main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Barriss Offee?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JediGirl9, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGirl9

JediGirl9 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2005
    I think Barriss Offee was the coolest female Jedi of the whole saga and it's a shame we only got a brief glimps of her in action in AOTC. But I was wondering what ever happened to her? At the outbreak of the battle in the execution area we see her light her saber to fight but by the time the small number of surviving Jedi have been encicled by the battle droids just before Yoda arrives, I no longer saw her amongst them, only her master Luminara Unduli. I wondered therefore if she was maybe killed by a battle droid, but at Star Wars.com it says she went on to fight in the clone wars and was even stationed on the planet Felicia when Luminara Unduli was killed during Order 66 on Kashyyyk. Her death is not mentioned anywhere. It would be so cool if she somehow survived the purge and appears in the TV series! Does anyone know anything more about her fate?

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    She is featured in the Clone Wars cartoon with Luminara on the planet Ilum, where she was building a lightsaber before being attacked by mining droids.

She was also in the Medstar Duology novels (often descrbed as "MASH in the GFFA". These books were very enjoyable.

Finally, she is in "Reversal of Fortune", a Hyperspace webstrip. Now a Knight, she goes with Aayla Secura to Felucia. Barriss was killed when Order 66 was executed. Her death was shown in this webstrip. Though how, exactly, I can't remember.

3. JediGirl9

JediGirl9 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2005
    ..............okay. Sad to find that out. Thanks Jedi Master Guff for all the info though!

4. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    She was killed by clones executing Order 66.

5. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Strangely, she seems to have 2 deaths.
    From the Screenplay:
    136 EXT. KASHYYYK-EDGE OF VILIAGE-DAY

The battle appears to be over. WOOKIEES stack destroyed Droids while CLONES assess the damage to their equipment. A Jedi, LUMINARA UNDULI, talks with EIGHT CLONE OFFICERS standing in a circle around her. Suddenly they reveal their hidden pistols and blast her before she can react.

And, from the webstrip, she is shot in the back by an AT-TE.
    :confused:

6. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Luminara was standing in a group, who pulled their weapons and shot her at point blank. Barriss Offee was vaporized when the front turrets of an AT-TE blasted her during Order 66.

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Luminara and Barriss are different people.

Luminara was killed on Kashyyyk, as shown in the ROTS comic adaption. Luminara is not in the RoF webstrip.

Barriss was killed on Felucia, as seen in RoF.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    She was gunned down by an AT-TE on Felucia. I think there is a picture of it in the ROTS Graphic Novel.

9. JediGirl9

JediGirl9 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2005
    Good grief, what a way to die, being blasted by an AT-AT.............! Poor Barriss..............

Is there anyone who can post a link to this Hyperspace webstrip? It a shame that practically ALL the Jedi were knocked off with Oder 66..................

10. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
  11. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I've seen two different, though similar comic illustrations showing her being killed. One is on Felucia in the webstrip "Reversal of Fortune", in a section on www.starwars.com. It looks like the clones fire from in front of her. You would normally have to pay to access that part of the website, but they are having 7 day trials right now, so maybe check it out.

Her death is also seen in the ROTS graphic novel, where she is killing a pair of droids, and a Clone walker fires on her from behind. If you want this, you can pick it up at any large bookstore that stocks up to date material.

However, IMO, and IMO only though, I would consider the ROTS comic more canon than the webstrip, unless something official has been said otherwise.

I've heard a read a couple of posts on the forums here, though nothing official, that Barriss's death scene may be edited into the ROTS DVD using CGI and stock footage from AOTC. I have not seen anything official on this however, and nothing may come of it.

12. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    D'oh!:oops:

13. DARTH_RAMA

DARTH_RAMA Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Who knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.