What has everyone been doing lately ????

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jowebee17, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    mmmmm, government cheese
  2. The-Rookie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have been MIA due to a scheduling conflict with my life. It seems my priories have changed lately. Now I am slowly but surely getting a nice even balance of everything I love. Star Wars included.
  3. 20x6 Force Ghost

star 4
    So jeeze, where is everyone? Salt Lake City board - more like Salt Lake City bored! We're not going to turn into the Provo fan force are we?
  4. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    Tell ya what, if someone fixes my computor I'll post more often!
  5. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tell someone to stop calling me every night and I'll post more, wait I don't want him to stop calling though. hmm... ;)
  6. LordMaster Jedi Knight

Hey Im new so you can't blame me.
  7. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    I blame you. Just kidding.........................or am I? [face_mischief]

8. Jowebee17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey 20x6..

I have been here...I check the boards every single day..but there has not been much to respond to or post about; so that's my excuse.

Other than that, I have been making plans to return to college to try once again to pursue that ever-elusive degree.
  9. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Doom III.

Doom III.

Doom III.

Yeah, that's basically why I havn't been pestering you guys lately.
  10. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    I would post more but I have to wait my turn on the library's computer & then I have to do stuff for job hunting first. (Boy do I need help getting my iMac working! :( )
  11. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    *ears perk*

iMac? What kind? :D

(owner of one of the originals myself, I'm a Mac guy so I keep it around for collections purposes)
  12. Sith_Lord17 Jedi Knight

Going on a blind date *shivers* trying to find a decent job, meditating..or trying to anyway. And being a general pain to my family and friends.
  13. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    well, there were the trips out of town, and then the two weeks of 60 hours of work which look like it will turn into a third next week :p
    I'll try and be more diligent in the trivia to keep things warm in here.
  14. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    I recently bought the Sims and created some Star Wars characters such as Emperor Palpatine and Darth Maul.

Laugh if you must but they look pretty cool.
  15. SkalenFehl Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi everyone. Just thought I'd drop in since I have a moment. I haven't posted lately in case I was sorely missed, har, har!

Lately I've been working my butt off building houses as always. I last had interaction with Marold, Frio and Amber eyes while helping her move into her new place. It was nice to meet new faces.

I've also been busy with another club as most of you know I'm involved with doing parades and such. I've also been helping Mike Handy on his movie shoot, "Tomb of the Jedi". I donned the mighty Boba Fett in the last shoot. Was an interesting experience.

The last best thing I did was go to San Diego a couple of weeks ago and I got to meet a lot of cool celebs and get some handshakes and hugs (sort of), from Carrie Fisher, Jeremy Bullock, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Ray Park again, Daniel Logan again, Shannon McRandle, Amy Allen, and also Michonne Bourriague. It was awesome to see them up close including Mark Hammil, Jake Lloyd and more. Hey ondiv, its kinda cool to see your avatar with a new perspective. Check out this cool link of Shannon's official Mara Jade site:

http://www.shannonmcrandle.com/gallery_shannon.htm#gall_con

In the convention photo gallery click the sixth picture in the middle row and there you will see yours truly. I also took the seventh picture in that row. I have a ton more pictures if anyone's interested, pm me and I'll shoot you a link.

Well, that's about it for me. I'm sorry I live so far away or I'd get out and visit with you all more often. Some of you I see more often that not. Guess that's about it for me.
  16. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I love Mary and the model that "plays" her :)
    I've started on my Mara Jade costume for this year, I'm really excited for it! I've decided that I'm going to get as close as possible to the character so I've invested in green contacts and am looking at a possible wig to cover my blonde hair.

Noghri, there is no shame in what you have done. I've loved the SIMs from the very first game! I even had a barracks with Darth Vader and a family of Stormtroopers. It was so cool. And then I made a family of dancing girls who lived next door that all the storm troopers could date...
  17. SkalenFehl Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey ondiv! That's awesome that you are making her costume. Mara is an awesome character that I really enjoyed reading about throughout the NJO series. It was cool to meet her in person as well. I think you would definitely make a great Mara Jade indeed. So will it be her dark costume with the cape? Will you be the Mara Jade that served Emperor Palpatine, or the Mara Jade that fell in love with and married Luke Skywalker? Either way I can't wait!! :D
  18. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    and that my friend is the most difficult thing to decide. Atleast I've got the green eyes down :D
    There are a lot of MJ costumes out there (black jump suit, boots, googles and scarf) and I'm going to stear away from that one. I'm not sure if I have the body to do the green jump suit from the Emperor's Hand comics even though I would like to. Most likely it will be "Mrs. Skywalker".
  19. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Shannon is a very nice person. I got to babysit her son last year at WizardWorld in Chicago. He's adorable!
  20. SkalenFehl Force Ghost

star 4
    odiv wrote:
    "I'm not sure if I have the body to do the green jump suit from the Emperor's Hand comics even though I would like to."

Why? Cuz you're tall? :D

21. AngieRei Jedi Knight

Just hanging out with my best friend, and having a pretty good day :D
  22. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    getting my costume finished. *yells back at mother* You can't get up from the sewing machine until that skirt is finished woman. *runs away as she chases me with some sort of sharp object.*
  23. AllenReturns Jedi Knight

star 2
    Im good with sharp steel objects! :D
  24. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Skalen,
    I wish that was the only hold up!!

ug, worked 60 hours last week, and this week isn't looking so promising :p
    Hopefully I'll be in Vegas next weekend visiting a friend but like all my other fun plans it prolly won't happen.
  25. SkalenFehl Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, good luck with the Mara Jade costume. Are you gonna have a lightsaber machined or buy a custom EL bladed saber? Look forward to seeing it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.