main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada What has my state come to???

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sar-Tamber-lac, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    Windshield busted by flying burrito
    By Will Greenlee staff writer
    April 1, 2004

PORT ST. LUCIE ? A burrito bandito cracked the windshield of a school bus Tuesday by hurling one of the Mexican morsels from an oncoming van, police said.

No one was injured in the incident at 3:25 p.m. in the 2100 block of Southwest California Boulevard, but the burrito flinger could face a felony charge of throwing a deadly missile if caught.

"People have thrown objects at school buses before," police spokesman Kacey Donnell said. "We've had other items: grapefruits, pencils and other small items. But I believe this is the first burrito in my tenure as public information officer."

School bus driver Wanda Cooper was heading west on California Boulevard with about a half-dozen children on board when she noticed a white van traveling eastbound. Cooper, 44, said the passenger threw an "unidentified object" in an "arcing motion up and over the roof of the van," an officer wrote in a report.

"Fortunately, the offending lunch item did not penetrate the windshield, it merely cracked, and apparently left beans on the hood of the bus," Donnell said.

Cooper initially thought a rock or bottle struck the windshield because the impact was loud. She saw a purple bag that resembled a potato chip bag stuck to the window and a "brown substance" on the windshield.

She completed her route before returning to the scene of the culinary crime. While waiting for police, Cooper found a burrito on the bus hood.

Donnell said the tortilla-wrapped treat wasn't taken into evidence and that investigators don't know its contents.

"We are looking for any leads in connection with the van and the passengers therein," he said.

- will.greenlee@scripps.com

What the frig?? How ridiculous is this? What a waste of a burrito! And how is a burrito a deadly missle! You can't get blown away by it, unless you're standing behind the person that's eating it! Welcome to my world. *shakes head sadly*

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its a terrorist attack!

Taco Bell is the new Al Qaeda.

US troops to invade Mexico unless the Weapons of Mass Flatulence are all destroyed.

3. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    US troops to invade Mexico unless the Weapons of Mass Flatulence are all destroyed.

LOL!! That's hilarious!

4. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Wow, I didn't think a burrito could crack a windshield.

5. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    burritoes most be very deadly then if it can crack a windshield.

wolf

6. Grand-Admiral_Stan

Grand-Admiral_Stan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2002
    Ya STL, maine is a messed up place :)

7. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Maine?? Jon, I'm talking about Florida!

I live in New Brunswick, remember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.