main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What games did you play when you were a kid? Do you still play them?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AstroDroid88, Mar 25, 2016.

1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    So, what games did you guys play back when you were a kid? Do you still dust them off every now and then and secretly get them out to play with them again? I confess that I still do it, no shame at all. Some of them are classics that are too good to pass up. My siblings & I liked to play the Tycoon games like Roller Coaster & Zoo. We mainly played RC 1 & 2, all the others failed in comparison to those. I love that they are on Steam now so I don't have to go through my closet to find them. I have played others like the first Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo, those I've spent countless hours on. One RTS game that we loved was Empire Earth. It would start in the prehistoric age and then go all the way to futuristic with robots and cool stuff like that. We had a blast and still do!

What games do you guys still like to play? Post a pic of the game if you like!

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I grew up on the original NES. I loved the usual staples of that system: Mario, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, etc. Thanks to emulators, I can fire them up on my laptop whenever I like. It's great to have something so familiar when I need a break from the more intense games of today.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I was a full 80s child. My first game platform was a Texas Instruments computer. Than my folks got my brother and I an Intellivision. Played that through the end of the 80s when the Sega Genesis came out.

Jhawk117 likes this.
  4. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I grew up with all the Nintendo home consoles. I no longer play any of the games I played in my childhood, although I have replayed some of them previously.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i played Kicker and Legend of Kaji. My cousin Mark recently opened a clasic arcade, and i got to play both again.

6. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    When I was a kid, my parents would not buy me any gaming consoles so all of the games I played were either played on the computer my Uncle made for my birthday or on my Gameboy Advanced. I mostly played Pokemon Yellow, X-COM, Age of Empires, Planescape Torment and Fallout. While the original CDs have long since been lost, thanks to GoG, I can and do play these old games all the time. I find that they have held up well to the test of time and I actually play them far more often than most modern games I have tried.

7. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I played the heck out of Lego: Racers and Age of Empires II. Oh! and MechWarrior 3 and 4.

I'm sure there were more, but not many as influential as those two. I was one of the rare cases where my parents wouldn't buy me any sort of gaming platform so I was stuck with the ol' cream-colored brick of a PC that we had.

There were a lot of Star Wars games as well, but I've mentioned those enough in these forums.

8. TheSlave_1

TheSlave_1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2016
    Game boy was my gaming device whenever I was growing up. I used to play metroid: zero mission, Pokemon red, and a ton of super Mario games. Then I upgraded to the PSP and main games are battlefront 2, Lego batman, Star Wars, Indiana jones, and The Force unleashed. I dusted off my game boy and ran through Metroid again last year, and I almost always bring my PSP whenever going on flights and I just play on it for most of flight. Now I'm on the Xbox one :D.

9. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
    fond memories of playing the pokemon gameboy games (i had blue and yellow). i had a neighbor friend who had red, so we could trade
    i never tried any of the others that followed, except for dabbling with a few roms that never led anywhere.
    i just recently picked up a factory refurb 3ds xl and downloaded pokemon blue. crazy it's celebrating its 20th anniversary this year...feeling old

big zelda fan. earliest memories are from playing zelda ii with my cousin on my uncle's nintendo at my grandparents' house. talk about frustrating! he also had a super nintendo that we were occasionally allowed to play - enter link to the past. what a masterpiece! link's awakening on the gameboy was fantastic as well. i still play a lot of zelda games on the wii virtual console. will probably be grabbing some on the 3ds soon too

the nintendo 64 was the first console i ever owned. had to save up and buy it myself as my parents frowned on video games. that was a great day when i waved the bills in front of their faces and made them drive me to the store :D. so with that came goldeneye, perfect dark, ocarina of time, majora's mask, super smash bros., mario kart, nfl blitz, wayne gretzky hockey...etc. i do occasionally revisit a few of these, mostly via roms.

pc gaming came later in life, but my first real fps was jedi knight ii: dark forces. so many memories. at the time it terrified me and was a huge challenge. i was quite proud when i finally beat it. i have it on steam for nostalgia trips. it's pretty hilarious how quickly i can speed run through those levels now...

other old favorites i still revisit are x-wing vs. tie fighter, diablo ii, and age of empires ii

Steam and GoG have become really great resources for keeping the classics alive

10. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, KOTOR. Yes, I do still play them.

11. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    This is pretty much my story too, though I've literally never ever played a single Zelda game. I don't know why or how I managed to completely avoid it. Weird given how massive Zelda is. :) I miss Blades of Steel!
    There's also a couple of games I played on C-64 that I sometimes still feel like playing. Spy vs Spy was fantastic, and Ghosts 'n Goblins I liked too. I don't really do emulators these days anymore, so mostly it's just craving for some old game that I try to work through.