main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends What Hides Behind this Mask (pre KOTOR) update 10/14 chapter 3 finished

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Y2K2, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Y2K2

Y2K2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    This is my first fan fic before the saga. This is the story before Knights of the Old Republic, and if you aren't familiar with that game, it doesn't matter. Enjoy!

Title:What Hides Behind this Mask
    Author(s): Y2K2
    Timeframe:Before Knights of the Old Republic
    Characters:Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Darth Revan's master, Bastilla, etc.
    Genre:action, angst, AU
    Keywords:KOTOR, pre-KOTOR
    Summary: Darth Adviant finds a hopeful apprentice on the world of Sagra.
    Notes:If there is a fan fic about the pre-KOTOR times, I'm sorry for not being so original, but I can't get this bunny out of my head!! Anyway this is a twist on KOTOR, an AU.

-------------------------------------CHAPTER 1----------------------------------------------

Darth Adviant stood at the view port that took up the entire wall of the Behaine-class starship's bridge, the Nova's Eye. He stood with his hand's behind his back, looking at the long streaks of blue racing towards him. But the view port's special shielded glass protected him from flying back due to hyper-space.

His destination was the over-populated planet of Sagra. A secret Sith base was on that planet, and he needed a few repairs.

He had just come from a surprise attack by a crew of freedom fighters, not associated with the Republic, but wants the Sith out of the galaxy. They were just minor bands of rebels. But the cruiser's proton torpedo hit straight in the hangar as the shields dropped to let a few Sith fighters out.

He was able to make an emergency jump to the nearest repair station encoded on his ship's computer.

Darth Adviant was a tall but strong figure, who always wore a black, hooded robe. But the thing that jumped out about him was his mask. A long red mask with ancient Sith marking on them, it was a tradtion, a mask to be handed down from generation to generation.

But that mask hid not only Adviant's face, but things that were never visible.

Lies. Deception. He had ruined his wonderful life ahead of him, some might say. But he became a Sith Lord to avenge his family, who was killed by the Jedi, as his master told him.

His crew and pilots worked franticly in the dugout below to control the ships rear stabilziers. It could be done, but controlling it manualy would be a pain.

"Lord Adviant?" A deep voice said from behind.

Adviant spun around to see Huwy Uthar, an apprentice of the Sith Academy on the Sith homeworld, Korriban.

"We are coming in to Sagra space. Would you like us to activate the cloaking device?"

"Yes, Uthar. Make sure the landing crew uses the forward stabilizer."

"As you wish. But my lord, one question."

Adviant still did not turn around.

"Have you found any apprentices at the academy that are worthy of becoming your apprentice?"

Adviant could feel the hope that was flooding through Uthar's mind. Uthar had always wanted to become the Dark Lord of the Sith, Adviant knew that. But he wasn't worthy enough.

"No." Was the short and uttered word Adviant growled. Uthar got the hint and turned around and walked back.

The pilots of the Nova's Eye were the people on Koribann that desperately wanted to become a Sith. But none of them could touch the Force, so they took the oppurtunity they could get from the Sith and dealt with it.

Adviant continued to gaze into the abyss of space, when suddenly tiny white dots replaced the long streaks. They exited hyperspace, and was just near Sagra, far enough to be undetectable by Sagra's scanner and to initiate the cloaking device.

Adviant thought about Uthar's question on finding an apprentice.

The Lord of the Sith brought his gaze onto the giant blue world of Sagra.

"Not yet." He said to no one.

He would find his apprentice on this planet, and if he didn't, he wouldn't accept Uthar anyway.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! That was incredibly well done! =D=

3. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    the start has me very interested! especially looking at who the main characters in this story are going to be....... i wonder how revan will play into all this? and malak and bastila will be in this too? along with Darth Revan's Master...(Darth Adviant?)
    so many interesting ways this could go! and i get the feeling Uthar will play a big role in this given who he is in KOTOR-
    i just kinda randomly clicked on this to check it out and i'm glad i did! i'd hate to miss a cool kotor story! (perhaps you should label this a pre kotor tale or something to that effect in the title- no chance of us kotor fans missing your story then!)
    well anyway, i look forward to more!:)

4. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    thanks vader! also thanks for sticking with me for every fan fic that ive done, im doing a lot of experimenting, but this fan fic is a seriosu fic i want to finish. my last fic, a change of heart, wasnt really going anywhere.

