main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What happened to the red-skinned Sith species?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sith_rising, Nov 6, 2012.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I would mind it.. and not in a good way

2. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

Hell if they need major retcons for the EU to survive or even a SW Timewar with timeline alterations and flowwalking... let it be done by a Timelord and Doc Who style! All happened and is relevant that way even if retconned by timelinechanging.

I mean we got already species that are multidimensional and can see time different than the average hero. Why not add a Timelordesque one.. be it Aing Ti or the other one from Bounty Hunter Wars books.. and have that used properly?

3. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They got wiped out in a massive genocide by the Galactic Republic and Jedi.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, it wasn't that massive. Only 120 worlds worth of a species.

And one of those worlds Vitiate genocided... to the point that he genocided sound. He even killed colour.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I'll admit I haven't heard much about this event, but why would the Jedi commit genocide on an entire species?

6. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The one that failed?

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I wouldn't call that a retcon. That was in the game from the start, obviously a set up for future expansions or whatever.

8. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Large numbers of Red Sith ended up commiting ritualistic suicide when the Republic/Jedi invaded. The Jedi were said to had eradicated the Sith from history and confiscated their artefacts/history as they didn't want the dark side knowledge to be spread. Can't remember if it were overtly stated that the Jedi were exterminating Red Sith left-right and centre.We do see Republic troops storming Korriban and strafing the planet so might be more Republic then Jedi involvement in the genocide.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Wait, where was that droid from? Because remember that droids' looks are generally based on their makers...

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Gallifrey. And I imagine he does look like his maker, yes. But don't quote me on that.[face_whistling]

11. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    actually, the shamans of the Whills... are the Whills a species? Yodas species even? or are they a collection of beings from all kinds of species? or...

have them in the Sequels meet a species that had lived under another name for millennia.. but some of its members survived genocide and took on a new name...

THE WHILLS... formerly known as red Sith species :cool:the "good" Red Sith that split from their darker brothers long before the formation of the Republic... kinda part of those good Sith of which some were taken to Tython​

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    They crossed the Gungans.

The true reason Jar-Jar was banished

13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Its never been explained, though i've always assumed they just slowly died out due to wars with the Jedi, interbreeding, and finally Exar Kun's experiments and mass sacrifice of the Massassi. Though with the idea that there were many in the Vitiate's Empire, I wouldn't mind seeing a canon explanation created on why they died out. Also wouldn't mind seeing a few stories on them.

thesevegetables likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They interbred with the last of the Taung, thereby providing precedent for Darth Maul to become the new Mandalore.

15. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Book of the Sith definitely pointed at interbreeding and Sith Experiments as the Culprit

16. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Well there you go then. Though I still think we can have stories of them, especially when you take the whole Lost Tribe thing into account.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe Revan successfully unleashes his extermination droids.

18. DarthKenny

DarthKenny Jedi Knight

Feb 11, 2010
    If you're referring to the Purebloods of TOR, maybe some of them surrendered and after the Second Great Galactic War left and moved to the Unknown Regions for a fresh start.

19. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    The Jedi do whatever the Force tells them to.

Which ends up with really nasty consequences when someone spoofs the Force's number on Caller ID.

Zorrixor and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    very cooo looking characters in the mmo swtor. Like to see more force users featured in the Old Republic novels