main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What form of Star Wars Currency or Payment would you accept?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by The Sith Camp, May 19, 2015.

?

What form of Star Wars Currency or Payment would you accept?

1. Republic Credits ... Always will do Fine ... as long as I'm paid :)

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. A Bag of Corusca Gems!

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. A fine batch of Nova Crystals!

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. A chest of the finest Bes'Kar Gam - Mandalorian Iron

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. Spice? Well hopefully not as its a drug ... but Hondo Onakha did want Spice as ransom...

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Krayt Dragon Pearls - particularly Great Krayt Dragon Pearls

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. Druggats ... paid by Big Scary Looking Droid with Red Eyes!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. FOOD! Well Max Rebo did it with Jabba the Hutt in a deal ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Silver ... the finest Silver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Precious Aurodiums...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    What form of currency is negotiated between Obi-Wan and Han?

I always love the way Obi-Wan says "we can give you two thousand now, plus, fifteen when we get to Alderaan".

Revanfan1 and Darth Ukendt like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Slaves are a legitimate form of currency in the Star Wars universe. Just sayin'.

3. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Hahaha - very pragmatic and very down to Earth if I may say :) but an excellent choice - given I'm sure likewise food and books well information can go a long way :) Yet funny enough Max Rebo would probably approve of your choice given Max Rebo being an Ortolan naturally loved to eat ... and as with books eh ... hmm - your comment reminds me of Iron_lord choice and how Darth Bane remarked ' "Information is a commodity. It can be traded, sold, and purchased. And in the end, credits are only as valuable as the secrets they can buy." ...

Haha for my part - I don't really care much for Republic Credits ... I'd prefer a nice bag of the finest and rarest Corusca Gems, a nice handful of Gold or Druggats ... and a nice investment in Bes'Kar Gam :)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  4. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Hence wouldn't a more tangible form of payment be also appealing? I mean surely if Spice or Slaves are somewhat 'illegal' in some Core Worlds ... then another tangible form of payment perhaps being like Druggats or Gold or Nova Crystals? Given the fact its not always you can get Corusca Gems for starters ...

5. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Well if I'm not mistaken - didn't the Rebel Alliance have their own version of the Credit? Perhaps that? I doubt its gonna be like 2 to 15 K worth of Spice, illegal contraband or dangerous Sith Arcane Artifacts or Treasures or for the matter Slaves ...

Hmm - but didn't Padme in TPM remark how she thought slavery was illegal and Shmi Skywalker gave a sad if not sardonic and cynical remark that 'not everybody gives a Force' about laws in the Outer Rim ... and the fact how Watto wanted more than 20K worth of Republic Credits ... and I believe later he had to bet with Qui-Gon Jinn about it or something ... or did he get some Druggats out of it perhaps?

Hmm - isn't slavery abit steep though just like spice? I mean I know both can be used as payment but then again ...

Now that you mention it ... I wonder how much Jabba would have charged Slave Leia to be if he on a whim chose to 'sell' her for the fun of it ...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The Sith Camp, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the edit feature and cease with the double/triple posting. You will not be warned again.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I prefer the Republic or Empire form of Bitcoin. ;)

8. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Bitcoins you say? Hmm - I wonder why is it though many seem to say 'Credits' one way or another will do fine be it bit-coins, notes, coins, chips, bars or ingots ... wouldn't a tangible form of payment do nicely and its nice to have the solid money literally in your hands if you know what I mean? Given surely perhaps a few solid Druggats or Corusca Gems or Silver/Gold or something ... well - Credits be Credits then :)

Not saying or 'Forcing' anyone to take my side or choice but you know how in reality some store and merchants only accept 'cold hard cash' or another form of tangible payment rather than credit, cheques or vouchers or such ...

9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Wupiupi

simply because I can't even pronounce it :p

plus according to Jar Jar's reaction, it's expensive :p

The Sith Camp and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    I see you like a form of the Huttese Currency :) Hehe no wonder Watto refused Republic Credits and wanted well ... for the matter that form of Hutt Currency ... given the fact there were Hutts on Tattooine in the first place and the fact how Qui-Gon Jinn 'suggested' that 'perhaps you'd like to take this matter up with the Hutts?

And given the fact in the Clone Wars the Lost Missions - well cancelled would-be episodes for Season 6 we had one Toydarian when interrogated by Anakin on Utapau he claimed he was 'paid 20 Druggats by Big Scary Looking Droid with RED EYES!' ... 20 Druggats must be quite a bit considering Hutt Currency would be more than just Republic Credits ... I'm pretty sure for starters Druggats and Peggats would be made out of GOLD ...

11. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Republic credits? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Well - would you settle for the other options or something else? That is if it isn't Druggats, Nova Crystals, the finest Corusca Gems, Bes'Kar Gam to name a few ...

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Corsica gems, one will buy an imperial star destroyer, a bag will set you for life...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.