main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What happened to the other planets in the Tython system after Dawn of the Jedi?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Biel Ductavis, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    We only heard about Tython in later times, but not about the other colonized planets in the system. I wonder if there are still people living there and what happened to their civilization.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    In the old canon there were a few trips back to the Tython system as well as other deep core worlds, from Darth Bane all the way to Admiral Dala as well as I think an alternate hyperspace route through their to attack Coruscant during the clone wars and there were Jedi and Sith Temples there at various times. None of these stories from what I remember though delve into the what the local populace was like, if there was one.

3. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    The problem with Tython is that we only ever saw the main planet again, beginning with TOR and later in the Darth Bane Trilogy.

We never heard anything about the other planets like Malterra, Nox, Krev Coeur, Kalimahr, Shikaakwa and Ska Gora again.

I'd like this thread to be a place for speculation about what happened on them after DOTJ.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Tython Awakening and kalzeth like this.
  4. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Good thread topic.

The DOTJ comics series and the novel Into the Void jumped back and forth over all the planets. Where would the comics series have gone next? Would there be a prequel series? Would there be entire arcs on The Despot Wars?

Depends how long in duration after DOTJ?

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Darth Caliban likes this.
  5. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    I guess the next thing storywise would have been some of the Je'daii entering the main galaxy to help the enslaved populations to rise against the Rakata.

To come back to my question about the other planets in the Tython System, i suspect that the Rakata might have come back to glaze them, similar to what happened when they turned Tatooine into the desert planet we all know. Maybe they spared Tython to harvest it's force power for their technology.

But if that isn't the case, why would the populations on these planets abandon them, or didn't they?

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  6. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm #2 (1st series) can be pointed to as a starting point.

Page 1 states the following:

"Over the millennia, Furies Gates has been the launch point for Tython sleeper ships venturing out in to the deep core. Run under strict treaty by the settled worlds, the station also monitors the void for returning ships. No ship has ever been detected entering the system."

Also, in Into the Void, the younger brother of Lanoree Brock is obsessed with finding a way to leave the Tython System.

And don't forget the Kwa and the Infinity Gates

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Darth Caliban likes this.
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    They were likely abandoned with the end of the Je'daii.

8. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    But why? I don't see any sense for totally abandoning perfectly habitable planets. Don't forget people usually have a deep connection to their homes.

And those people weren't force sensitives, so it doesn't make sense for them to leave with the Je'daii or the first Jedi.

The only explanation for something like that would be for me, if either the Rakata destroyed the planets or they were devastated during the force wars.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.