19. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Didnt Palpatine use Force Speed against Mace and Team. He speedblitzed

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    The Tenth Doctor, regretting attending this KISS concert.

Millennium Fairlane and TheBBP like this.
  21. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Asexual reproduction would mean Anakin would have to be a girl, since Shmi would have no yDNA to offer there. Among a myriad of other problems.

Where'd the other half of his DNA come from? I'm almost afraid to ask.

22. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    The problem with amping up the Force powers is that you only have two options to make villains a threat - have a lot of them or amped up the bad guy more.

Then you have to up it again for the next film.

I think the best option is the power levels of the PT Jedi but utilise the Force powers more. ;)

I might have have a different opinion on it if it had been used more, but only doing it the once makes it feel like it doesn't quite belong - because why wouldn't they use it more like it the Geonosis arena. A lot more Jedi would have survived.

24. B Wilson

Sep 26, 2014

1.) Maybe not in episode 7 but sometime in this trilogy i think some facet of force powers will be upgraded/advance albeit in a graceful manner.

2.)For me it's more than once, because they have show force jumping and speed in a TV show (the first [2003/04] clone wars) and a game (Battlefront II).

As far as force jumping in the movies, don't forget Obi-Wan jumping up a couple platforms during the Darth Maul fight in TPM. Also Luke jumping out of the carbonite chamber in ESB and Luke jumping up to the rafters in ROTJ.

Force speed in the films is limited to the beginning of TPM, and as someone said in an earlier post I think palpatine uses force speed when dispatching some of the Jedi in his office.

But in the first Clone Wars cartoon/animation the best example of force speed and jumping is used by Mace Windu on Dantooine I believe. I'm at one point Dooku was floating or something like it.

And in Battlefront 2, in which hero characters could force sprint and force jump/double jump. Darth Vader was full on levitating in that (I know that is a stretch even for me but hey, somebody greenlit that into the game).

Whether the last two references are even canon, IDK, but everything still felt like Star Wars.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. B Wilson

Sep 26, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.