main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happens to children born Force sensitive after the Jedi order is destroyed??

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Sin, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I was wondering what will become of any children born Force sensitive after the destruction of the Jedi order?

Obviously with the Jedi eliminated, there will be no one to carry out the task of discovering children born Force sensitive that would have become Jedi.

This does not negate that there will still be children born with Force abilities, but obviously will not be discovered and trained. But these children will grow up with these innate, unexplainable powers that though will not be trained as Jedi, they could discover these powers to some degree and began to tap into them.

I would think that Palpatine would setup a system within the Empire that still discovers these children; however they are destroyed as a potential threat though they have no one to train them.

Darth Sin! :cool:

2. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    I started to think that those guys that are with palpatine on the death star are tasked with eliminating force-children. what else are they there for? guess we'll have to wait for the EU explanation about the times after the jedi fall.....

3. DARTH_CRISPY

DARTH_CRISPY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2005
    Some one here said they read somewhere that GL said Luke and Leia are the last. Balance to the force, if this were true, would mean no more force users. Which I think is a possibility of becoming cannon. I wouldn't be surprised to see GL slipping this tidbit in there. Maybe this is the twist everyone is talking about. Its his way to ensure no one will ever make an episode VII.

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    "Return of the Jedi?"

Luke will establish a New Jedi Order. I doubt that after Luke dies, there will not be anymore Jedi.

5. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    but I thought he kept han solo alive so we would assume him and leia were gonna go have more jedi babies....yoda does tell luke..."pass on what you have learned" he also says "the last of the jedi will you be" we know as the audience that leia may be a potential jedi no? so whats yoda smoking?

6. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Some one here said they read somewhere that GL said Luke and Leia are the last. Balance to the force, if this were true, would mean no more force users. Which I think is a possibility of becoming cannon. I wouldn't be surprised to see GL slipping this tidbit in there. Maybe this is the twist everyone is talking about. Its his way to ensure no one will ever make an episode VII.

Are you sure about that? Didn't Yoda tell Luke to "pass on what you have learned"?

Also, the force sensitive children may have gone on without knowing about it. Like an undiscovered talent.

7. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Well, Luke lived with those powers for 20 years and didn't know it. It seems that unless the force sensitive learn to tap their powers, the powers don't manifest themselves too obviously. One assumes that they will continue to be born, live relatively normal lives and die.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    And midis AREN'T genetics.

And it's not the number of midis in your entire body, but how many are in a single cell.

EDIT: I'm talking to nobody in particular.

9. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    If someone strong enough with the force was out thier {and was using it} I am sure Palpatine and Vader would sense it right away.

10. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    To try to clarify what Darth_Crispy said, I heard the same report he did. My understanding, however was that when Anakin "died," no more Jedi could be born. Luke and Leia were born moments before Vader was created. According to that report, no other Jedi would be born until after the death of the Sith.

Now, this makes little sense to me as well. It may, however explain why GL changed what we thought we knew by having Luke born first. Perhaps he got in "under the wire," and Leia didn't. That could be the reason Yoda says Leia can't be trained: She isn't force sensative.

Maybe this is the big twist that will Change what we know about the Skywalker family.

11. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    they will be born but not found so they will never be trained to use the force. they may have an advantage in life but they won't know why.
    not until luke starts a new order will force sensitive people be searched for and trained.

12. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    There are plenty of Force Sensitives in the Galaxy, but no Jedi to find them. Every living being has midichlorians, but only a few have the concentration and the strength to use them.

Obviously, if any children strong with the Force are discovered, Palpatine sees them as a threat and destroys them.

Anakin's turn doesn't prevent any new Force-sensitive children from being born, but it does lead to the destruction of the Jedi Order who would have found those Force-sensitive children.

13. Capt_Page

Capt_Page Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    "That could be the reason Yoda says Leia can't be trained: She isn't force sensative."

When did Yoda say this? All I remember Yoda saying about Leia in ROTJ is, "There is... another... Sky...walker," just after he tells Luke to pass on what he has learned. In ESB, what Yoda says is even more telling. Obi-Wan mentions that Luke was their last hope, but Yoda replies, "no, there is another." Perhaps Obi-Wan felt she could not be trained, but Yoda seems to have faith in her abilities.

14. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    watch the ot

15. Darth_Devilkin

Darth_Devilkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2003
    "The Jedi are all but extinct, their fire has gone out of the Universe. You my friend are all that is left of their religion."

