main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Happened to Frodo:The Official LOTR Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by jedi_withouta_clue77, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_withouta_clue77

jedi_withouta_clue77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    NOW I know LOTR Is a thing of the past but I do beleive the movie is profound enough to have its own discussion. Why is it so inspiring...why is it so exhilerating...I dont rightly know. here is a review I made a long time ago:

RINGS" IS A POWERFUL EPIC AND A UNIQUE ACHEIVEMENT

Perhaps one of the greatest films of all time, Lord of the Rings captures the spirit of Tolkeins universe. It's been a while now since the movie came out and though it's and old movie, I think it is good enough to write a review again. When I first heard of it, I was going out to eat at Macdonalds with my mother, that when we saw it: Lord of the Rings: the fellowship of the ring. At first we thought it was a pagan movie, and unfit for watching, until I watched the movie myself, roughly one year later. My freind talked me into watching it one night while over at his house, when I did, I wittnessed the most powerful and epic movie I have ever seen.

Young Frodo Baggins recieves a Ring from his uncle Bilbo for his fifteith birthday, to which Gandalf the Grey discovers, much to theyre horror, that this is the Ring of Power! A Ring forged in darkness by the dark lord Sauron, a Ring so powerful it grants mastery over every living thing. Yet, being forged by evil, the Ring corrupts anyone who attempts to use it. But when news come's of the Dark Towers reconstruction in Mordor, it is then that Gandalf realizes that were Sauron to gain the Ring, he would have enough power to shroud all of Middle-Earth in darkness. During the Council of Elrond, the decision is made that the only way to rid Middle-Earth of this evil is to find the legendary Cracks of Doom and cast it back into the fires of darkness from whence it came. After the appointment and breaking of The Fellowship, Frodo and Sam must follow perilous paths with a shifty, evil creature named Gollum. Meanwhile Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli wade through fierce Orcs, broken kingdoms and disloyal traitors. Riding with the Rohirim after Theoden's curing aragorn must reunite Rohan with Minas Tirith if he plans on aiding Gandalf in his plight. Gandalf himself flys to Minas Tirith where he must dethrown lord Denethor and pull the unorganized Gondorian army together to defend against the greatest battle of all time! But most importantly of all, the fate of them all relies alone on two small Hobbits, struggling to set all to rights and destroy the Ring of Power, or be destroyed by it.

This film is perhaps the greatest of our time. In a world defined by so called "grey areas" it is relieving so see a movie where good and evil is so clearly defined. Harry Potter has always drawn up in comparison with the Lord of the Rings, many even are as bold to say that they are the same thing. To which I say that there is no similarities in Gandalfs white magic (if and when he even uses it) and Harry's black witchcraft. Harry is an evil wizard, whether you choose to admit it or not. He goes to school at a school for witchcraft, he practices witch-like spells, now compare that to Gandalf. Another proof is that I loathe Harry Potter, with a passion. To call them both similar would be condradictory, for if that were true i'de hate them both. The movies have a Christian perspecive as well which is quite clear (because tolkien himself was a christian)in all three of the movies. Gandalfs fight with the Balrog of Morgoth represents a christian battling the devil in hard times of theyre life. Gandalfs battle with the balrog not only afterwards made him stronger, but wiser and more good, as we as christians are wisened after a spiritual battle. The ring represents the evil sin in this world, that we strive daily to destroy yet can become dangerously tempting to weild. As christians facing our every day struggles we should keep in mind this phrase: We fight, mister frodo, so that they'll be some good in this world. And that's worth fighting for!

Samwise Gamgee - Lord of the Rings: the two towers

Rating: * * * * * * The Greatest epic of all time!

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    You can check out our Index which will show you all the different threads will already have LotR.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.