main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What happened to Mas Amedda after ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I do apologize in advance if this question has been asked before, but where exactly did Amedda end up after ROTS? We see him in the entire PT right next to Palpatine, and he was one of the few who knew his secret identtity as Darth Sidious. But suddenly after ROTS, he's never to be seen again, despite being seen with him near the end of the film.

What happened to him?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wookieepedia gives this information, citing Star Wars Insider 92 as its source:

Following the Empire's formation Amedda became one of the first members of the Imperial Ruling Council. Despite losing his title of Vice Chair, Amedda retained a position of power, acting as Palpatine's representative in the Senate. As his position soon became largely irrelevant, Amedda was relegated to reclaiming lost Sith artifacts from worlds previously quarantined by the Jedi Order. Despite this apparent demotion, Amedda enjoyed his ability to pursue his thirst for knowledge of Sith history, exploring many Sith worlds. During this time, Amedda ventured to Yavin 4; discovering rare piranha beetles which delighted the Emperor.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's possible that Palpy just kept him running all over the galaxy trying to find various Sith artifacts and he probably had a blast because he's a big ole sycophant. It's also entirely possible that one day he looked at Palpy cross eyed and Sidious fried him on the spot.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I imagined that Palps would eventually purge all nonhumans from his government.

5. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh for crying out loud, does anyone even believe that ridiculous theory anymore? Palpatine's heir to the Sith Order was a Zabrak initially, one he chose when had the pick of the entire galaxy (and before anakin was born) His closest advisors are non human, as witnessed in ROTS.

The entire reason for that stupid theory was that all Stormtroopers were human, sidious was human, and vader was human...so the Empire is racist and hates non humans. Thing was, there was no CGI at the time and Lucas was on a strict budget.. He was not a billionaire yet.

6. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Everybody in the movies that served under the Empire was human. Look at the diversity of species that made up the Rebel Alliance in ROTJ, the vast amount of non-humans in Chalmuns and Jabbas's Palace, are you telling me that it was beyond the capability of special effects to include at least one non-human in the Empire?

"Where are you taking this.... thing?"

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    This was the first official SW source I know of to comment on the lack of aliens anywhere but Mos Eisley in Star Wars:

STAR WARS: OFFICIAL POSTER MONTHLY #6
    Published March 1978
    http://theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?Image=timetales/misc/arcana/post6-03.jpg

And this:

STAR WARS: OFFICIAL POSTER MONTHLY #4
    Published January 1978
    http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?Image=timetales/misc/arcana/post4-03.jpg

Was the first source I know of to attribute anti-alien bias to the stormtroopers, 2 months before.

Yunners likes this.
  8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    No no no, all rationale for everything Star Wars MUST be in-universe! Also, it was established by one author of a Star Wars book that Palpatine was a racist so everyone else must hold that to be true for all time - it's CANON!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!1!!!!eleven

Sitara likes this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    EDIT: Sorry I just repeated what others have already said.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    A more common question I've seen is whether the Emperor was also a subscriber to anti-alien prejudice to a degree.

Some of his remarks in Darth Plagueis suggest mild prejudice toward Gungans. Still, he's not the only one, even in-universe- Jorus C'baoth said similar things.

11. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    You know that ROTS is part of the PT right!? What are you expecting!? For GL to do another OT re-release and put Mas Amedda standing behind Palpatine in all his scenes?? I don't get this question

Sitara likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    well, he was getting a tan on Tatooine :p

13. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    :lol:

Imagine GL, or Kathleen reading this and putting Mas Amedda in place of Tarkin in ANH Super Special Edition.

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I meant storyline wise.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He got swallowed up by a black hole.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Even Obi-Wan called Jar Jar a pathetic life form!

17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Qui Gon and Kenobi and Anakin were all racists.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Kenobi's "pathetic" attitude may be more toward Jar Jar as a person, than Gungans in general.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That's a good point. Some of the Gungans in the end battle were actually worthy of respect.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Let's see here...what do we have to go by?

Palpatine is an evil dude, and if evil dudes in history tell us anything, it's that they're prejudice.

Obi-Wan was quoted as saying that Palpatine used the Senators and their prejudices against each other.

Palpatine made an exception when he took in a Zabrak and made him his apprentice. Not that he had any other choices when it came to finding undiscovered Force Borns, which would be rare knowing that the Jedi would find them first, anyway.

Allowing Darth Maul to expose himself like he did somewhat hints that he was expendable to his master.

Palpatine turns a former Jedi, a human this time, and orders him to convince these alien conglomerates and their governed territories to secede from the Republic. Here he makes it seem that not only is this Seperatist faction consisting of only greedy and corrupt alien owned corporations, their leader just so happens to be a former Jedi turned bad. These two things make aliens and the Jedi look bad, which is a win win for him and paves the way for more justifiable prejudice against the both of them.

Palpatine orders, through others, the cloning of a human specimen for his army.

Palpatine appoints only humans as his Star Destroyer commanders during the Clone Wars.

General Grievous, an evil alien warrior, leads the forces of the Seperatists and commits montrous atrocities in their name, thus reinforcing more prejudices.

The OT tells us pretty much that they aren't any aliens in the Empire.

I don't know, but going solely by the movies, it pretty much states that he and the Empire are anti-alien.

21. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    From Vice Chair to artifact discoverer... what a journey it must have been for Mas Amedda

Bo-Katan and Sitara like this.
  22. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Mas Amedda's and Sly Moore's role with The Empire is a topic that's interested me for quite sometime, and I'm hoping at some point we'll get more exploration on them and their relationship with Palpatine, especially after ROTS. In TWC, Amedda makes fleeting appearances, while Sly Moore has yet to appear.

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think it would be awesome if Amedda is still around in the third trilogy! Old, pale and bent, he hides somewhere in the galaxy, keeping watch over some valuable Jedi/Sith artifacts that Luke and co need to get a hold of.

- There, you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me.
    - Most importantly, find out who he is working for.

/LM

Sitara likes this.
  24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Vader choking Mas?

WANT.

Sitara likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    "No mas! No mas!"