main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends What Goes Up Mace Come Down (Pre-JA short story. Dooku,Qui,Mace, OCs) Updated 8/31/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: What Goes Up Mace Come Down

Author(s): Layren and Durhelediel

Timeframe: PreJA

Characters: Dooku, Qui, OC's

Summary: Qui-Gon and Kyran attempt to help Mace Windu get over his fear of heights in a rather unusual fashion.

Chapter One

Fourteen?year-old Qui-Gon gulped a little as he looked down from atop of the Jedi Council chamber roof. The view from the top was absolutely breathtaking. Literally. He frowned realizing part of the source of his annoyance was right next to him. His friend, 13-year-old Mace Windu, was whimpering. "Would you shut up shiny boy? It is not that bad. See, the view's beautiful!?

Mace briefly glanced up from where he had buried his head in his hands to block the view. He caught enough of the long distance to the ground before his heart leaped within his chest and he quickly covered his eyes again. "Wonderful," he muttered. "Can you hurry up and tell me what it is that you wanted us to come up here for?" He risked a glance at twenty-year-old Kyran Josel, who seemed to be having no difficulties with the distance to the ground.

"So we can help you get over your fear of heights of course. We're just trying to be a little more creative than the soul healers would be. Relax, nothing will go wrong. I've got an air taxi waiting to pick us up when we're done." Kyran said as he leaned over the side admiring the view.

Mace would have crawled to the transport that got them up here so he could escape, but he didn?t know where it was--they had blindfolded him. "Go suck a guut egg," he mumbled.

"Sure. " Qui said cheerfully. "Problem with that genius. The cafeteria's that way," he as he shoved Mace off the spire.

Mace screamed, sounding ironically like a girl, as he dropped down off of the spire. Frantically, he focused into the Force and managed to grab on to the roof's edge. He locked his fingers tightly. "Why did you do that?!" He yelled up at his two friends. "Come help me!"

"Why are you stuck? It wasn't that bad, Mace! But if you're going to be such a wimp hang on just a minute and I'll be right down." Qui-Gon said grinning at his friend Kyran. He made sure his rope was tight and then leapt off the edge.

Mace's eyes widened as his friend sailed right past him out of his line of sight. The rope near him tightened, and then swung inward. Suddenly, he heard breaking glass and he winced. Kyran's eyes grew round. "What happened?" Kyran called down. Mace tried to pull his body up onto the roof, but soon gave up. Finally, he said, "I think he crashed into the Council room." Kyran closed his eyes and groaned. "Help me?" Mace pleaded. Kyran sighed and used the Force to help his friend back up to the roof. "Now let's get down here before someone catches us. Qui will need us for support once the Council gets through with him."

Qui-Gon groaned as slammed into something solid and he lay still for a few minutes assessing the damage. He had numerous cuts all over him from where he'd slammed into the glass window. He panted trying to regain the air that had been knocked from his lungs. With a huge amount of effort he concentrated and used the Force to undo the cord from around his waist. He slowly sat up and his face went from red to green faster than a set of neon lights on Coruscant's underground seeing that he'd just plowed into his own master in the Jedi Council chambers.

Master Yan Dooku's face was beet red as he gazed at his disheveled Padawan. In a very low, very dangerous voice, Dooku started, "Padawan." His voice failed him and he stood up brushing off his pants and trying not to look at any of the Masters.

In a very high pitched voice most unlike his own Qui-Gon replied, "Thanks for breaking my fall, Master."

Dooku's eyes widened so much that it seemed as if his eyes would pop out of his head. In a tightly controlled voice he said, "I trust you have a very good explanation for swinging yourself into the Council chambers?"

"We were just trying to help Mace get over his fear of heights. But he

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe (sorry Master, I forgot something I was supposed to look at before going to bed - 'tis why I'm still online ;) hehehe)

Great to see this one here!! Hehehe I sooo loved this one *snrk* Qui missed his mark! But had a Master (his own at that!!) to cushion his fall! hehehe

Poor Mace... ;)

*Snrk* loved the sedatives part hehehe Poor Dooku!

Grea work! Loved this one immensely when I first read it a while back, and still loving it rereading it here! :D

(And yes Master, I'm going to bed now. ;) hehehe)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! I would respond more fully, but right now I have to wrangle a hyped up five year old and put him to bed. Then I plan to collapse myself.

Very nice! Loved it. I tend to repeat myself when I'm tired.

4. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Still as funny as when we wrote it

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Qui-Gon's in trouble, Qui-Gon's in trouble!!!! LOL. At least, he didn't fall off the tower! Very cute. Looking forward to more!

6. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    [face_laugh] Ohmy God! This is so funny! :D

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar Glad you enjoyed it padawan! Hehe. We had a good time working on this indeed :)

VaderLVR Heheh being tired can do funny things to one's brain ;) I hope you got some sleep! Good luck with the kiddo!

Durhelediel Yep I was giggling at this next part as I posted it ;)

Dianethx Oh yes Qui-Gon is in BIG trouble ;)

Leia_Naberrie Thanks! I'm glad you like it! here's more for your enjoyment!

Chapter Two

Qui-Gon grumbled as he dangled his feet in the exam room. He hated the Healers Wing. He hoped his master wouldn't make him stay here of all places, he thought as he crossed his arms over his chest and sulked.

