main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What happens to the clones after the war?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darth_jess, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I'd like to know what happens to the droid armies after Ep. III. They're all over the place and then no where to be seen in Ep. IV? Hmmm...

I would imagine they are all destroyed and demolished by various sources.

2. Ja-ClosEasou

Ja-ClosEasou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    They age twice as fast. They were ordered 10 years before AOTC and then they were ready as adults in AOTC. If they have had their ages doubled, then in the 20 years from ROTS to ANH, they have had 40 years added on, making them about 60.

I'm a huge EU fan but I beleive that some of the later batches remain, but now most have been supplemented with normal people. There's probably going to be some sort of story telling how Kamino was

a. attacked post-ROTS and DNA samples from Jango were destroyed

b. some kind of leak in the cloning facility that causes problems with the clones.

3. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    I presume that when the Clones get to old for service they will be replaced by newer and younger clones. Of course the Clones changed by the time of the OT, none of them sound like Jango Fett. What are the Stormtroopers? Clones from a different host? If so, why is there a new host, who is the new host? It will probably be explained in the EU. Well when I was a kid I never thought of Stormtrooper as individuals, souless.

4. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    And the new clones in the OT can't hit a target if their life depended on it.

5. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    They become stormtroopers.

6. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    The PM of Kamino says that 50,000 (or whatever) units are complete with X amount on the way. So, there are more being completed for future wars.

7. Seigiryu

Seigiryu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2002
    I think the one shred of actual evidence comes from the DVD OT. If Lucas intended the Stormtroopers to be Clones, he would've dubbed Jango's voice like he did for Boba (and like he did for Clonetroopers in Ep III)

The fact that he didn't do this, EVEN after introducing the Clonetroopers in AOTC is the one OT point of evidence either way on this point (the rest is either speculation based on PT or EU)

8. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    A bunch of them become firefighters according to the VD.

9. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Why kill off the old clones? If you were a head man in the Army and you won a war, would you kill all of you older soilders just because you had no more use for them? or would you keep them just in case another war should ensue?

Eventually the clones will grow old and die one way or another, in which case the recruits and volunteers will be selected to be added in to make up stormtroopers.

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Because the clones were too loyal to the Republic to be used for your evil schemes of galactic domination?

Also, if the Stormtroopers in the OT were just clones, then why was Admiral Thrawn's use of clones such a surprise to the New Republic in the EU?

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Also, if the Stormtroopers in the OT were just clones, then why was Admiral Thrawn's use of clones such a surprise to the New Republic in the EU?

Well, this is getting into EU but my understanding of Thrawns use of clones is that the big deal was the speed at which he was growing them. He had full grown clones in a matter of days rather than taking a decade.

The way I see the OT Stormies is that they are a mix of clones from several sources and human recruits. I doubt the Empire would turn people away if they were willing to fight for it's cause. I remember hearing somewhere recently that GL has said that in the OT the choosing of clone templates became more political. Like say, if one of Palpatine's advisors or aides had a cousin who was halfway decent with a blaster he might become a template for a couple thousand clones.

12. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I tend to think now that some stormtroopers are fett clones, some are clones from different templates and others are ordinary people. I think that the people who join the empire out of their own free will would have been brainwashed into loving the empire at an early age. I also think the empire would have conscripted some people when they were at an early age as well.

13. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, this is getting into EU but my understanding of Thrawns use of clones is that the big deal was the speed at which he was growing them. He had full grown clones in a matter of days rather than taking a decade.

No no no...I clearly remember Luke seeing the dead clones at the end of the second book where they find the Katana fleet: it said something like, "or rather, the face shared by all the troopers..."

They wouldn't have said that now if all the Stormies were clones to begin with.

14. MilkManX

MilkManX Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    In the Visual Dictionary for Ep3 it says the clones are now being made from more sources as the Clone Wars go on. So I bet the Storm Troopers have several clone hosts.

15. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    They age twice as fast.

Nope, growth acceleration, not age acceleration.

And they never went from being Clonetroopers to Stormtroopers, they were always Stormtroopers.

