main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What Happens to Quinlan Vos after Revenge of the Sith?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ferus Olin, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Quinlan Vos was going to be killed in Revenge of the Sith but the scene was never filmed. George Lucas also personally told the writers of the Star Wars: Republic comic book series NOT to kill Vos. So what do you think happened to Vos after he escaped Order 66 in the jungles of Kashyyyk and what would do want to happen to him?

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Personally, I'm split between wanting him to have a happy ending with his family and having him tracked down and brutally killed by Lord Vader. I liked the guy and all, but Vader demands blood :D

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    If I remember correctly, Lucas did no such thing. Dark Horse presented several ideas to Lucas regarding Vos, including one of him surviving, and he allowed the story to go through.

4. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Spent his Life on the Run or in hiding like most other jedi.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There was a comic that showed him reunited with his lady friend and their child. I believe that's where things pretty much ended (so far, anyway).

6. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Ghost really should be canon. There's no reason it shouldn't be.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I haven't read the comic yet, but isn't the reason it's not canon because Vos uses the Force in front of Han, or something? And Han shouldn't believe in the Force by that point. Though frankly, unless it's not too obvious, I don't see any reason why Han as a child wouldn't just think whatever Vos does is a fancy trick (he dated a freaking magician, after all).

8. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Vos returned to his wife and his kid, and lived happily ever after. T'ra Saa and Tholme were with him.

Manisphere and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. Knight Fel

Knight Fel Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2012
    They really should give us some closure when it comes to him. I mean they've shown us some of what happened to K'Kruhk, T'ra Saa, and even A'Sharad Hett who were all supporting characters in Vos' comics but we have absolutely nothing about what happened to Quinlan himself! I originally hoped it was because they had something in the works behind the scenes but it's been so long now that hope for that has been lost. But there is only so many stories to tell so i'd say sooner or later we'll get a novel or comic series showing his story during the Dark Times. There are just so many questions surrounding him (did he train his son in the ways of the force? If so is there a Vos in the current post-FOTJ Jedi Order? Since he had two other powerful Jedi with him why didn't they ever take the fight to the Empire or join the Rebellion? Or did they? Since T'ra Saa ended up in the NJO does that mean Quinlan, Tholme, and her started there own order that merged with Lukes at some point or did she join alone? T'ra Saa and K'Kruhk ended up together on the Jedi Council in Legacy so does that mean he hooked up with Quinlan's group at some point during the DTs or is it just coincedence that they came back around the same time?) so hopefully it's sooner rather then later.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Re-read The Hidden Temple, it gives you everything you need - Vos says he will raise his son and the dark side will not touch either of them!

It's what makes the Vos story so excellent for me, that as the Sith triumph with the creation of the Empire and destruction of the Jedi, we get this story of a man who, in his ambition to save the galaxy, nearly destroyed himself, who having made those errors before, refuses to do so again! What we have is an absolute rejection of the dark side, even as it is inexorably ascendant! I love what John and Jan did here as it was so unexpected yet so right for the story. And the end point is perfect.

11. AirNeeva

AirNeeva Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2012
    So far, it hasn't come to that yet.

12. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    The Hidden Temple? You mean The Hidden Enemy?

13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    He was hunted down and killed by the Empire, just like every Jedi who wasn't Obi-Wan or Yoda. LOL wishful thinking.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Meh, one word off! Yes, the final Vos story.

15. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I agree with all of this. The Vos story was perfect in every way, and all I think really needs to be added is to learn whether his son survived or not, since we did learn Tra and Tholme's final fates in Legacy. Only seems right that we should learn whether Quin managed to keep little Korto safe.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Maybe Vos might appear in future issues of Dark Times....

17. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Vos, if anyone, is fully capable of being a Jedi who completely renounces the ways of the Jedi and contents himself being a family man. There's no reason for the other two to survive the Purge, however.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  18. Jedi Ghurubai

Jedi Ghurubai Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
    I hope he goes out in a blaze of glory on the CW.

He already showed up once.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that Vos deletes Han's memory of him, it wouldn't matter.

20. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Second.

Unless the Underworld rumour comes to pass I think I would have preferred the end of Vos's story being his confrontation with Faie, leaving any survival ambiguous. If he shows up again, I'd rather it be as an ex-Jedi with a son(!), maybe keeping his head down and staying in the background similar to his TPM appearance. Not a fan of Jedi surviving the purge. Even the ones I like.

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'd like an epilogue myself. If Ghost is canon, it presumes Vos either went on the run or lost his wife (though not child).

Tholme should die in the purge. What happens to a certain relative of Odd Bnar is anyone's guess.

22. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Build a bridge out of her!

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I did like (at least originally) the theory that Dray from Invasion was Korto Vos. Now, with him being another crazy darksider, not so much (although now of course the theory is a non-starter).

24. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I want Vos's progeny be part of Luke's order someday.

25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, I'm okay with Guardian and Spy Vos.