main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Force Powers/Representation of the Force Would You Like To See In The ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jan 24, 2014.

?

To What Extent Would You Like To See Force Powers In The ST?

1. I want to see the Force as it was in the films (Mind tricks, telekinesis, etc.)

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. I want to see the Force taken to extremes like that of The Force Unleashed games (Suped-up powers)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I want to see the Force as it is in the EU (Force-cyclones, Force-teleportation, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of all of the above, if possible, so long as it's done right.

52 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. Other. (Maybe, a combo of the above options or another unlisted one. If so, give an example.)

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'd like to see the assembling of a lightsaber. Yeah, I saw it done in TCW and kinda/sorta in the Luke deleted scene, but I want to see it done properly...essentially a live action version of what was in TCW.

Another thing that could be neat would be someone's heart stopping and a Force user saving that character's life by Force (umm) Heart-pumping him/her.

Da'wid Yott likes this.
  2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Also kinda/sorta in TFU.

3. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    Yes, I would like to see more focus on the force, maybe even some "flashbacks" of the earliest training on Tython when someone is reviewing old archives or someone is recounting stories they've heard. I never really thought about Force-healers or other disciplines of the force besides what had been portrayed on screen. I also do NOT want a movie full of "Force special effects" that take over story and characters. I have to trust that JJ will find the right balance of the force....(no pun intended)

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. USMCKoontz

USMCKoontz Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2014
    I picked a mix of them all.. The stronger someone is with the Force, the more they can unleash.I would prefer to see more of the older style, but mix in some powerful force uses with some of the stronger and older Jedi's, Sith, etc...

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Bigger is not better, the same sorts of powers you see in the OT please.

propeller and darklordoftech like this.
  6. Darth_Navarre

Darth_Navarre Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 15, 2014
  7. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    ha ha ha ha good one, but the mods are coming after you.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  8. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
    Rumors are flying about Luke having caused some big force thing causing him to fear himself and go into exile. I would like to see this on screen. Also assembly of a light saber using the force is at the top of my list.
    There has to be ghost's! must have ghosts.

9. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm down to see Luke do some crazy stuff with his mind. Causing an earthquake, leveling a building or something. But it needs to feel grandiose and unusual.

I hope for the most part that the portrayal of force powers is pretty restrained. I don't think they need to be reined in completely. I think everything we saw in the PT should be on the cards, but it should at least feel like it takes some kind of effort to do.

10. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    always wanted to see a saber thrown. Vader did it at the end of jedi but it looked more like he just flung it and didnt control it, like in battlefront.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  11. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Yoda threw his at a Clone while he and Obi-wan were battling clonetroopers when they were trying to get in the Jedi temple in ROTS.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  12. LUH-3417

May 11, 2001
    oh yah i remember that now. and hello from boston

13. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I chose a mixture, as long as I see Luke picking up X-wings like its easy I'm good. I just want to see Luke pull out some bad arse Force manipulations, be it Force Freezing an entire room like Professor X. Or defeating a foe that has a Lightsaber without even moving his hands, on some 'come on son' wave of his hands gesture and his would be assailant is flung aside.

14. LUH-3417

May 11, 2001
    you know, i realize now that seeing the giant stuff gettin 'sploded and falling down really wasnt as impressive as the closeup and personal force use to me, so i'd like to see more of that. throwing stuff, choking bad guys, etc

15. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I want to see Force-healing and lots of telekinesis....Force-healing especially.

I've got this scene in my head where 'Kira' is mortally wounded and Luke heals her. I don't like the idea of someone being brought back from the dead, but bringing back someone from the brink of death would be awesome. Also, anything on a huge scale should leave the Jedi responsible VERY tired. Notice how Yoda took a breather even after levitating the X-wing. Granted, he was 900 years old, but still...

16. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Dusting this thread off because I just rewatched Akira and the abilities of the espers in that film made me realize how much I want new Force powers in the ST. It seems like each film in the OT introduced a new Force trait: ANH had mind tricks and telepathy, ESB gave us premonitions and a bunch of telekinesis, and ROTJ had more acrobatics and Force lightning. The PT didn't add a ton except for maybe Force speed, which we saw maybe once?

I know that there is a storytelling danger in making the Force users too powerful, but I do like the idea of seeing new abilities. I mean the title does imply that the Force has been dormant and will surely awaken in a major way. We've really only seen Sith employ "physical" Force powers (choking, lightning), so I'd love to see a Sith get inside someone's head and abuse those mental abilities by creating illusions or something. And I'm warming up to the idea of flashbacks in Star Wars, as they could be Force-induced memories (I'm just not a big fan of recasting any of the OT characters, unless we don't really see their faces a la young Ra's al Ghul in the flashbacks in The Dark Knight Rises).

17. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    My Choice:

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i liked the force in the eu, much more dynamic then in the films

19. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I am hoping Luke develops some powers so he can be in more than one scene.

Wha?...too soon? :p

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Since Luke is not in this movie, I only expect weak saber and force skills of the untrained guys. Of course no new or advanced force skills, since they are all wannabes.[face_dunno]

21. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I want to see what Jar Jar was referring to when he said "maxi big, the force." In other words, I want to see Maxi Big Force. Though the local pharmacy may have that as well.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  22. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Hopefully all the Force abilities we've already seen will be used again.

More Force Push and Pull though - I'd like to see a Force fight with no lightsabres, or a line Jedi using the Force against a squad of stormtroopers.

I believe LUH-3417 means a throw like in the Jedi Knight?Force Unleashed computer games. I'd like that too and for a Jedi to do a similar move like Yoda's throw.

Not on topic, but I'd like to see a lightsabre used as climbing tool like in the LEGO games (although would that be possible in-universe? would the blade just cut through whatever the Jedi was climbing?

More importantly, I want to see a lightsabre cutting through walls, floors or doors, like in TPM. I can't believe that is the nay time in the movies that that was done. :(

23. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I think it'd be interesting if Luke, and only Luke, mastered the ability to revive...or "cheat death", which would say a lot about his connection to Plagueis and the implication that Plagueis essentially created the Skywalkers.

JediMatteus likes this.
  24. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    Let's mix it up a bit. A new generation of Star Wars is upon us and moving forward. Let's move the abilities and skills forward as well and not just in the EU.

25. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    This 100%. Otherwise it'll just turn into X-Men in space.

LUH-3417 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.