main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Happened To Qui-Gon To Make Anakin Hear Him?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Jun 13, 2002.

?

What Happened To Qui-Gon To Make Anakin Hear Him?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2002.
  1. He retained his identity while one with the Force and is merely a voice of guidance.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. He retained his identity while one with the Force and will appear as a Jedi spirit.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. He is one with the Force (as all things are) but did not retain his identity; in other words, Anakin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Anakin has been hitting the bars up with Obi-Wan too much and was just hallucinating.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
  2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I believe this question was officially answered in the AOTC novel. I haven't read it yet, but I have been told that it is explained in detail (or at least more detail than the movie).

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought Yoda heard the voice, not Anakin.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Correct, Padawan is....voices I do hear...hrmmmmm? Kill them I must....the voices do speek to me....

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    What I want to know is why Yoda heard Qui-gon?

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Like GrnJalera said, it was explained in the book adeptation...but I didn't read it, but I do know why, but I can'teally explain it in detail.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Based on what people have told me is said in the novel, I haven't read it, I'm going with an alternate theory in that Qui-Gon didn't retain his identity when he died, but the power of Anakin's rage was so great that it sucked Qui-Gon out of the nothingness (albeit too late to stop Anakin). Maybe he can't appear as a ghost, but upon futher investigation/meditation Yoda & Qui-Gon figure out what's gong on...thus, indirectly, Anakin figures out how to keep people from dying. Just my $.02...have to wait until Ep3.

8. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hi! In the book, even Yoda doesn't know how Qui-Gon contacted him, since he is one with the Force, but he knows that it is true. I hope this helps! (I hope I am allowed to reply, I am not from City of Cleveland, but reside in Berea...)

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Detroit has a speculation thread for Episode III, and we've been discussing this as of late. These are speculations, not spoilers, so nothing is definite, we're just merely tossing around our theories. And boy... did I get a good one today (I posted this in the Detroit thread):

I just had a wicked good idea this morning... We hear Qui-Gon's voice when Anakin kills the Tuskens filled with rage, and Obi-Wan disappears when Vader is filled with anger and finally tries to kill him. Perhaps it is Anakin's rage when killing and his balance of the Force status that causes the Jedi spirits to be allowed to retain their identities... For example, Anakin's rage is so great that it is a disturbance in the Force, but being the Chosen One, he somehow balances himself out by allowing the Jedi to communicate with the living world. As for killing Imperials who fail to do their duty, I don't think Anakin's rage is nearly as large when he kills them, he's just upset that they haven't done their job. But when he killed the Tuskens he was royally pi55ed, and the same for when he finally saw Obi-Wan again on the Death Star. Just my thoughts, but I certainly think it could be plausible.

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, rereading this thread... I guess I came up with the same thing Sebulba-X did. But mine is kind of more in-depth, and involves Anakin sort of balancing himself out as the balance of the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.