main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Force Powers/Representation of the Force Would You Like To See In The ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jan 24, 2014.

?

To What Extent Would You Like To See Force Powers In The ST?

1. I want to see the Force as it was in the films (Mind tricks, telekinesis, etc.)

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. I want to see the Force taken to extremes like that of The Force Unleashed games (Suped-up powers)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I want to see the Force as it is in the EU (Force-cyclones, Force-teleportation, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of all of the above, if possible, so long as it's done right.

52 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. Other. (Maybe, a combo of the above options or another unlisted one. If so, give an example.)

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    You can have "the dark side" without "darksiders". Do you think the Dark Side Cave, that "domain of evil" was promptly "cleansed" the moment Palpatine died?

Not to mention that the galaxy will be full of angry, fearful, aggressive, hateful, etc people. All of these emotions are "the dark side".

2. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013

Okay, but Vader brought balance causing the dark side ceases to be dominant, so the balance is light, but there is still a residue of darkness.

dolphin likes this.
  3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    With what? Lucas either said the things that are attributed to him or he did not. One thing he has never said is "the light side is balance", because that conflicts with his conception of the Force.

It's the balance of the Force, not the balance of the Force-users. The Sith are not the dark side, and thus killing the Sith does not remove the dark side from existence. And of course "just light without dark side" is about as far as you can get from what the term balance is supposed to mean.

If the light and dark sides are in balance neither should be dominant. There's a middle ground between a dominant dark side and a residue of darkness.

4. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    I do not accept that the balance of the Chosen means balance between light and dark, but dominance of light, because light is symbiosis and dark is discord.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    "Balance of the Chosen"? What is that? I'm talking about the balance of the Force.

Says who?

6. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    I always thought that the "dark side" was found naturally in most citizens in the galaxy, what with their selfishness and hatred and other dark side actions. To balance this out, the Jedi need to be above that and go out of their way to be good, and to fight the injustice which others cause. When a Sith actively practices evil, it tips the scales too close to the dark side.

Mizore likes this.
  7. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    The balance brought by the Chosen One.

That was an interview with Lucas. But this is not the topic of this post.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    No interview with Lucas says any such thing.

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    How did the Jedi determine there was an imbalance to the Force and NOT see Palpatine as Sidious? Hmmmm...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Isn't it possible to sense something is wrong but not be sure of the cause? Even with the Force, this still seems feasible.

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i want to see more force speed. also more saber throwing. you can throw the saber, use the force to keep it lit and pull it back like a boomerang. every game has this and vader did it once.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    exactly why I don't want it.

speed was ok though.
    not sure how I feel about stopping lightsaber blades with your hands...

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    As long as that kind of thing only happens in Mortis.

14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So Sidious on TCW demonstrated some awesome new Force power

choking Dooku from ... light years (whatever) away? I don't remember seeing that before. Plus, that whole blood ritual.

Would we want to see that in the ST?

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Vader in ESB?

Lord Megatron likes this.
  16. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    I think there is nearly a 100% chance that Force choke will appear in the ST

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Was the Vader Force choke light years away?

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    No.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Still a good distance away wasn't he?

20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Probably; it's a really big ship.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope someone uses Force-Quit when they cannot seem to stop a program from running on one of the ships. The CTRL/ALT/DELETE is strong in this one...

Skaddix, Pondscum and Dra--- like this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Sure the scale is nowhere near being similar but still counts imo.

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I want to see a Sith Lord or dark sider chanting something in the ancient Sith ("Balc") language, like Sidious was in the episode Sacrifice, allowing him to wield the power of dark illusion:

"Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Jiaasjen Jidai, jiassjen Jidai!"

"Blackest shadow flung spears! Blackest shadow flung spears! Integrating the shadow Jedi, integrating the shadow Jedi!"
    It's like someone speaking the chant of Cthulhu, a sound most horrible to the ears: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I guess. Are we saying that Vader choking someone on his own ship is the same as choking someone from millions of miles away or more?

That seems "nowhere near being similar."

For example, I had no idea Sith could do that.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ryloth... R'lyeh... whatever they call it... "A Long Time Ago" pretty much invites inclusion of The Old Ones.

Iron_lord and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.