main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What game has been most disappointing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Tod, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    For those people that were disappointed in Metal Gear Solid 2 because it was movie-like, did you play Metal Gear Solid? It was the same type format (except without the inferior Raiden). Now, if you want disappointing sequels, I'd have to go with Soul Reaver 2. No boss fights. It was stripped down to story telling (a good story mind you, and a decent game) but not as good as the original.

2. DarthGunray

DarthGunray Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    I'd have to say one really huge disappointment came with Final Fantasy X. I bought it back in late February, played until the middle of March then I gave up on it. It was so boring...

3. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Anyone here remember Star Wars: Rebellion?

Diakatana was total and absolut crap, and Tiberian sun was a big let down.

Oh, ever heard of a totally aimless game called The Sims?

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    The only game that I agree with you on there is Tiberium Sun. The rest are good games.

5. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Despite how much I play DAOC, i say you get disapointed every patchday :p!

but the game is still fun and has a crack like need to log in and play..

6. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Anyone here remember Star Wars: Rebellion?

Well I remember but I never thought it disappointing. I still play it sometimes.

7. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Almost all wrestling games these days are disappointing. WWF Raw and WWF Wrestlemania X8 were disappointing. Nothing has been able to trump the fine Dreamcast offering, Fire Pro Wrestling D.

8. skrutop

skrutop Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Wampas, thank you. Soul Reaver 2 was god-awful, and I absolutely loved Soul Reaver. SR2 was so boring. I went out the day it came out and plowed through it. (Now that I'm thinking about it, that was the same day that I got laid off from my job....screw Accenture!!!). The really strange thing is that it got such great reviews, too. I didn't understand that.

Even the coolest effect ever in the history of games (the sound effects and animation when warping through gates) couldn't save that game. Although I remember the dark reaver being really cool looking. They need to make a black lightsaber with purple highlights like that sword.

9. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I actually liked Rebellion as well, it was boring for some, but it had the galactic feel I was looking for. It was dated before it was released, but it was a very engaging game. I think its time for a 3D version of the game! Add in some ground combat and some new Heroes/Villians and you could have the next Star Wars blockbuster hit. I like Galactic Battlegrounds as well.

As far as Huge dissapointment in gaming, I would have to echo what Jirin had to say. The current gen wrestling games completely suck. Where is the damn theme songs were looking for? Even match types and create a wrestler features have taken a step backwards. I like No Mercy and Fire Pro wrestling as the best wrestling titles of all time!!

10. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I like No Mercy and Fire Pro Wrestling as the best wrestling titles of all time!!

At last, FP makes your list for wrestling games!! I was beginning to think you were AKI "for life". :D

11. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    They both compliment each other, a melding of the two would make a near perfect game. Conversely, I wasnt aware of your Fire Pro fanship....

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Thy memory banks hold many conversations. Such a one took place this past Thursday on Lakewood Court. While I trashed WM X8, I put over Fire Pro D. I was there with Kuda when he bought the game at AX2001. I've been playing it with him consistently since we returned from the AX last year. Man, does it sound like we're bickering?

:cool:

LOL

13. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Nah, not bickering, your just "clarifing" the situation. I forget many of those things that happen in the past. [face_blush]

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Obviously, you do forget. ;)

No biggie, it's all in good fun.

15. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Holy! Cougar was on here?

16. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    FFXIII by far is the most disappointing game of all time. It completely ruined my trust in the FF series and square. Every FF game rocked from 1 through 7 because they relied on gameplay and story line, then in 8 they shifted over to graphics and have sucked ass since then. And now w/ this ffx2 crap w/ Yuna wielding pistols..... I have one question... SQUARE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?!?!

17. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>FFXIII by far is the most disappointing game of all time.<<<

I thought they were only up to FFXI? ;) :p
    Yeah, FFVIII was a real let down. The only people that seemed to like it were those that were new to the series. This game completly turned me off of Square for good. That is unless they make a next gen Bushido Blade of FF Tactics.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

18. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Do not get me started on money-grubbing Squaresoft and their FFX-2 nonsense. Yuna wearing booty shorts and wielding guns? Uhm no.

19. Angel_of_Sith

Angel_of_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2002
    i really like ffviii.

i think it's a great game.

the only problem is, i'm stuck.

20. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I liked FFVIII and I wasn't exactly new to the series (I still remember when FF1 was new). I didn't like the leveling system, but I thought the rest was great.

As for the most disappointing game, I'd have to say that honor goes to Rogue Leader. Heck, I bought a GameCube for that game (although I admit I would have bought a GC anyway). In all honesty, I think RL is one of the worst games ever made. I actually gave it another shot a week or so ago, and I just couldn't believe how awful it was. I can't find a single favorable thing to say about it. And believe me, I wanted (and tried) to love the game. I had to resist the urge to toss it into the garbage where it belonged (again).

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    One game that I heard a lot of bad news about, and wound up liking:

Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles. This game is fun as hell, IMO. Not much of a thinking exercise, but video games AFAIK are not supposed to make you think. :)

Anyway, the most dissapointing game for me was the lack of a good game for Episode II. I'm lousy at simulated flying, so Jedi Starfighter was out for me. And I was seriously pissed when AOTC came out for the frickin' gameboy. It was like they said, "Eh, who cares about a major release, let's just toss it to a system for nine-year-olds."

Hopefully Clone Wars will rekindle my faith in SW games..

22. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Fellowship of the Ring for PC is a bit of a let-down.

:(

23. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty -- Big, BIG letdown. Beautiful eye candy, yes. But the story...ugh! Metaphysical, social commentaries and strategic/action games A GOOD COMBO DO NOT MAKE. :p

Bounty Hunter: I honestly don't know why I bought it after renting it and not finding myself enthused by it. The bounty hunting is an exercise in futility due to its difficulty and lame rewards. The rest is so- so. As third person shooting games go, the best of the best in my book are Max Payne and (well, sorta) Jedi Outcast.

Galactic Battlegrounds: Nowadays you have RTS games like Star Trek Armada, Empire Earth and now Age of Mythology with mind blowing 3D rendered worlds and objects. LucasArts' best effort is basically an Age of Kings Total Conversion with the same crappy 2D graphics. I found it sad and uninspiring, IMHO.

24. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    LucasArts' best effort is basically an Age of Kings Total Conversion with the same crappy 2D graphics. I found it sad and uninspiring, IMHO

yup. FC is way better.

:D

25. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I actually like the LOTR:FOTR PC demo so I bought the game. Haven't played it yet, but I think I'll like it.

Regarding FC. Ugh, can LucasArts make a worse game? I hated the whole system and the camera movement. I would always end up angling the camera up so I could see everything. And maybe it's just me, but I rather liked the way Blizzard did resources. I couldn't stand having to win battles in order to get more resource points. Even if you had a ton of buildings and could possibly still win, if you lost to many battles, you were screwed. And I thought the ending was the absolute worst, yes, even worse then RTCW. Actually, I liked the ending of RTCW :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.