main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Naboo,Corusant etc

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by boostincoyote, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boostincoyote

boostincoyote Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    I saw ROTS opening night at midnight IMO it is the best of the series but it left me with alot of questions...In the PT the planets naboo and corusant were important planets...my question is in the OT their is no reference to them or they never even go to those planets i just wanna no why r they taken out of the picture in the OT

2. yoda-da-pimp8744

yoda-da-pimp8744 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    NOT NECESSARY

3. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Coruscant is shown in the Special Edition celibration sceens.

wouln't of thought the Rebel Alliance would of ventured anywhere near Coruscant, I'd imagine it would of had it's fair share of Imperials on it !! (same could be said of Naboo)

4. yoda-da-pimp8744

yoda-da-pimp8744 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    googd thinking spike

5. Darth_Nagle

Darth_Nagle Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    All I know is that Corusant became the Imperial home base after Episode III. It then became the planet called 'Imperial City'. If you read the Expanded Universe books or even look it up on the internet it does tell you that the Empire owns that planet.

As for Naboo either A)Lucas couldnt explanied what happenend to it after Episode III and decided to screw it. or B) Maybe the Empire destroyed it or took over it again and calls it by another name. Try looking around the net and see if anything comes up about it.

6. VtotheAtotheDER

VtotheAtotheDER Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Naboo and Corusant were added in ROTJ celebration scene.....u can hear Jar Jar's saying wese Free during the celebration.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Coruscant is now part of the ending of Return of the Jedi. It is the capital of the galactic empire and the home of Emperor Palpatine during the original films. The trilogy is focused on the rebellion which has been pushed to the remote worlds of the outer rim. For that reason, the story never takes us to the capital.

Naboo is just a planet in the galaxy. With Padme no longer a character in the story, it would be useless to travel to this planet. It is no longer central to the story. Though it is also seen at the end of Return of the Jedi.

-Seldon
    Edit: Both planets are left as usual and are seen at the end of the film. Life goes on, the story just moves off of them.

8. Darksithlord99

Darksithlord99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    yoda-da-pimp8744 posted on 5/21/05 10:49am
    stupid noob the ot was made before the prquels and george hadnot thought thoses planets up
    [hr][/blockquote]

Hey, your the n00b. Don't talk to people like that, your not in the position to do so.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Coruscant is renamed Imperial Center. It's still the Jewel of the Galaxy and becomes the Heart of the Galactic Empire. It's very important, but it'd be utterly suicidal for a Rebel to approach the planet, so it doesn't particularly feature in the OT.

Naboo was featured in the game Star Wars Galaxies. The designers had to ask Lucas for special permission to use the planet, since most PT stuff was under lock and key, and they asked him what happened to it. The Galactic Emperor made a special effort to bring Naboo to the Empire's side, and he ensured that Naboo--like the central worlds of the Empire--only saw the good side of the Empire. It was therefore spared military rule, oppressive taxation, and any other problems the lawless worlds like Tatooine had to deal with. The planet is still a democracy, and the current leader--Queen Kylantha--is a personal friend of Palpatine (some suggest she's more than a friend) and an Imperial Loyalist. The senator of Naboo is Pooja Naberrie, Padmé's niece, and she's beginning to gain Rebel sympathies as of SWG--which takes place just after ANH. :)

10. VtotheAtotheDER

VtotheAtotheDER Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    what esxactly do u mean more than a friend

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Precisely that. You may ask your mother if you need more clarification.

12. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you Jello, that is a bit of interesting EU information. It makes perfect sense anyway when considering Palpatine tactics.

Though I find it hard to imagine him being "more than friends" with anyone, especially with that deformed face ;). Though I guess she would be attracted to the power.

-Seldon

13. RobertHuntingdon

RobertHuntingdon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    Well, Iceheart apparently was as well, assuming you buy the EU... (Ysane Isard, head of Imperial Intelligence, for those who don't read the EU). And she was attracted not to Palaptine himself but the power he held. What power-hungry dictator-wannabe wouldn't?

