main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What has been your biggest bargain in your SW collection and why?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LoneGungan, Sep 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneGungan

LoneGungan Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    I'm just nosy I guess. But I wanted to see if anyone else had gotten anything for a really low price and thought that they would pay like waaay much more than that for something in their collection.

Me, I love collecting SW promo photos. It really doesn't matter which film really. ABout 5 years ago, I was at a local toy show and this guy had some 11x14's of Chewie from ESB and Chewie, Leia and 3PO from Rotj. He sold them to me for like ten bucks apiece. Well earlier this year I got (to me at least) even luckier. I know a lot of ppl hate JarJar, but I still see some of his collectibles for really high prices. I found an 11x14 at the May show in Dallas. I asked the guy how much it was, almost saying over and over in my head... say $5. say$5. Guess what he was so surprised and thrilled that someone would actually want to take it off his hands that he told me ..... $5!! The Force was with me!! Now if it would only work on bosses!!!

But aside from photos, I'll have to say my R2D2 toy container. He is a little beat up and has part of a leg missing, but he is from I think 80 or 83. I got him for $25.

2. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Whats really sad :( is I could only think of 1 item, But it's a Really Cool item IMHO ;)
    I got the POTF2 Electronic AT-AT (The Big One!) :D at K.B. Toys ON SALE FOR $20!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
    It was originally $80!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
    I was astounded! Talk about the Force being with you! :p I must have asked the clerk 3 times if they were sure it was the right price, [face_laugh] I still couldn't believe it!! :p
    Now that I think back on it I should have got two!! ;) LGM Woo Hoo I Got 1st Post! Never got it before :D :D

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Mine has got to be my Original 1977 poster of SW that was on the outside of the theater. My mom asked the manager if she could have it for me once they were done. Its only cost custom framing. The others have to be my Jorg fig I got for $10 at C2 and the TF vader I got from the fan site for $15. Look at the cost now.

4. mjskywalk

mjskywalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001

My best story is how I got that Theater Edition Luke Skywalker. Of course, even though I went to the 1st showing I didn't get one from the theater, but i was telling a friend of mine about it and she said she had one that she didn't really want:-0 I had already told her I thought it was worth $125, and I offered her $15. She says okay and brings it the next day, but she gave it to me for FREE and she also gave me the micromachines from the Star Wars SE. I was so happy!

5. willywampa

willywampa Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2001
    i found the 12" luke speeder bike at target for 15$ i ran and bought all 4 of them!!!

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't think of any bargians of the top of my head but I know that I screwed a lot. I got the Lego Collector edition X-Wing for $150 4 to 6 months later it was down to $100. Same with the Tie Interceptor Colector editon 4 to 6 months after getting it for $100 it was down to $60. Also over paid for the Queens Royal Starship. I paid $100 for it then 6 to 8 months later $50. As you can see I have over paid for tho much.

7. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Biggest Bargain?

Hmm.

I would have to say the 3 12inch Amidala's that I got from K and B for 7.99 each. The total was less than 40.00 and I could live with that. They are all on display in my collection now.

8. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    i got my queens royal starship for a stormie luke and a sandtrooper figs!!!! :D

I am serious in case anyone was wondering! :D

I also got my skyhopper for 5 bucks(i didnt get but my mom got it for my birthday) !

9. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Several of my Episode I figures, I bought for less than 2 bucks each.

I got a few of the Queen Amidala Dolls for 2.99 each at KB Toys.

Also found a Jabba Glob for 1.99 at KB and traded it for 4 Episode I/POTF figures. :)

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

You guys know my best bargin... ;) :p

~Saber_Holder~

11. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Just like LittleGreenMaster, I only paid $19.99 for TWO POTF2 electronic AT-ATs during KB Toys' buy one, get one free sale ($10 a piece)!!! That was awesome! I also scored the POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper wave (minus the Imperial Officer) for $1 a piece!! It was at a Super Wal-Mart in Houston. POTJ FX-7 was definitely worth a $1. :)

