main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA What game (s) are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MisFitToy, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I just bought Star Trek - Elite Force II. If you've played the first one then it's basically more of the same. Since I liked the first one so much I don't think that's a bad thing. :D
    I won't tell you what it's about and spoil anything since it's very much plot driven, like the first one. My ain complaing with the first one is that it didn't take long to get through. I only just started this one so I'm not sure if the same is true yet but from what I've seen it's got everything that made the first one the first decent startrek based PC game.
    Gameplay and interface are pretty much the same. The original gam used the Quake 3 engine for its graphics (remember that Raven then used that as the basis for Jedi Knight II). I think this one may also be based on that but the graphics are very much improved and kept up with other current games. It certainly looks just as good as UT2 in my opinion. The first game had the voices done by the real actors from the show. I'd say it's the same in this one too, because if they're not the regular actors then they're extremely good impersonators.
    Overall, I've liked the first few levels. If anyone's interested I could post some screenshots though you could probably find shots easily enough on the web.

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I just got Vietcong all patched up so im thrashing that game online at the moment

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've picked up Galactic Battlegrounds again, just for the fun of it. There's nothing more enjoyable then smashing the Gungan's over, and over, and over again.

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I just started Elite forces 2..

But when your up against competition like this or this this.. I think its still only going to get played if I have spare time when 'the servers are down' [face_plain]

ps - that 2nd pic.. me having completed missions for an evil jedi that keeps calling me 'whelp' and 'buffoon'.. thats the first bit of praise he ever gives.
    Ohh, I wanna be an Dark Jedi... [face_devil]

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    hahah well being a smelly fricking jawa wont make it happen ;) haha

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm playing The Sims. My sister has the Deluxe version which has

* The Sims
    * The Sims Livin' Large
    * Sims Creator Tool
    * Over 25 exclusive objects
    * Over 50 new clothing choices

I'm not noticing much different from the original Sims. Except there are now 4 neighborhoods, and there are a lot more stupid outfits/heads.

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I could never find enough time in a 'sim day' to do everything.. [face_plain]
    They had to get up at 4am to be ready for work by 8.. make sure there was an hour for breakfast.. etc..

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Thats the problem I had with that game SJ, my sims were getting an average of about 4 hours sleep each night and then they were exhausted.

Damn them to hell.

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    It all depends on the career, since I never had that problem with my Sims.

10. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    That's a pretty involved game but there are some very good FAQs that can help you get the most out of it. It's definately best with all of the expansion packs.

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Mmm JK3 website has been updated.. 17th of sept release date I think... (had a look thismorning, cant be bothered atm)

12. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Medal of Honour and Medal of Honour: Underground on Playstation (PSX).

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I was perusing the web/chat/etc today and fresh off the rumour mill is that Half Life 2 will go gold this week... if true, the game will be on US shelves within 2 weeks... Hopefully, not long after that.. on our shelves :D

Still, just what I heard being talked about.. No idea if this information is correct..

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've asked people from a few different shops and got a different answer from each one (including "what 2?"). Most of them seem to think it will be November or according to one - around christmas time. Earlier would suit me fine. That game's going to kick butt!

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    While you wait, go out and get Jk3.. its not bad... (came out today)

16. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    And while you are at it, pick up Homeworld 2, which is also out now. Both this and JK3 are well worth the purchase.

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    PC Halo goes gold
    News

Microsoft, Bungie, and Gearbox announce that the PC version of Halo is finished and will arrive in stores later this month.

Microsoft Game Studios, Bungie Studios, and Gearbox Software have today announced that the PC version of Halo has gone gold and will be available in stores from September 30. The game, which has been developed by Gearbox Software in conjunction with Bungie Studios, improves upon the Xbox original through the introduction of numerous additional features.

And all the games come out as once.. (got this the other day) [face_plain]

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Dammit.. JK3 is just not big enough.. Just finished it as EVVVVILLLLLL.. ;)
    (Will probably load the choice and start from there to finish as good)..

Anyone else think the game lacks a certain polish? (cutscene animation.. Not the pre-rendered stuff that all looks great.. Im talking about character animations, walking etc)
    And luke.. I think he needs a make-over.. Those eyes look like he havent slept in years.. (emperor looking bulges almost)

I think it could also have used a few more levels/objectives to after the choice..
    Wont give away the story for anyone whos still playin...

19. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'll be writing a full review on tfn shortly, but so far I'm enjoying it. There are a few elements that hamper the game (as you mentioned), but I think the updated lightsabre combat, new multiplayer options and the big mod community gets it over the line.

It will be interesting to see how Halo comes out. Let's hope Bungie get it just right, so I can finally use the sniper rifle properly with the mouse :)

Oh, and Homeworld 2 kicks some serious booty. It's a must buy.

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Halo finally comes out on PC. yawn
    A huge deal is made out of Halo but I can think of several games which have been on the PC for ages that I'd rather play. Really I think Halo's going to look pretty dated on PC now that the sequel is about to come out on X-box and Halflife 2's going to make both of them look crap anyway.
    Just one of many reasons why I'll take a PC over a console any day.

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Halo is pretty fun.. But I'd have to agree with you, it does seem dated. But, the one thing going for it is the multiplayer capabilities..

But then again, not everyone likes multiplayer...

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Multiplay has never been a big issue with me. I don't mind the odd multiplayer game but multiplayer capabilities is never a big selling point for me.

23. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Multi-player options are good for me since me and my friends have about 2 LAN's every month and catch up.

24. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I wonder how much easier a PC multiplayer version of Halo would have been for the redvsblue guys with regards to linking gear together?

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Just purchased Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for Game Boy Advance, and so far I'm impressed. Don't expect a full on FF game, but more along the lines of Ogre Battle, Advance Wars, and of course Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX.

Oh, and in case you don't know yet, Nokia has released the N-Gage, and Xbox has release Xbox Live! to the masses. Both retail for fair enough prices, although for Live you'll need broadband.

I think I'll wait for the PSP next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.