main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Force Powers/Representation of the Force Would You Like To See In The ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jan 24, 2014.

?

To What Extent Would You Like To See Force Powers In The ST?

1. I want to see the Force as it was in the films (Mind tricks, telekinesis, etc.)

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. I want to see the Force taken to extremes like that of The Force Unleashed games (Suped-up powers)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I want to see the Force as it is in the EU (Force-cyclones, Force-teleportation, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of all of the above, if possible, so long as it's done right.

52 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. Other. (Maybe, a combo of the above options or another unlisted one. If so, give an example.)

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Was that the original novelization or the "updated" one?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That was the original - the same one that has Ben saying that Owen is his brother.

3. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Ah, thanks. Still, I wouldn't take those sentences too serious. It's more or less just a description of the despair that takes hold when a leader falls.

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Does raise the question of how the whole fleet immediately knows the Emperor is dead- was the Throne Room battle being projected to every ship?

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Never been a fan of battle meditation either.

I do like the idea of a group of Force sensitives channeling their power through a leader who can direct a powerful group attack.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sounds too similar to Final Fantasy.

7. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe so. Never played it.

I still might use it on you. ;)

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, I've never played Final Fantasy either. Huh. Oh well.

9. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    How do you know things hidden from you?

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Because I are the interwebs obviously.

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    wait wait wait.........the interwebs and the internets are the same thing?
    [​IMG]

12. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    Routine flight. Teleportation of troops. Routine super-speed during the fight. Combat precognition to dodge sniper attacks. A jedi detonating a missile at the time when it is fired. A jedi absorbing the energy of a beam fired from a satellite and releasing the energy on a water tank without living beings. A jedi curing an injury to another person. Sith generating a super-virus. Jedi generating an antidote to super-virus. A sith causing a heart attack to a non Force user.

13. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I'd like to see a Jedi beat an egg with telekinesis.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Whatever Jedi powers are used, they shouldn't then just forget about them. I will defend the prequels until the day I die, but I have no idea why Lucas introduced the super speed Jedi running in Episode one only to have it never used again. It seems so out of place in TPM due to it never being seen again.

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If the Force is in balance during the ST, the light side is not actually dominant.

16. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    The light side of the Force is the balanced Force.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The balance is between the light and dark sides, so that makes no sense.

18. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013

That's an invention of some. Lucas has repeatedly said that the light side of the Force is balance and that the dark side is just the imbalance in the Force.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Quote?

A countering example:

"I wanted to have this mythological footing because I was basing the films on the idea that the Force has two sides, the good side, the evil side, and they both need to be there. Most religions are built on that, whether it's called yin and yang, God and the devil—everything is built on the push-pull tension created by two sides of the equation. Right from the very beginning, that was the key issue in Star Wars."

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The problem is that Lucas himself doesn't have a consistent interpretation. On one hand he portrays the Sith like devils and demons and explains Anakins "failing" (like the dark side is bad) and then he talks about yin and yang.

Gotta decide, Lucas. Either you go with yin and yang or heaven and hell. The two ideas are really not compatible on a fundamental level.

purplerain likes this.
  21. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    In an interview, Lucas compared the difference between the light and dark sides as being a symbiotic relationship and a cancer.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

But it is true that this contradicts what appears in an episode of The Clone Wars. Lucas is incoherent.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Nope. Lucas never said that. Fans say that stuff, and then falsely attribute it to Lucas. Balance does not mean all of one thing and none of the other; in fact, "all light and no dark" is as unbalanced as you can get.

Lucas' interpretation is fully consistent. Just because it's bad for a Force user to turn to the dark side doesn't mean that you can have a Force without the dark side.

23. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    Look the above interview.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That's not an interview, it's wikipedia vandalism. It appears to result from a misunderstanding of a certain quote that discussed the interpersonal relationship between the Sith and wasn't even talking about the sides of the Force.
    ( Then again, who knows? It's not like an actual interview or link is provided. ) But even if we were to take the statement at face value it still doesn't say what you want it to say, and hardly qualifies as "repeatedly".

25. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013

I disagree. According to the prophecy, the Chosen One will bring balance to the Force. Anakin / Vader is the Chosen One. Vader is redeemed killing Sidious, leaving SW without darksiders. Then Vader brought balance, it's just light, without dark side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.