I think that there were still many Force sensitive children and beings left after ROTS and the purge. Many were still being born, however, with no one to train them and the belief in the Force being exterminated from the galaxy they simply went on to live their lives with no knowledge of their special powers.

16. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    No more force sensitive children being born was supposed to be a spoiler for episode III, however, it was not in the comic graphic novel or the novel by Stover, so perhaps this concept was either completely dropped or was never truly considered by Lucas.

17. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    Supposing that Force sensitive children continue to be born after ROTS (which could very well be the case), I would think that they are of no significance, since there is no-one around to train them. They might be somewhat more effective than the average person, should they join the Rebellion or whatever, but they would be of no consequence in a fight against Vader or the Emperor. Also, since Yoda and Ben believe that only Luke or Leia are the last hope of the Jedi, it would seem to indicate that perhaps none are born.

18. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    I don't think that when Obi-Wan said that Luke was there only hope, that he meant that no other Force-sensitive children existed, but rather they knew of Luke(and Leia), had access to them, and that they were the offspring of Anakin. Obi-Wan and Yoda felt that the children of Anakin could possibly overthrow Palpatine and Vader.

I just do not believe that Force sensitive children stopped being born, but rather as others have said, they could not be discovered, so there powers could never be tapped and used properly as a Jedi(or Sith)

But I just cannot rule out that Palpatine created a system that would discover Force-sensitive children born in the Empire, and had them destroyed.

Let's remember that the Rebel Alliance had some limited knowledge of the Force during the time of the OT, and had a reliance on the Force. When Vader was pursuing Luke's ship in ANH, he said, "The Force is strong with this one"! Vader recognized that this Rebel pilot had a stronger connection to the Force, as opposed to the others. He did not say, The Force is with this one?? And saying it as though puzzled that someone had the Force with them.

So surely if the Rebels had some knowledge of the Force and relied on it, I just cannot believe that there were no more children born Force sensitive.

Darth Sin! :cool:

19. Jack2886

Jack2886 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    Yoda says that Luke is the last but by this he means right now and there. With yoda dead and Obi-wan dead the only jedi left now is Luke. Thats is what Yoda meant

20. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    I'm not saying I like the idea. All I'm saying is that I have heard:

1. That the whole "no more force sensative children" idea was supposed to be an ROTS spoiler.

2. There was a twist that wouldn't be reveiled until you see the film.

3. There is a twist that will "Forever change what you thought you knew about the Shywalker family" (Pablo)

Given 1,2 and 3 I made a guess. Maybe a dumb guess, maybe I hit on something. I dunno.

21. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I have thought about this... And the only thing I can think of is, all of the children born Force sensitive just live normal lives, unaware that they have the Force. I mean, look at Anakin in TPM. He didn't know that he had Force Powers only that he was the only human that could do the very fast and dangerous Podracing. So, I would think that the children Force sensitive born after the fall of the Jedi, just lived normal lives without no knowledge of what they can really do.

22. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    To try to clarify what Darth_Crispy said, I heard the same report he did. My understanding, however was that when Anakin "died," no more Jedi could be born. Luke and Leia were born moments before Vader was created. According to that report, no other Jedi would be born until after the death of the Sith.

Yeah, I remember that too, but that was a THEORY, not a report. If I'm not mistaken, Gabe came up with that last summer.

23. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I would think that Palpatine would setup a system within the Empire that still discovers these children; however they are destroyed as a potential threat though they have no one to train them.

They wouldn't be a threat to his power because no matter what, they would never be strong enough.

On the other hand, Sidious feared Luke because he was the offspring of Anakin, the Chosen One, who had the potential of destroying him.

24. calidevilguy

calidevilguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    I think its pretty clear one of two explanations exist to answer this question

1) Some how Anakin turning to the darkside cause's an effect in the force which prevents new force sensitive children from being born, and since Anakin kills the children the Jedi already round, there just aren't anymore.

2) They just grow up and live normal lives. Without training they are just normal people.

Maybe we will get an answer in RotS, maybe not. If we don't, just pick the one you like best.

25. Darth Damo

Darth Damo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 1999
    Well in the bible when Jesus was born, Herod ordered the deaths of all the new born babies or something i think if i cast my mind back to school RE class.

At the celebration of the passover the Angel of Death took his sword, Azraeel, and killed the first born male child in every family i believe...

Should check it out but it would be interesting if old Palps ordered the deaths of force sensitive children.

The Jedi take your baby and train it. The sith take your baby and kill it.

Interesting topic. Well done!

Damo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.