main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Cliegg Lars?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by mynameismyown, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    oh he died, that's what old peole do!

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    [image=http://www.swgalaxy.ru/encyclopedy/heroes/images/cliegg_lars.jpg]

"I'm dead son. Just accept it."

3. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    gob1 holy snikeys I almost pissed my pants laughing at that![face_laugh]

4. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    The batteries on his hover chair ran out when he was out one day, picking mushrooms that grow on the vaporators in memory of his dead wife.

He starved to death in the desert, trying to crawl back to the homestead....

-JR :)

5. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Greedo came to visit Cliegg about some outstanding gambling debts payments. Cliegg shot first but missed.

He was destroyed... by the Empire.

On his way back into the house, he accidentally pressed the accelerator on his hoverchair and flew into that giant courtyard pit the Lars have.

Owen: YOU'VE TURNED BERU AGAINST ME!
    Cliegg: Your greed and lust for power have already done that!
    Owen: I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new farm!
    Cliegg: Your new farm?
    Owen: Don't make me kill you.
    Cliegg: I'll do what I must.
    Owen: YOU WILL TRY.

Cliegg was tired of just sitting around while the Clone Wars raged on. "I'm no cripple, I can still fight!" Cliegg complained. To shut him up, Owen booked him on a flight to Kashyyyk, where, amazingly, Cliegg single-handedly destroyed 320 battle droids, three droid gunships, and one tank droid. When Order 66 was issued, Cliegg was confused by what was going on and just wandered off into the Wookiee forest. Some say he still lives there. So remember, Wookiee kids, don't venture too far into the forest, because old man Lars and his Ghost Leg like to eat little children who disobey their parents. Or something.

I know this one's been covered, but:
    Droid: Medically, he is completely healthy. For reasons we can't explain, we are losing him.
    Beru: He's dying?
    Droid: We don't know why. He has lost the will to live. We need to operate quickly if we are to save the babies.
    Owen: BABIES?!
    Droid: He's carrying twins.

Cliegg had a bad motivator, and they had to replace him with a better model. That one got stolen.

In his post-Shmi years, Cliegg retired and let Owen run the farm. Free from moisture farming, Cliegg was able to return to his true passion: Podracing. He stopped watching the sport and became the second human ever to race a pod. Technically, it wasn't a "pod" racer because Cliegg just used his chair and held onto the engine cables with his hands. Tragically, his life was cut short when, after two successful laps at the Boonta Eve Race, he was picked off by a Tusken sniper. Those tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters.

6. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Blackrook, and gob1 you guys need to stop, the comedy is killing me !! too funny you guys![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_chicken] [face_clown]

7. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    My guess is he passed away. But I could be wrong. Really I'm glad he was not in that last scene of the movie. I like that way it is with Luke, and his Aunt and Uncle. :) In away those two became the hope for the whole galaxy becasue they had to keep Luk safe until he meet up with Old Ben.

8. ItchyRedSaber

ItchyRedSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2004
    Cleig is really Grevious, this would explain the cough. Not many people know Cleig was a 4 pack a day camel straight guy

9. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] LMAOROFL!!!!! (and @ every other post in this thread)

10. DarthIntimidus

DarthIntimidus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2003
    Cliegg bet Bib Fortuna he could pole vault across the open gullett of the Sarlacc. He lost. :p

11. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Never mind.

12. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    when Cliegg lars ventured towards kashyyyk his probably got Raped by some Wookie named Chewcacca. (he's Chewbacca's cousin)

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Cliegg dies. That was confirmed before the film was ever released. Other actors had a leg up on him.

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Except Owen, he burned out in the end, remember?

15. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Lol Sapient!

I thought GL fired him though. Apparantly he turned up to work legless. [face_plain]

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    He burned out from many orifices, not just there. Though they were charred, their adopted son was only lukewarm.

17. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    Like father like son - Owen was fired. :D

(refer to ealier lame joke)

18. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I wish he had died in pre-production and never made it to film. His part was horribly imagined and not really needed anyway. Owen could have provided all the dialogue Cliegg has in terms of story with Cliegg as background filler for the loving spouse who died in the attack trying to save Shmi. Owen's character could have been developed a little more and many of the things we understand about him and his politics could have been explored further here. In ANH he has kind of a limp so the leg injury would have still worked as a powerlessness story device. And even if Cliegg had to be there, in addition to injuries to Owen, Cliegg should have been in a coma or something that would warrant sitting at home waiting for the tuskans to send proof of death. I mean Owen and Cliegg just hang out and enjoy their blue milk while Shmi is lost to the unknown. They just SIT THERE! Anakin should have arrived to meet Beru only since the others should have been tirelessly searching. I mean, sell the farm, hire a tracker/bounty hunter .... whatever ...... just find her! I mean really, real world farmers are tough as nails and both owen and Cliegg demonstrated about as much heart as a pencil pushing pushover.

Fact is if my wife had been kidnapped, i'd scour the earth til i found the culprits and got my revenge and I wouldnt stop until I was dead or I found her, alive or dead. The premise of Cliegg's character is simply flawed. Anybody can drive a landspeeder and fire a gun and he says he can't ride anymore? Then have Owen drive ya ... HELLO. Then after she's dead we get that sappy speech about how much he loved her and not a single tear or sense of sincerity (although that may have been the actor in combination with the horrid dialogue). Gimme a break ..... show me don't tell me; that's the first rule of film making and the most important rule in life.

Atleast Anakin's role in the situation was realistic. That's the only part that saved the sequence, although the funeral scene was pretty horrible and would have been better left as a visual reference only. All of Anakin's issues concerning his mother had already been spelled out to Padme in the garage scene.

The 1997 film "Breakdown" directed by Jonathan Mostow and starring Kurt Russel was a MUCH better rendition of how someone who truly loves their spouse would react to their dissapearance.

19. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] LOL YYZ-2112, yet so true.

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Owen found out there was hell to pay.

21. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    Beru was hot though.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Fact is if my wife had been kidnapped, i'd scour the earth til i found the culprits and got my revenge and I wouldnt stop until I was dead or I found her, alive or dead.

Newlywed?

23. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    Newlywed?

Single most probably - we are grown men discussing Star Wars afterall.

24. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey, hey, hey... o_O

[face_talk_hand]

[face_batting]

25. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Point being, just curious how many people who've been together 10+ years, day in and day out, wouldn't take the Cliegg approach.

Concerned person: Sape, Sape. Your wife's missing. It must be killing you. You've been together 20 years.

Sape: I've got this nasty hangnail. I'd be out there looking for her, but on account of my hangnail, I can't go out until I heal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.