main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What Force Powers/Representation of the Force Would You Like To See In The ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jan 24, 2014.

?

To What Extent Would You Like To See Force Powers In The ST?

1. I want to see the Force as it was in the films (Mind tricks, telekinesis, etc.)

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. I want to see the Force taken to extremes like that of The Force Unleashed games (Suped-up powers)

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I want to see the Force as it is in the EU (Force-cyclones, Force-teleportation, etc.)

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of all of the above, if possible, so long as it's done right.

52 vote(s)
    48.1%
  5. Other. (Maybe, a combo of the above options or another unlisted one. If so, give an example.)

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I don't remember any new abilities in the EU. Zahn gave Luke that memory rewind thing, but it didn't suit in my opinion.

New abilities would be good, but I can't imagine what they could be.

What about Maul? He stayed alive despite being cut in two** - I'd say that qualifies as "cheating death".

Plagueis will not be a part of the ST in any way. I'd be surprised if he was even mentioned in dialogue.

** I wonder if we will get to find out what happened to Maul's legs post-TPM. Did they fare better than the top? I can see the novel or comic book series now - Darth Maul: How the Other Half Lives :D

2. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001

if i could double like this i'd do it. there's really enough mind numbing action movies out there with so much powers and light rasy zinging out of peoples hands it gets silly. in fact, once the plasma balls of light start flying around in any movie my mind starts to shut down. remember luke in rotj, quiet, serious, purposeful, in jabbas palace. he was bad ass there and he didnt have to do much.
    yoda in esb with the music swelling up moving the x-wing did far more than him hoppin around in the PT for me, but then again, it was the first time seeing it. and it was also all practical. the animated yoda effects made it seem cheaper to me in my head.

propeller and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  3. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    They should aim for subtle yet powerful if they want to have escalation in force powers. A good example I think would be Sidious force-choking Dooku half-way across the galaxy and Sidious hitting Yoda with ancient dark arts of illusion in TCW S6. These two things are far more memorable to me than any of TFU over-the-top stuff. In fact, I think I would like to see more illusion/glamour force powers in the future as opposed to brute force.

4. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014

Except when he is revealed as Luke's grandfather, Rey and Ren's great-grandfather...;)

5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

The emoticon heavily suggests that you are joking, but I'm not certain ... :p

6. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I always wondered what this meant. Its still a WTF did he say thing for me. I think George should create and talk in his own language...all the time.

7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Personally, I've always felt, and I think the PT reinforces it, that the moral power is greater than any physical prowess in STAR WARS ethos. Obi-Wan's 'You can't win Darth' speech, Leia's sacrifice and Luke's insistence on death in preference to a life of dark side existence is really the driving force (figuratively) behind the story, especially the OT. The PT is all about the consequences of life lived in the service of one's self. Anakin's dilemma changed the spirit of the story into a pathos, or the tragic quality portrayed through Anakin and his situation. So I hope the story returns, more than anything, to the power of moral judgement and character as the greatest force in the universe.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  8. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Apparently force visions to see into the past.

I love the idea of that. Projecting visions to other individuals is a cool thing to see used in the new movies. I hope it's explained as the force.

9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I understood it to mean "the Force is very powerful"

10. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I know what he meant. :) Was deliberately (and jokingly) taking it literally, ala Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I was actually responding to DarthBane93 but I was too lazy to cut your quote out of the post ;)

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    the memory rewind things is huge. also It was the eu that showed Jedi like Luke bringing up gale force winds and whirlwinds into the picture, that is EU folks, and there was more than that. Electric judgment, a force disguise that fools anyone that sees you, force flashing holocams, elaborate illusions, etc. none of this is in the films. best force powers are in the eu by far.

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    See, a lot of the EU powers would be okay with me if it's something that was always mental, and whether if it's a dark side power or light side ability, any Sith or in a Jedi's case should be able do it too.

I never liked how Aleema Keto was able to creat actual illusions that people could see. How Tott Doneeta had this special Force ability that allowed him to communicate with animals. How Nomi Sunrider could control the outcome of a battle with the so-called Force Meditation. And how she was able to remove the Force ability altogether from Ulic Qel-Droma was just ridiculous. Not to mention, the Emperor's ability to bestow the Dark Side in his adepts was just another example of why the EU felt so detached from GL's vision.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  14. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014

Jacen Solo being able to hide his presence in the force.

Force Healing/Jedi Healers (I don't believe they talk about any of them in any of the movies, but they have in the EU can't remember from where though)

Pretty much anything Galen Marek/Starkiller was doing in TFU and it's sequel.

More force jumping and speed

Didn't Darth Nihilus siphon the life force from people

i'm sure there are other examples in the old EU.

As far as new stuff.......

Maybe something like an advanced version of mind tricks that amount to force illusions

Expand on force lightning and make it an actual bolt

Somebody in an earlier post said something about force fire......expand on it maybe and use force elements (Maybe........... this is Star Wars and not Avatar)

Force teleportation

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Clone Wars: Wild Space, and the Clone Wars Gambit novels (all by the same author - Karen Miller) tend to give the Jedi Healers a bit more time in the spotlight. Also the Medstar duology by Michael Reaves (with Barriss Offee as the healer in this case).

Jedi Knight Fett and B Wilson like this.
  16. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    If they do a new force power or two I prefer that it is a big reveal like the Emperors sith lightning was. It makes the power more special when it is not overused.

17. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Avada Kedavra!

18. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Just what has already been established in the movies. Don't turn it video game-y by making millions of new force powers.

19. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

20. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    - Masking Force Presence
    - Jedi Mind Tricks are always a hoot
    - If Ren has one human arm, he should be allowed to use a weaker version but effective Force Lightning
    - Force Grip/Crush
    - Force Telepathy
    - Force Tapas (Remain warm in a cold environment, like a Buddhist monk that have steam come off them when meditating in the mountains)
    - Force Morichro (The ability to suspend Life support while dealing with failing organs
    - Force Fear/Trance (Hynotize and make the victims hallucinate their dread

21. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    I agree....

....I just want it to expand in some way for both the light and the dark side, or all-together. As we're moving forward in this universe I think force powers have to expand/evolve IMO, albeit, gracefully.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I know people want new things, but I only want to see the known abilities from the films...but in different ways. e.g., Force choke a whole group of people in a room, mind blast a person or persons with excruciating pain until they die, or Force mind control a person or people to do things, such as forcing them to kill others, as well as themselves. And last but not least, Force mind controlling a whole room of people where they lose the ability to think and move, much like how Prof. X did in X-Men.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Telekinesis - "moving objects" is one that can be done lots of ways - if you allow it to move really small things (atoms, molecules, etc) in vast numbers at once.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015

To be fair the balance between light and dark is canon due to Clone Wars

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Force Puke.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.