main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Force Powers/Representation of the Force Would You Like To See In The ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jan 24, 2014.

?

To What Extent Would You Like To See Force Powers In The ST?

1. I want to see the Force as it was in the films (Mind tricks, telekinesis, etc.)

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. I want to see the Force taken to extremes like that of The Force Unleashed games (Suped-up powers)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I want to see the Force as it is in the EU (Force-cyclones, Force-teleportation, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of all of the above, if possible, so long as it's done right.

52 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. Other. (Maybe, a combo of the above options or another unlisted one. If so, give an example.)

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    B Wilson

I was typing a response, but I kept making mistakes.

Tiredness has hit me all of a sudden.

I'll give your post the correct attention tomorrow ;)

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Not exactly sure MF, which would also pose a problem for the Plagues conception theory, correct?

3. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Sure would. Maybe we should just assume that life in a galaxy far far away isn't based on the DNA code. It's really the only way to reconcile any of it. It's a miracle! is 3 centimeters from because...magic!

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    mythology.

5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I'm not against the idea of a Force user getting more powerful - but it has to have it's limits. A bunch of Akira's running around battering each other is awesome, but in this franchise Force powered Gods has nowhere to go - even Superman has limits and weaknesses. ;)

2.)For me it's more than once, because they have show force jumping and speed in a TV show (the first [2003/04] clone wars) and a game (Battlefront II).

As far as force jumping in the movies, don't forget Obi-Wan jumping up a couple platforms during the Darth Maul fight in TPM. Also Luke jumping out of the carbonite chamber in ESB and Luke jumping up to the rafters in ROTJ.

Force speed in the films is limited to the beginning of TPM, and as someone said in an earlier post I think palpatine uses force speed when dispatching some of the Jedi in his office.

But in the first Clone Wars cartoon/animation the best example of force speed and jumping is used by Mace Windu on Dantooine I believe. I'm at one point Dooku was floating or something like it.

And in Battlefront 2, in which hero characters could force sprint and force jump/double jump. Darth Vader was full on levitating in that (I know that is a stretch even for me but hey, somebody greenlit that into the game).

Whether the last two references are even canon, IDK, but everything still felt like Star Wars.[/quote]

Yes, Palpatine uses Force Speed against the Council, but it done in a very natural looking way - he just moves against them incredibly fast - whereas in TPM the Jedi run a bit too fast, in thou follow me. I'd prefer it to be somewhat fast than Usain Bolt, but not The Flash territory (no they don't run that fast but it is the nearest comparison I can think off ;)).

Like Tim Roth in the Culvver City battle in The Incredible Hulk. If done that way it is more open to a foe still being able to fight them or prevent the Jedi from using it just like an enemy can inhibit the other powers, whereas the TPM run is too fast and begs the question why don't the do it all the time. ;)

Also, is the final fight between Maul and Kenobi (after Jinn falls) sped up in editing or do McGregor and Parks really move that fast?

I'm confused about why you have mentioned Force Jumping ...I didn't have an issue with that. The Force Jumps have never seemed out of place or the like.

6. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    I completely agree with the bolded. I think it's just finding that good middle ground, because as you have been saying, this franchise does not need all these godly-powered characters running around. Two at most, with exceptional powers/abilities, the [Grand] Master of the Jedi and Master of the Sith, if that.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    no fights were sped up in the pt.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  8. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Mythology presented as mythology is mythology. If the Arthurian Cycle introduced a scene in which Merlin explained the molecular bond between the metal and the stone, and how it could be broken by the specific body chemistry of a son of Uther, it'd be a problem, and that's what was done.

As for specific Force powers, I would like to see the Jedi, whomever they may be, relying on the Force alone, as Yoda was on Dagobah. Bring back the mythology. Well, I suppose I can't say bring back, because it evolved that way, its just hard to see because of the timeline. And really, really, good fight scenes! I like those.

9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Cheers - it has been a while since watching those behind the scenes videos so I wasn't sure. ;)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  10. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    It would be cool if Luke got to learn Yoda's trick where he can absorb force lightning with his hands and throw it back... I think I and so many fans would go berserk! :p

11. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Not exactly a new power, but still a representation:

I want to see someone using a lightsaber get their hand decapitated dropping the lightsaber as usual but quickly using telekinesis to "summon" it back to their other hand to continue.

I'd also like to see variations on levitation/telekinesis...like bringing up chunks or even particles of the ground to Force throw into someone's face or even destabilize one's balance sort-of like mini earth-quakes and sand/gravel/whatever shooting up like projectiles/explosions.

As for a new power, let's see...

How about Force Mind Control...basically a stronger version of Jedi Mind Trick/Force Empathy - just straight up manipulation and telepathy.

Hoggsquattle and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Tan-Wessel

I like the one about tossing dirt into an opponent's face with the Force.=D=

It is a nice variation on a classic element of movie and TV fight scenes.;)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I agree. Or maybe Rey will learn this trick by the end of Ep. IX

14. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Agree with mind control. I'd like a bit of light relief with a small 'these are not the droids you are looking for' moment.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I think Tan-Wessel means to take the Mind Trick beyond that with the Force user actually physically and mentally controlling the target.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    we need more examples of force speed ala tpm.

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I think they moved too fast in that scene. Faster than regular folks is logical, but not so fast they are a blur.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i liked it.

19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I'm not putting it down - I'm fully onboard with the concept, I just feel that the "blur effect" of Force Speed and how fast they ran doesn't match, visually, with their other physical abilities like acrobatics and jumping.

Do you follow what I mean? I can't explain it better because it is almost time for to get out of here and that is all that is on my mind just now. :p

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Allema was not the only illusionist. Luke and Jacen Solo as well.

21. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Sidious threw the senate at yoda while levitating the pod he was standing on so the options are pretty open. I would like to see force crush from KOTOR and a lifting force choke into force lightning. Luke bringing down a star destroyer would be cool too. I think extreme powers should be limited to Uber baddie and Luke though.

22. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Force hold. Jedi on a dangerous mission? No time to go to the restroom. Force hold.

23. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I would love to see the dark side training. Like Yoda/Luke just from the dark side perspective.

24. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015

[​IMG]

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe this would come off too much like the Matrix…But I'd really love to see two force users in hand-to-hand combat at some point in the ST. There should be a moment when Rey and Kylo both lose their sabers and they just go at each other with some ferocious martial arts. Would be epic.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.