main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What has been your favorite moment on the 3SA?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SupremeChancellor, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Ok, back when i was a noob [look at my reg date], we were arguing about if han solo would be in ep3, most people said he gave obi wan a ride to tattoine [face_laugh] everyone was an a** there, as I am now, so I tried to be an a** back [was a noob, remeber ;) ] So a mod told me to calm down, but i didnt know what a mod was, so i said to him, HEY PAL! WHO MADE YOU SUPREME CHANCELLOR OF THE JC?

And someone says hey master-fett, i hate to break it to you... he is the supreme chancellor of the board...

[face_laugh]

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Remember the old social thread? Master P's corner? The Better than the Last Band?

3. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    I remember when I used to spell Anakin Anikan.

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Anyone remember Scooby Dooku?

5. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    I forgot to mention in my post: all these interesting people, discussions, friends ... that good old Star Wars family feeling ...

6. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    The moment when 500 threads on "Was Sidious Faking?" sprang in the space of about 2 days.

7. Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    When BobTheGoon became a Mod. And when we got all those scans from the novel.

8. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    When we first saw Hayden's new hair and everyone called him a Hobbit.

Also, how can anyone forget the AICN report when everyone thought Grievous was a big fat joke?!

9. Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Aw cmon guys. The best moment on the 3SA was easily when Bob was upgraded from member to Mod. It was such a splendid day. Good on ya Bob.

10. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    I think that the Peruvian trailer leak... or its second cousin, the Maine "Lobster" rumored leak.

That was my favorite day.

11. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Oh my God! I totally forgot the "lobster party", when all the mods thought it was a code for some leaked trailer, but everyone else knew it was just making fun of some posters or all codes!
    What a funny night! With lots of fast-growing threads, one-page-per-5-minutes.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    From a personal point of view, it's got to be when I got promoted as Moderator of 3SA. Something I never thought in my wildest dreams would ever happen!

From a Star Wars POV, nothing comes close to the Darth Friday spoilers. Mid summer 2003 we knew pretty much NOTHING about ROTS's plot. By autumn 2003, Darth Friday had giveen us more or less the whole plot. Those months, September and October 2003, were such a fun time. So much good discussion. So much great speculation. The first time people first heard that Anakin would choke Padme and Mace would be taken down by Sidious, it was like bombshells being dropped! :eek: Great times. :D

As for the low point, DEFINATLY Yoda_Fart! That was traumatic. :_|

13. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    the blue vs. blue thread is legend.
    and to think the debate still continues after it was confirmed that anakin isnt using a red saber in the duel [face_laugh]

14. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    The 'cheebio thread' on the audio novel was great-I sat here for about 18 hours as descriptions were slowly posted!

On a more personal note-when I saw a pics of Yoda on his knees, sidious and mace with posse on 'Motees' msn messenger profile and then told everyone here-none of you believed me!

4 hours later-out they came!

oh the memories!

15. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    The LYMIRN mystery was classic.

Yeah, what was that all about? I don't remember.

16. Calvin_the_Sith

Calvin_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    I like general grovus, except when he's mean to anakun

17. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Not on the 3SA per se, but nothing beats the Back in Black footage, and the fuss around it when it was leaked.

I got over 500 request PM's that weekend.

18. Liquid_G

Liquid_G Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2004
    Arguing the sifo-dyas issue. Sifo is not Dooku!

19. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    1. The ORIGINAL Yodafart thread. RIP

2. "Episode III DVD for auction on eBay" thread

3. Bob's becoming mod

4. Padme is a Sith theories

5. Anything in the song parodies thread

Yep. It's been wacky.

20. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Yeah, what was that all about? I don't remember.

Some guy held up a piece of paper to the Webcam that had the letters LYMIRN. We all thought it was this cryptic ROTS message. Much later on we found out it was a message to this guy?s wife.:p

21. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    I liked the "opening crawl speculation thread" that was a lot of fun. A lot of people giving good examples of the opening scroll.

Boba WILL KILL Mace ! That was funny looking back 3 years ago. The worry of some that a 13 year old kid would wipe out the baddest MF on the Jedi council !

22. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    That time someone posted that interview with Lucas where he claimed the underlying theme of the entire saga was one metaphysical chess game between the good and Dark Side of the Force, and then turned out to be that Dark Knight phoney and we all just laaaaaughed.

Boy, good times. [face_plain]

23. Hyperflash

Hyperflash Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    My favorite was when the trailer leaked from Peru.

It was horrible quality and everything, but I was on most of the time, so it was fun to follow it.

24. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    My brief stint as mod was interesting. Gave me a mod perspective on things. But then real life caught up and I stepped down. Can you imagine they don't want me back? :p :p
    I actually like the 3SA banner switching. I don't believe it's ever been done. A trivial thing, but definitely makes this place unique.
    Darth Friday, Motee, Josh, and Spoileriffic. They were this movie's Sith Interceptor.
    For me, when I first got Hyperspace was also nice. Nice to be involved (legally) with all the fun.

One thing I won't miss is the polarity in reactions to every damn report. With every report you had two standard reactions you could bet on:

Hyper Gusher: OMG! *DIES* *Faints* Brilliant! And the ever HYPER obnoxious, 'Best. [Whatever]. Ever.'

Hyper Basher: This sucks! *Groan* LOL! SW is dead. And the ever HYPER obnxious, 'Crap!'

And I don't mean for BIG reports like Sideous dueling or what have you. I mean things like 'Bail will fly a speeder.' or 'I heard there will be SFX in this one.'

In all the spoilers we've recieved, very few of them could be labelled 'best ever', and I refuse to believe that half of them are truly 'crap'.

25. SupremeChancellor

SupremeChancellor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    Remeber that week when n00bs kept posting the same EP3 picture website?

Every one of the was headed

"NEW EPISODE 3 PICS"

It got annoying after the 8th time in an hour...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.