Dooku slowly walked into the room that Qui-Gon had been taken to. His padawan was sitting on a high table, swinging his bandaged feet impatiently. The other cuts had been bandaged and cared for as well, giving him an appearance of a mummy. "Well," he began, surprising both himself and Qui-Gon with how calm he was. "Han'yaie says that you are to be kept off of your feet for a few days so they can heal."

"What?" Qui-Gon couldn't believe what he was hearing. "But I can't do that I have training to do!"

Dooku fixed him with a deadly stare. In a very quiet tone, he said, "You are on probation, with or without being on your feet. Your training is on hold for now until you can show me that you can behave for a month. No visitors. No fun. Only work. Lots and lots of work."

Qui-Gon's mouth fell open. "A month! But Master that?s not fair!"

Dooku glared at him again, daring him to voice any more protest.

"But what about my classes? " he whined. "Can't I at least go to class? I'll be so far behind."

"No class," Dooku said sternly. "Your teachers will come here every afternoon to drop off your lessons and answer any questions you may have. Other than that you are to do nothing unless you have my specific permission otherwise. Is that understood?"

Qui-Gon grumbled furiously. He couldn't stand the idea of being stuck in his room for a month. "Please Master can't I just clean up in the crèche or something? I?ll do the dishes for a month. Please don?t leave me locked in there for a month."

"Padawan!? Dooku snapped.

Qui-Gon immediately fell silent not daring to say a word having never heard his master quite like that before.

Dooku struggled for a moment to regain control over his emotions. When he thought that he was calm enough to speak, he resumed. "I want to hear very little out of you for the next month, Qui-Gon Jinn. Padawans are supposed to obey their masters--all the others do. You are the only one who seems to enjoy trying to get his master kicked out of the Order, but if you say one more thing." His jaw flexed. He knew he was on the verge of losing control and Qui-Gon was not making it easy to stay calm.

Qui-Gon flinched at that remark as if his master had slapped him. He never had thought about the idea that his actions might get his master kicked out. Deeply embarrassed and ashamed he stared at his bandaged feet unable to face his master. Dooku's words had cut him to the core. "Yes Master." He mumbled quietly.

Pleasantly surprised by his padawan's meekness, Dooku blinked and smiled a little. "Now, let's get you a transport out of here and back to our chambers." He left to go find Han'yaie and a hoversled.

Qui-Gon didn't say a word. He merely nodded tears in the corner of his eyes. Why hadn't he thought about how it would reflect on his master before now? What if he got his master expelled? His stomach churned at the thought. He would never forgive himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyran Josel tugged on Mace Windu's sleeve. "The coast is clear. Master Dooku has left to go get lunch. Let's go." For the past two days Kyran had been spying on when Dooku came and left the rooms that the Master and padawan shared so that he could try to speak with Qui-Gon. Master Han'yaie told him that his friend was healing well, but still was not allowed to walk anywhere. He knew that Qui-Gon had to

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :oops: Blimey! I totally forgot about this chapter! Well I didn't really but I forgot that Dooku hit Qui... well forgive my lil mixup in the beginning of that fic I did for you, Master. ;) I said that was the first time Dooku had hit him.. oh well ;) hehehe guess the lil mixup is alright if it's alright with you? I only ask cuz since you're gonna allow me to use Kyran and your Master Healer ;)

I soooo loved this chapter too! Cuz Qui was actually innocent in that tidbit of Mace and Kyran being in his room. *Snrk* hehehehe Mace being the techno boy! hehehehe I can see that, yep!

Great chappie!!! :D

Poor Dooku... [:D] I'll comfort him! [face_mischief] Hrmmm gotta stop those PG-13+ thoughts trying to sneak in me head! Evil!

I'll let my Master comfort young Qui hehehehehehehe

9. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    HAHA! I forgot that we made Mace the lockpick of the trio.

And I still must say that this is my fav line of the fic:
    Kyran closed his eyes. Maybe, if he didn't look, Dooku wouldn't be there.

Fat chance!! lol

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, the punishment fit the crime. If Qui-Gon continues to not listen to Dooku, then time out is needed. However, Dooku should have listened to Qui-Gon before hitting him. I can see that he was at the end of his rope but a Jedi should have more control...

Loved that mace was the lockpick!

Good job

11. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    I just read this and I have to say...I LOVED IT!

"Then what in the name of the Sith were your friends doing over here!" Dooku yelled.

Qui-Gon gulped. "Master.. I .. "He stammered out but the rest of his sentence was lost as he looked at Dooku's face.

Dooku took a long step toward him, leaving bare inches separating the two. He leaned down and narrowed his eyes. Anger burned within him. "Any back talk now, Padawan, could mean serious,SERIOUS trouble," he warned.

"I'm not back talking." he answered, biting his lip. "Kyran and Mace hit the override some how on your lock code. I have no idea how. Please master I swear." He said in a rush as he backed up a few inches and felt wall discovering he had nowhere else to go. He swallowed hard.

Oh, that is a horrible feeling. Poor Qui!

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    hmmm, very bipolar Dooku. I'm scared for Quiggy!

13. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    heehee I like writing the darker side of Dooku. I think it shows more of why he went against the Jedi Council later. Just my humble opinion though lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.