Obi_webb, thanks too.

heres chapter 2

~~O~~
    Darth Adviant await the hiss of the air lock pressure to die and the exit ramp extend onto the underground air strip of the secret Sith base on Sagra.

Adviant allowed two Dark Jedi to walk down the ramp ahead of him as decoys in case any bounty hunter had somehow broken in this complex.

The Sith Base, the Dark Beacon, was located under a feild near the outskirts of the capital city of Sagra, Hujila. It was massive, large enough to fit a whole squadron of cruisers. There were hundreds of levels, and hunders of Sith apprentices. It was used also as a Sith academy.

A Bothan walked up to Adviant. He had black fur, twisted by the dark side's effect. There were side effects for emersing yourself in the dark side's power, most of them target your face, turning it pale and unhealthy. But it proves how devoted you are to the dark arts.

The Bothan bowed before the Lord of the Sith.

"Lord Adviant. I am Nal Uhhto. What a surprise, what brings you here to the remote Sith base here on Sagra?"

Adviant was still soaking in the incredible architecture of the base.

A lot has changed since my last visit, Adviant thought.

He composed himself, and faced the Bothan.

"I need repairs. My rear stabilizer is in flames, Nal Uhhto. I trust that you have the supplies to repair it now?"

Nal cleared his throat, he was obviously nervous.

"No, my lord, I am sorry. The supply brigade was shot down on it's way here by the rebels. We are waiting for the ship to repair itself. It shall be here in three, maybe four days."

Adviant reconized the Bothan was nervous, and was a pushover. It wouldn't defend itself. Adviant toyed with him for a minute.

Adiviant's pupils turned a firey yellow, a sign that a Sith Lord is extremely angry.

"I am a patient man, Nal. But I need those repairs. My ship is badly damaged, and I need it fixed."

Nal started to shake.

Adviant felt disgust in the Bothan. Sith were supposed to stand up for themselves, even if it is against death. The Jedi are calm, and only physical contact would make them would only make them trick their minds.

The Sith are strong, and would never take this from someone else.

"Yes sir. But this is immposible, the repair parts are somewhere in the Janig Sector. While you stay in Sagra, you could visit Hujila, Sagra's capital city. You'll find that their suv-" The Bothan was cut off when he felt his throat constrict. The immediate reaction of hands held his throat, gasping for any ounce of air.

Adviant stared directly in Nal's eyes, in a terrible way. Adviant used the ancient Sith trick of sending horrible, scary images in the victim's head, causing them to go insane.

After 30 seconds Adviant released Nal from the constriction, and the images stopped. The Bothan fell down, looked at the masked figure of Darth Adviant one more time, then stumbled off towards a building.

Adiviant tripped him using the Force, then broke out in laughter.

5. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    comments?

6. Jedi_Sharoes

Jedi_Sharoes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    i think this story has a great beginning - already darth adviant is a fun baddy, arrogant and powerful. i have to admit i know practically next to nothing about the KOTOR era and often get confused in its timeline and characters, etc. never having played the games or knowing the background (help for sources anyone?), it's hard to get there, but the KOTOR era is a lot less crowded space in which to write, much less familiar. this looks like being really enjoyable. i'd like it if the chapters were longer maybe, but purely selfishly so there's more to enjoy!

good work y2k2, keep it up!

Sharoes Nai

7. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    Adviant is awesome! a good old fashioned sadistic sith lord!
    just the way a sith SHOULD be!
    revan will have a great sith master! (if that turns out to be the case)

8. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    thanks for your replies, here is chapter 2's part 2

~~0~~
    Bastilla eyed the training droid's photoreceptor. She calcualted that the chance of it hiting her was at a low setting, since it was in her full field of vision.

They walked in a circle, never taking their eyes off eachother. The young Jedi stepped over the scrap metal of the previous droids she slaughtered. The other droid pushed through them.