RH

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Seldon: Well as far as these in-universe rumors go, they may be entirely false. After all, "celebrity gossip" exists in this world too.

Or it may just be that Palpatine wants her, so to speak, and she figures it's better to go along with it. That'd fit the tone of the rumors closer.

Though the Iceheart angle works too. People are attracted to power, and Palpatine is certainly charismatic.

The Emperor also maintains a private Retreat on the planet. It's quite a nice looking building, and it's modeled on Hitler's "Eagle's Nest". It's nestled in Naboo's highest mountain range--near Dee'ja Peak--and there's a giant alpine lake at the base of the mount that the Retreat is on.

Theed is still the capital city, while Karen is the trading center. Kaadara is a beach with heavy criminal (Mafia rather than petty crime) influence. It's a stylish beach town where gangsters have a big influence with their expensive vehicles. Moenia's in the southeastern corner of the main continent (the area where Queen Jamilla hails from) and is a city mostly concerned with artists and philosophers. The Empire completely dismissed that area, which is why--combined with the liberal thinking of the area--the Rebels have their strongest cells in that area.

15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    <<<<<stupid noob the ot was made before the prquels and george hadnot thought thoses planets up>>>>>

Oh, the irony! :rolleyes:

16. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004

It was not possible to show Coruscant in the Original Trilogy because of the lack of advanced CGI. Also, the story wouldn't necessarily take us there.

Would have been nice if Lucas added a scene on Coruscant in the OT:SE, with the Emperor in a grand imperial building, barking his orders to Vader.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The Imperial capital was scheduled to appear in ANH as Alderaan, but was scrapped.

The final duel was to take place in the Imperial Palace on the capital world of Had Abbadon, which was also similarly scrapped.

So I wouldn't say it's a CGI issue. Modeling and matte paintings were indeed available: McQuarrie has some nice sketches which are now considered parts of Imperial City.

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    McQuarrie's work however was not wasted. It seems all of his Coruscant stuff was sent to the prequel trilogy animators who used all the concept paintings as a basis for their work. It also seems that some of Ralph's paintings of Bespin went on to influence the creation of Kamino.

He was truly the best artist to get involved with Star Wars. Doug and the other PT artists don't compare.

-Seldon

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Agreed. All of Imperial City in ROTJ is based on McQuarrie's designs and most of the architecture in the PT uses the same theme. It's very beautiful and certainly creates the classical proportions of a governmental and cultural center.

20. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Even the grassy fields from Alderaan that were drawn for the original films was used for the creation of Naboo.

It is interesting how the old art shaped the new trilogy. Kevin J. Anderson's book about the Art of Star Wars is a good source for the paintings which are coming into my mind.

-Seldon

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Alderaan's Crevasse Canyons were used for Utapau, I believe.

22. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Originally Lucas wanted to use that concept for Mos Espa in Menace. For finanical/technological reasons, he decided against it. I was glad to see the idea used. But yes, that was also in the original Alderaan plans. Also in those plans were the city spires idea which has now also been used.

Lucas always places ideas on that proverbial shelf. He allows them to collect dust and when the time is ripe, they are used.

-Seldon

23. boostincoyote

boostincoyote Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    thanx for clearing that up i havent seen the special edition ROTJ in along time gotta check it out and see the end celebration.

24. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I'm kinda glad we don't see those Planets in the OT. Well, maybe it'd be nice to see Coruscant but there's really no reason to revisit Naboo.

But I totally accept the idea that the rebellion wouldn't go near Coruscant.

I am, however, a fan of including both planets in the end of ROTJ.

25. Newteh

Newteh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I remember seeing Coruscant in the SE ROTJ ending, but not Naboo.. then again ive got the video, maybe its on the dvd.

I allways used to think when i saw TPM that Naboo would become Alderaan.. but gave up on that little theory a long time ago :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.