main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happend to Yoda's wife?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by midthomp, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    Did Yoda's wife die after TPM? I did not see her in ATOC.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm assuming that you're talking abut Yaddle. She wasn't Yoda's wife. They were only members of the same species.

Anyways, sometime between TPM and AOTC, Yaddle died in the Expanded Universe.

3. midthomp

Jul 30, 2003
    Thats right Yaddle, I just assumed they were married, oopps ya Jedi can't marry

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Seven years after the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle led a mission to the planet Mawan, with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker assisting her. Their mission was to negotiate the establishment of a new government there, following a decade of civil war. Unknown to the Jedi, however, was the fact that the most powerful crimelord on Mawan was actually Granta Omega. In the guise of Striker, Omega hoped to lure a member of the Jedi Council to Mawan and kill them, in an effort to impress the Sith Lord he believed to be gathering power in the galaxy. Omega captured Anakin and held him hostage, demanding a meeting with Yaddle. She agreed, and discovered that Omega was planning to unleash an explosive filled with dihexalon gas. Rather than allow the weapon to be exploded in the city of Naatan, Yaddle drew the weapon to herself and wrapped it in a cocoon with the Force. The weapon imploded, rather then exploded, as Yaddle drew the dihexalon into herself. The deadly toxin took its toll, however, and Yaddle was killed instantly.

5. SSD_Lusyanka

SSD_Lusyanka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2003
    Wasn't Yaddle his sister?

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    His 400 yr old younger sister? No.

They were just the same species, that's it.

7. Kirr_Canos

Kirr_Canos Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2003
    Too bad we did't see her fight in the arena. She might have been a good fighter.

2 lilttle fighters in one movie.

8. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Too bad we did't see her fight in the arena.

If Yodas anything to go by, that would have been to much to take [face_laugh]

BTW, I loved the Yoda/Dooku fight :D

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Come on, they killed her off after they figured out that her character was a bad idea.

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    To see Yaddle fight would take the surprise out of the Yoda/Dooku duel for me.

11. PyrhanaJEDI

PyrhanaJEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2003
    Yaddle wouldn't be able to make the same moves that Yoda makes. We see why Yoda is the Master in AOTC.
    It was great to see Yoda is not the only member of his species in the SW universe. For all we know there might be more females of his species, but they probably won't be his wife. Yaddle is one of the kind Jedi faces who goes to her fate in the PT. Many other Jedi will be only seen and then just dissappear by the end of the PT. All of the Jedi die, except for Yoda and Ben Kenobi, we will have to believe that all others died, and that they will never return again.

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    This discussion reminds me so much of the one about the Dug in Dex's Diner.

Why is it that when there is another memeber of the same SPECIES in the Star Wars GALAXY that people think they're either the same person or related?

13. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah I saw no point of Yaddle. There wasn't much of her and like someone said, they killed her off realizing how bad she was of a character. :p

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah but they replaced her with Shaak Ti, who isn't that great either.

15. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Saying Yaddle's character is pointless is no different than saying someone like Plo Koon or Kit Fisto or Yareal Poof's character was pointless. She's a background character, not pointless. Are human background chracters pointless because there are other humans? Or a rodian in Jabba's palace pointless because we saw Greedo?

16. midthomp

Jul 30, 2003
    isn't there another jedi that looks kind of like yoda mixed with a human?

17. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
  18. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Shaak Ti is far better then Yaddle. She's awesome.

19. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    You cant honestly say that if you havent even seen Yaddle fight at all,you can only compare Shaak Ti and Yaddle in combat terms if you have seen them both fight, and being young for her species she would probably be good at fighting and be able to easily execute the same moves Yoda does just with far less skill.

20. JBRO13

JBRO13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2003
    It may be the lamest looking costume/character ever.

21. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    "Too many questions, did Yaddle ask." -- Yoda.

tf Post Fast, Logoff Young

22. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Anyway, from what I understood, a position in the Jedi Counsel was only temporary (with the exections of Master Yoda, Master Windu and Ki-Mundi-Adi (sp?)). (SWI Visual Dictionary). So even if someone doesn't want to believe that she's been killed already, she could have been rotated out and is doing other important assigments.

23. JeDiMi423

JeDiMi423 Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2003
    Skaak Ti is great

shes one of my favorite jedi

and my favorite youngling is a togruta also

24. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Yaddle wasn't Yoda's wife, but I did spread the rumour to a lot of people in high school. People believed everything I told them about Star Wars.

25. CleanUpTheseTreats

CleanUpTheseTreats Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    I bet yodas wife was hawt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.