main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to Yaddle?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by slimybug, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    In AOTC, Yaddle's place on the Jedi Council is taken by this new Shaak-Ti chick, and Yaddle is nowhere to be seen. What happened to ehr?

Slimy!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    She's killed between TPM and AOTC. I can't remember how.

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Yoda;

"Twice your age I am!"

The rest is history...

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Yaddle got punk'd. Her role was cut beeyach.

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I've not read the story, but I belive she got blown up while disarming a missle.

6. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    She and Lucas didn't get along, so her role in the remaining prequels was cut. I've heard that she's trying to start a Fraggle Rock revival, but I'm not sure how that's going.

7. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Yaddle's going to be in Episode 7, 8, and 9 (CONFIRMED):

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/600/600586p1.html

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Slimy!

9. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    And for some gameplay, click here:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/600/600888p1.html

And here for an interview with Mrs. Yaddle herself: :)

http://babes.entertainment.ign.com/articles/600/600830p1.html

10. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Yaddle: this female Jedi Master was a member of the same species as Yoda. She was just 477 years old at the time of the Battle of Naboo, and was a member of the Jedi Council. Some 200 years before the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle was apprenticed to Polvin Kut. They were dispatched to eliminate the threat of the Advozse warlord Tulak on the planet Koba. Polvin Kut was killed in the struggle, and Yaddle was imprisoned by Tulak. Yaddle was buried alive, and only her discipline and attention to the Force kept her alive. She grew strong with the Force, never succombing to anger or hatred, and was eventually freed when seismic activity split Koba's crust. The natives revered her, but were totally unprepared for the appearance of Tulak's son, Kalut. Her control of the Force allowed her to defeat Kalut and finish the work she and Polvin Kut started. Upon her return to Coruscant, Even Piell proposed her promotion to Jedi Master and appointment to the Jedi Council. One of her foremost critics was, in fact, Yoda himself, who believed that the promotion of a padawan to Jedi Master was againts the Jedi Code. However, Yoda was the lone dissenting vote when her membership to the Council was debated, and her membership was approved. She was known on the Council for her patience, compassion, and wisdom, and was one of the few Jedi entrusted with the knowledge of mortichro. She took a delight in the training of the younger students, often overlooking their pranks and hiding sweets in their pockets. One of Yaddle's apprentices was Empatajayos Brand, and she dedicated much of her time on Coruscant to heading up the Jedi library. Seven years after the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle led a mission to the planet Mawan, with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker assisting her. Their mission was to negotiate the establishment of a new government there, following a decade of civil war. Unknown to the Jedi, however, was the fact that the most powerful crimelord on Mawan was actually Granta Omega. In the guise of Striker, Omega hoped to lure a member of the Jedi Council to Mawan and kill them, in an effort to impress the Sith Lord he believed to be gathering power in the galaxy. Omega captured Anakin and held him hostage, demanding a meeting with Yaddle. She agreed, and discovered that Omega was planning to unleash an explosive filled with dihexalon gas. Rather than allow the weapon to be exploded in the city of Naatan, Yaddle drew the weapon to herself and wrapped it in a cocoon with the Force. The weapon imploded, rather then exploded, as Yaddle drew the dihexalon into herself. The deadly toxin took its toll, however, and Yaddle was killed instantly. Her body disappeared as Anakin watched, but the population of Mawan was safe. Unfortunately for Anakin, the young apprentice felt deeply saddened by her death, a death that he felt responsible for and should have prevented.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Great post. Either way, the information is correct.

12. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    GL did not want her in the battle of Geonosis, as he did not want to take a way from Yoda's duel.

13. JediYoda3

JediYoda3 Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    I agree, great post count!

14. Boba_Lives

Boba_Lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Yaddle dies in the Zam Wessel GN, she is shot while disarming a bomb....

15. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    GN?

Slimy!

16. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    But the thing about her body dissapearing shouldn't be there, because...

Episode 3 spoiler ****
    Yoda learns that trick in Episode 3, no Jedi had ever accomplished that feat until Yoda learns it in ROTS.

17. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    she imploded into litteral nothingness, she didnt do the jedi thing, she was just so small that the gas and implosion decimated anything of her small body!

18. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    That story was so sad-I remember how broken up Anakin was over it. (IIRC, he then begged Obi-Wan to somehow change things so that he wouldn't have to be the Chosen One).

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yaddle didn't die in the Zam wessel comic disarming that bomb, that was Old Long Neck. I can't think of his name right now.

20. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    ...that was Old Long Neck. I can't think of his name right now.

Yarael Poof?

21. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    No, it wasn't in the Zam comic, it was in one of the Jedi Quest juvenile books.

22. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    no loads of jedi disappear, i believe alot of them do in totj. there is no big "secret" to why jedi can disappear. they become one with the force (and in my oppinion) any jedi could do it. how do you explain Ulic Qel Droma, who disppeared at least +3000 years before yoda learned it?

23. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    What is a Yaddle exacally?

24. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    A Yaddle is a type of Yo-Yo used by the Jedi Master Yoda when he is bored during those horrendous Jedi Council Meetings. If you look closely, you can see him playing with it in Empire before Luke goes to the cave.

25. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Poor Yaddle took a one-way flight on a missle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.