what forum would 'guam' fall under?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Ben_Skywalker, Jul 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    im trying to get my friends to start a Guam FF..
  2. darthcleo Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Guam???

Wow. Now I have to admit my inadequacies...

Refresh my memory, where's Guam again??
  3. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
  4. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    It's north of Antartica.
  6. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :D :D Hey, Sebby, howz it going? haven't seen you in a long time.
  7. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    or Oahu Hawaii FF and Guam FF could be put together as a Pacific Region.
  8. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Hey keo, how are you?

Edit:
    Doh! Misunderstood the post...a Pacific Islands FanForce would be a good idea.
  9. Carrie_The_Fisher Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah its near the philippines and under japan...btw good luck on your further adventures cleo :)

hama, but guam is more america than asia...are these 'regions' categorized by political nature or location? if its political we'd be america..if its location, then we wouldnt be considered asia and hawaii wouldnt belong in the US SouthWest... with mac nuts help, i am asking the administration to create a 'Pacific Region'...it'd consist of all the the pacific island groups excluding australia, NZ, Japan, and HongKong...

i believe im the first person to post on these boards from 'where americas day begins' and whats there to say that others might not come?

thanks for your time :)
  10. Joanzia Former FF Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Ben, how many people there are interested in a Guam FanForce? If there was enough, we may be able to give you your own forum.

We will discuss the issue about which region it would fall in and mac-nut, we will consider your idea as well. :)
  11. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Joanzia, I believe he'll have enough people soon, as I have friends in Guam, too. He just has to have his 3 official meetings. As someone mentored me along to organize our FF here, Ben will have all my assistance in getting his group together, too.
  12. Carrie_The_Fisher Jedi Knight

star 1
    well i do have four friends interested but apparently havent had a chance to setup an account yet..well one of them did but i think he got banned for is improper username :p

and im trying to find out from him whether he's been IP banned or name banned...if its IP i guess he'll have to ask for forgivenss..if name, then he'll probably create a new name...

anyways, ive contacted my other 3 friends and they said they'll check it out...and keokswine(sp? :p ) and mac-nut said they know some people here on guam and said they'll email them if they're interested..

btw thanks mac :)
  13. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Have you set a time/place for a gathering? Set it for 10 days or 2 weeks from now, if you can, like a coffee, or MacDonald's or Pizza Hut thing. I'd like to be able to let my friends know when you'll be meeting so they mark their schedule.
  14. Carrie_The_Fisher Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm..i was thinking more along the lines of a movie but the times for them change every couple of days or so..and none of us can drive yet so i dont know about going out to eat....
  15. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    a movie is fine; but please post the name/address of the theater, the movie, the day/date, and time. Please state how they're supposed to find you/identify you, so they can introduce themselves.
  16. Carrie_The_Fisher Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah i'll have to get back to you on that...i have an idea where the movie might be but again im not sure cause it hasnt come out yet..
  17. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JedimasterEd is our region leader now. Joanzia is at global support. So PM them both regarding the day you're going to be doing this. I suggested something like a food place, could be MacDonald's or Burger King, cause it's a fixxed place to advertise on TFN. You shouldn't need more $$$ than movie ticket prices to have a burger and soda to meet. At your initial meeting, you can then plan on the movie. For your public announcement, you can advertise the burger thing as first meeting with a followup a week later at a movie and suggest a movie; just so it's advertised in TFN. You can select the movie at your first meeting.

I haven't heard from my friends, so they might be on vacation now.
  18. jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    I'm aware of what's going on out there in the Pacific. ;)

May the Force be with You... and all those snakes! :D
  19. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    actually there arent that many snakes out here...okay i'll try it mac..
  20. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    PM/email me when you've set the specifics, and I'll email my friends (clients).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.