main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to alien Republic officers after the formation of the empire?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by johnthejedi24, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    In the clone wars and before that we see in Republic service many different species of aliens, Bothans, Barabel, Duros, Rodians....etc. With the widespread speciesm of the Empire evident in many works of Star Wars fiction I am wondering what would happen to these people?

I am sure there are many officers of major rank and up who are aliens and who served in the GAR and the Navy, not to mention intellignece and rear echelon duties. Just to send all of these people packing would be a major loss of prime leadership material. What I think happened is for the first couple of years they were kept in the service and than quietly given honerable discharges or sent to no-where back-water worlds. This theory goes hand in hand with the qoute from Biggs Darklighter when he states that the first couple of years of the empire was not that bad at all.

What do you think happened?

2. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I would say that the Emporer is no fool. When he saw talent (Thrawn for example) he was more than willing to put aside his human-bias. If the Alien in question was just another cog in the wheel, replaceable by anyone, he probably slowly replaced them (Maybe some "Accidental" Death's to speed up the process.)

Carnage

3. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    The were all sent to Alderaan.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Phased out through retirement, getting sent to the frontlines to die, assignments in the middle of nowhere, etc, I would expect.

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    quite possibly many non-humans saw the writing on the wall - promotions weren't going to be coming, assignments would be menial, they'd always be viewed under suspicion or even face greater hostility or encouraged to find other job opportunities, and so many took the hint and packed it up. quite possibly some humans who felt that the empire was throwing away some of its best people might have opted to leave the empire's service.

6. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    In the clone wars and before that we see in Republic service many different species of aliens, Bothans, Barabel, Duros, Rodians....etc.

No Barabel. They weren't discovered until fairly well into the rise of the Empire.

But, otherwise, yeah, I agree with everyone else in the thread. Slowly pushed out, at first subtly, then more blatantly over time, with only a handful of truly exceptional officers staying in.

7. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Wait, wait... what? How did the Barabel get their deep respect for the Jedi, then?

8. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Random Jedi crash-landing some time during the OR and solving a bunch of local problems, I think.

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Emperor picked up mostly human officers. That is shown in OT. Aliens probably assumed that in the new system the wouldn't get far (someone mentioned promotions), so they probably went into some other services; to theit homeplanets, trade ships...

10. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Well...Solomahal was spending his days in the cantina getting drunk...

11. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Some of the more talented and loyal ones might have been shunted off to the Deep Core or the Unknown Regions.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Don't forget the females. I think Star Wars was made in an era where woman were subclassed to men, fired from jobs when pregnant. Created in a country and world of women inequality, SW's manufacturers incorporated those elements.

A monarch's bias? Pah, I say. It was you.

13. james_hewlett

james_hewlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    I'd say a fair few of them would have all suffered "speeder accidents" and "heart attacks"

14. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    There was a brief epidemic of spontaneous combustion throughout the recently reorganized Imperial Starfleet.

Coincidentally, the Emperor was on holiday at the time. But he still looked exhausted when he came back to Coruscant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.