12. jawamonkey

jawamonkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    well.. i would have to say its my favorit vehicles .. i got my b wing at the comic con .. and i talked to guy down from some way overpriced price down to 35 :D last day of the can too, and my last 35 bucks .. didnt get my preview mace but i LOVE my b wing .. i hugged it the rest of the day at the comic con

13. JEDIMASTERJAKE

JEDIMASTERJAKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    My biggest bargain would probably be my Vintage blue Snaggletooth and my plastic caped Jawa. I was at a local junk store and came across a box of toys and found the blue snaggletooth. This was about a year ago. About 3 years before that I found a Vintage Plastic caped Jawa at a local Flea-Market in a basket this old lady had with some Hot Wheels cars and some other stuff that was junky. The jawa had a little paint wear on his fingers. But I only paid like $.50 each for both these figures. I paid more for thier weapons on eBay. So it pays to keep your eyes peeled.LOL!!!

JediJake77

14. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I worked at Target at one time and they was going to DESTROY the 3 big huge 3D vinyl signs they had above the figs for TPM.

Darth Maul with a pic of him dueling Qui-Gon on Tatooine.

Anakin in his pod racing helmet with a pod race scene.

Queen Amidala with a scene of her on her throne in her royal starship.

I asked for it and they gave them to me for free! I have no idea hw uch they could be worth. They are 16 iches high by 31/2 feet long. PM me if you have a clue on the value.

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Who could forget saber_holder`s tale about getting a pepsi machine? (I wasn`t being sarcastic) Well I found a POTF2 Vader in 2001 for $2.00.

16. yavinjabba

yavinjabba Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    A few years back, before even the POTF2 line came out, I got an original Tie Fighter, an original Dewback and Tauntaun, a bunch of figures in a Darth Vader collectors case, and the Shuttle Tyderium for about $40.00.

17. LoneGungan

LoneGungan Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    Hey Saber_holder for the benefit of those that (like myself) are new to the board.... Could you please tell me the tale of the R2D2 cooler???? I forgot who posted it, but the curiousity will kill me!!!! LOL! Pretty pretty please.

LG

18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    LG I`m one of saber_holder`s friends,and you have to get it straight it is a Pepsi Machine.

19. josheee

josheee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    I always wanted a full sized R2-D2 Pepsi Cooler. I used to see those things in stores...and I just HAD to have one. One local gas station had an auction for it, and I lost. Another one had a raffle, but I lost that too. I didn't want to try and afford one plus shipping on Ebay, so I finally gave up.

And then I went to Celebration 2. They were selling this little action figure that everyone wanted...you may have heard of him. ;-)

Long story short, I traded a Jorg Sacul that I picked up at C2 for 10 bucks for the R2-D2 Pepsi Cooler I had always wanted with a friendly fan who HAD to have the figure.

That's the best bargain I ever got.

20. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Hey LoneGungan , see this thread for the whole story. ;)

~Saber_Holder~

21. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Aside from the figures that I have recieved for free, as gifts, I'd say the vintage White Bespin Guard I found for $1.00, or the lots of figures that I have bought on Ebay.

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I haven't gotten too many bargains unfortunately - I guess I'm not that lucky. The best bargain I got was I traded two tickets to the midnight showing of TPM at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood (opening night) for a 5x7 plaque that contained a piece of the carpet from Palpatine's office from TPM. Yes, it is real. The guy who gave it to me was selling them for $250 but I got it for two tickets to the movie. (I had extra tickets and didn't need them anyway)

23. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I got a POTF (1984) Amanaman and Han solo in carbonite for 50 cents a piece. :)

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ No way! I had to pay $100 for the Amanaman with staff, and $50 for the Han in carbonite! GAH! I am just not lucky in finding deals. *sob* *sniff*

25. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I was it my local shopping complex when my friend came past with his Star Wars SE video set and his free Ghost of Obi-Wan figure for pre ordering the set.

So i thought i'd con the staff at the store into giving me one.I walked into 'OurPrice' and said i've come for my ghost of Obi-Wan figure i didn't get with my Video set.Without question the woman just opened the draw and gave one to me.

I walked out with my free Obi-Wan laughing my ass off at her !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.