main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

What happened to Inidy's companions?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by RocketGirl, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    In each episode of Indiana Jones, Indy aquires companions or has associates that accompany him on his journey. But with the possible exceptions of Marcus Brody and Sallag--who, honestly, don't count--they disappear and are never heard from again. I'm just wondering...whateverh appened to them?

What happened to Willie and Short Round and Marion?
    Did Indy just dump Short Round with a foster family or an orphanage? I guess Willie went back to performing, but did she keep in contact with Indy? Marion's bar burned down; what did she do afterwards? Elsa died--we assume; for all we know, that cloud she fell into led to some sort of hell dimension she could come out of someday...or is that a little too Joss Whedon?--in Last Crusade, so that's a loose end tied up. But the others...

It's just something I've often wondered, because after each movie, *bip*, they're gone.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    It's a bit like James Bond, the girls and friends come and go.

3. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Considering that Spielberg has always wanted to do a Bond movie, and Lucas suggested Indy instead, and that there's a kind of in-joke that Indy's father is also James Bond's father (not to mention being played by a former James Bond), that kinna makes sense. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.