The Clonetrooper name came out at the marketing end to avoid confusion.

16. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    It says in the visual dictionary for ep3 that clones age twice as fast as normal humans.

17. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    And they never went from being Clonetroopers to Stormtroopers, they were always Stormtroopers.

The movie refers to them as clones and troopers.
    Stormtroopers isn't used until ANH (unless it's in ep.III).

18. An_Aussie_Fan

An_Aussie_Fan Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2004
    Without giving away spoilers on page 39 of the revenge of the sith visual dictionary there is mention of a certain individual using ?the stormtroopers of the 501st Legion.?
    501st Legion ? lol did any member know about this beforehand?
    But to the point the term stormtroopers is in THE GOOD BOOK of Star Wars.
    Also is remember in the now defuncked (might still be a google cached around) ask the Jedi council section of the official site having the question along the lines can clones reproduce. The answer was yes. That might have something to do with OT stormtroopers.

19. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    "To many they had more in common with battle droids poured by the tens of thousands from Baktoid Armor Workshops on a host of Separatists-held worlds. But attitudes began to shift as more and more troopers died. The clones' unfaltering dedicaation to the Republic, and to the Jedi, showed them to be true comrades in arms..."

IMO, I think it'd be more tragic if the clones were good to begin with, but were tricked by Palps to kill off the Jedi. But after that, he then betrays the clones and has them slaughtered too. So by the time the clones realize what's going on, it's too late.

20. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Seigiryu-about the voices thing,we know that voice changing technology in the SW universe can do anything.If Leia can sound like an alien and Vader's voice can lose its British accent when filtered through his mask,I don't think we can safely say what masked characters sound like until they take them off.

21. Seigiryu

Seigiryu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2002
    <<Seigiryu-about the voices thing,we know that voice changing technology in the SW universe can do anything.If Leia can sound like an alien and Vader's voice can lose its British accent when filtered through his mask,I don't think we can safely say what masked characters sound like until they take them off.>>

Duly noted, however, as Boba Fett in the OT had his voice CHANGED to sound like Jango Fett even when he, too, wore a helmet (which gave Lucas freedom from continuity, since, as you pointed out, it could simply be explained away by Boba's helmet) is evidence that Lucas intended to signify all of Jango's clones with Jango's voice - to change Boba's voice but not the Stormtroopers when both are in helmets would be inconsistent, unless he had intended for the Stormtroopers' helmets to change the voices when the Clonetroopers' don't, which also is far more complicated than simply accepting that the Imperial Army is at least made up of some non-clones...

Furthermore, Leia's use of a voice modulator was because of deception, and Darth Vader's voice within the story was always James Earl Jones', the British voice was merely David Prowse saying the lines for the other cast member's purposes while acting out the part, so those examples don't really play into showing Lucasfilm's post-PT attempts to bridge continuity with the DVD editions.

22. DarthCactusJeff

DarthCactusJeff Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2004
    "i think that the people who join the empire out of their own free will would have been brainwashed into loving the empire at an early age."

yeah kinda of like how the republican party brainwashes people into fighting to make the rich richer er i mean "freedom." In our country at this very moment.....

23. RisingShadow1990

RisingShadow1990 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    The clones are the storm troopers, there's no doubt about it. i mean if they were not the storm troopers, then there'd be no reason for them in AOTC and there'd be no explanation to the strom troopers that fight for the empire. they could't have just sprouted from the ground.

24. darthpotater

darthpotater Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    They only aged quickly to a fighting age. after the clone wars they all became storm troopers as they were easy to control.

25. Im_Scruffy_Looking

Im_Scruffy_Looking Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    What I still want to know about the clones is who actually ordered them ten years ago? This is never clearly stated.
    As Obi says, it cannot be Sifo Dias because he died before the clones were ordered.
    Are we supposed to assume that Darth Sidiuos had been masquerading as Sifo Dias, a jedi. And also, because Sidious was as a so-called "jedi," this is how he learned jedi powers (otherwise, why would a senator have jedi powers ... as seen in the ROTJ)
    Just wondering...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.