main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happened to ...?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Pellaeon-Firke, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ariq Joanson and the rest of his crew (dead or Rebs?)
    The spacer in Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    IG-72 (still out there?)
    Nick Rostu (the EU character in Ep3 / did he stay with the Imperials?)
    The Ho'Din from SotE

Whole host of others, but those are the ones pressing me the most now.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well Shatterpoint is a recent book, nothing else has been said of Nick Rostu as of yet. In the end of Shatterpoint, Mace explained that the Republic would make use of him.

-Seldon

3. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    IG-72 self destructed a few weeks after A New Hope in Tatooine Manhunt.

4. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Its been awhile since I've read Tales of the Bounty Hunters, but I'm pretty sure the Tale of IG-88 took place sometime around ESB(because one or two of the IG-88's are destroyed by Boba Fett in Cloud City, I believe). So it seems to me that IG-72(who was created in the Tale of IG-88) couldn't have been destroyed a few weeks after ANH.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Its been awhile since I've read Tales of the Bounty Hunters, but I'm pretty sure the Tale of IG-88 took place sometime around ESB(because one or two of the IG-88's are destroyed by Boba Fett in Cloud City, I believe). So it seems to me that IG-72(who was created in the Tale of IG-88) couldn't have been destroyed a few weeks after ANH.

The entire story for IG-88 goes for his/their entire existence. From start up to blown up. It takes place over a long period of time, years probobly. So it is entire feasible that it began before ANH.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to the NEGTC entry for IG-88:

IG-88 came to life several years before Yavin. It copied its consciousness into 3 identical IG-88s. All 4 IG-88s (and IG-72) left the planet. IG-72 went off on its own and eventually self-destructed on Tatooine shortly after Yavin.
    IG-88a uploaded its consciousness on the first Death Star and 'died' when it exploded. Its body was brought back to Mechis and reprogrammed, and eventually it became Tyko Thul's bodyguard (YJK Diversity Alliance books).
    IG-88B was the bounty hunter aboard the Executor. It was ambushed by Boba Fett on Cloud City at the time of ESB.
    IG-88C and D flew identical copies of the IG-2000 and set an ambush for Fett above Tatooine as he approached with Solo in the carbonite. Both ships were destroyed, but IG-88D escaped and was later finished off on Ord Mantell by Dash Rendar.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "So it seems to me that IG-72(who was created in the Tale of IG-88) couldn't have been destroyed a few weeks after ANH."

If you mean by created, as in first appearance in a story, I think you are wrong.

I think Tatooine Manhunt came out first, and was the first appearance, and destruction of the character IG-72.

Oddly there is a 5th IG-88 as well in the EU, promoted to Grand Moff, and renamed "F8-C"

[image=http://users.thevision.net/valiento/grandmofffor-atesee.jpg]

There was an IG-88 droid as far back as AOTC according to a rpg story in Star Wars adventures magazine that was trying to assasinate Ister Paddie.

Course there was the IG Lancer droids too, and another IG type created by WEG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.