main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Happen to the Serious Fan Films???

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DanichoDegan, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RooHo

RooHo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2006
    Hmmm? what?s going to happened and what?s everyone going to do when that ?serious? fan film finally appears? Is everyone just going to stop complaining and say well someone finally did it, now I can die happy;-) Just a thought:)

2. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Okay, for that one, yeah . . . . call me. :D

3. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, I hope it's quite the reverse. I'm hoping someone will look at a serious fan film and go, "Whoa...a fan made this. Not a studio, not George Lucas...just some schlub in a dirty t-shirt. And, wow...talk about a fan film! THIS is what a fan film could be, above and beyond an excuse to get into a fight! I want to do that! I want to do that!"

It's my fond hope that the "me too, me too!" factor will be high. I'm not holding my breath, but that's my hope.

4. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Throw in a space battle--even if only in the background, as set dressing--and I'll be a happy camper. :)

5. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Probably nothing. I mean, everyone has their own definition of "serious" film, from a long drawn out lightsaber battle, with a story, to smugglers, blasters and explosions.
    Kind of like how my friends and I felt after watching Essence of the Force and RvD (The Original) because there is that feeling of, "Wow! That looks cool, and fans did make it. Now, can I do it?"
    Of course the question comes down to a bit of a narcissistic statement of, "They can do it and I do it, and probably better." At least, that was my own attitude at times. Trying to make a couple of films has made me realize how difficult actually film making is as a job.
    I still think demonstrating other factors of film making, like story, like stunt work, character building, costuming, props could aid the community to grow. All of those are aspects of fan films. I mean, I saw a thread where someone repainted Nerf guns for props. What about the effects of a blaster fight? We talk about lightsaber blades, so I think blaster fights would be nice to learn as well.
    Personally, I think if you want to see more serious fan films, then the basic tools need to demonstrated as well, from effects to stunts.

6. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    That'd be interesting, and something I could prolly do by compositing my old toys even. The way I envision it, they'll be so far away, you won't be able to see much except slight silhouettes and explosions. Maybe a nearby explosion could throw off the characters... hmmm. It'd probably be an atmosphere battle like the Rogue Squadron games or some of the X-Wing novels.

I could do the fight anywhere, even a forest, and have that happening in the distance. I'll have to put that on the idea list.
    Just don't get too hyped yet. Gonna be a while.

-Vaportrail

7. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    I've done my goofing around with parody and docu, but I'm stepping up with a SERIES of serious films about Star Wars. Haven't settled on a title yet, but there's a lot of dramatic tales to be told about that particular universe.
    Stay tuned.
    JJ

8. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    And THAT is why we have 5,000,000,000+ videos of people waving glowing sticks at each other in the woods. :D

9. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I think that's kinda her point. RG assumes that those 5,000,000,000+ people aren't inspired/thoughtful/intelligent enough to come up with something beyond their saber duel videos.

10. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    o_O

[ferris/] That hurts Cameron.

11. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I provided all three possibilities because I am never too sure which one is the most accurate.

12. DMZFETT

DMZFETT Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2007
    I lost a good friend 2 month to Cancer.. DMZBADGER died.. it wuz a hard fight and he gave it his all, But from what i hear he is in a better place. His movie wuz his life, his dreem, so a hand full of his good friends will Complete it for him.. DMZBADGER " Jerry M " RIP Brother.

13. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. His film looked promising. I think it's great the friends will complete it for him. RIP DMZBADGER@};-

14. TheMcguffin

TheMcguffin Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Sorry to up this thread after a few months, but I had no idea that DMZBADGER had died. I was actually wondering why I hadn't heard from him in a while and stumbled across this. A terrible shame. I'm glad to hear his project will be finished, though. It should be a nice tribute to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.