Bastilla was still holding her lightsaber, but it was deactivated. She pressed the button, and twin orange blades extended.

The droid activated it's green lightsaber.

Bastilla somersaulted and slammed the rear blade crashing down toward it's head. The droid quickly blocked, and struck low, her defenseless point.

Bastilla was always a jumpy, reflexed one, and saw this action by the Force. She leapt 2 feet and continued her attack on the droid, using sideways attacks, then quickly aiming for the defenseless point at the other side.

The droid rolled to Bastilla's right and tryed a stab to her side. She countered by sticking her top vertical blade away at the green 'saber, pushing it away.

She captialized by striking her rear blade quickly into the droid's face.

The droid started to shock, shake, then finally shut down, but was still twitching.

Her lightsaber teacher came out clapping.

"Excellent work, Bastilla."

Bastilla was still breathing heavy, and still looking at the scrap metal. She deactivated her lightsaber and faced her teacher.

"You've destroyed 7 training droids, all set on kill. Very impressive for a fourteen year old."

Bastilla looked up and smiled. "Of course I did. I'm Bastilla, I will impress anyone." She smiled wider.

The teacher was serious now, all traces of a smile disappered.

"Bastilla, what have we taught you? Aragonce will eventually lead you to your fall, Bastilla. Tha-"

Bastilla cut him off, and finished it for him. "That will lead you beileve you can challenge anyone, and get yourself in a fight you weren't prepared for. I've heard this speech way too much from you, Master Durka. I can destroy anyone with this new power I've been training for. It will aide the Republic in all it's battles, I swear. Maybe I'm aragont. Live with it. I bet I'm ready to challenge you.

Durka had enough. "Fine. We will duel, with training 'sabers. If you lose, you will complete the obstacle course in fitness on master level workout."

Bastilla clearly liked the sound of that. She activated just one blade, he ignited his purple blade. They both set the lightsaber on training mode, but Bastilla knew she could compete on kill mode.

"If you lose, you will run 50 laps around the one mile track field." Bastilla said in confidence. She flipped her hair back and used the Force to give her energy back from the training droid practice.

The arena that they were in was one square mile, and there were kids of ages 10-15 huddled around Bastilla and Durka, in a circle, but gave them plenty of room.

Durka entered in Form 2 position, called the Makashi. He made his own stance, holding his lightsaber pointed out, his body sideways, but facing his opponent.

Bastilla, as cocky as she was, made her own form up. He lifted one leg up, leaned forward some, and held her lightsaber vertically near her face. She was leaned forward to be ready for an acrobatic manuever, she always went first.

The crowd cheered, and Bastilla looked Durka straight in the eye. "Bring it on, old man."

"After you, youngling."

Bastilla leapt sideways and brought her lightsaber downward as a stab, had it countered into a downward sweep near her ankles. Bastilla jumped over his head, and landing straight into a trap. Durka expected that and back flipped over Bastilla, bring his 'saber crashing down towards her head. She grunted and rolled sideways and clashed with her teacher.

It was spectacular, Bastilla looked like she really had the edge on Durka, the lightsaber teacher. If Bastilla defeated him, not only would he have to run 50 laps, but he would lose his pride and respect. He

9. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    replies?

10. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    POOR BASTILA! time to run the obstacle course!
    i like when you said she was so cocky, she made up her own lightsaber stance-
    ah, YOUTH!
    look forward to more!:)

11. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    This is such a great and interesting story. I don't know to much about KOTOR buch this story is so good no colaints here keep up the good work.

12. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    sorry for the delay. Here is chapter 3.

~~0~~
    Jalcie Niendi wiped dirt from his face and looked into the sky. It was a cool Sagra afternoon with a breeze. Perfect day for working on swoop bikes.

He turned around and looked at his house. One story and in the city, it wasn't the greatest, but it had a yard and space to work on swoop bikes.

Swoop bikes were fast hover bikes that are used in racing for credits. In Taris, there is always war down in the lower city between two swoop gangs. Swoops come in all shapes, and some luckier owners have hyper engines to boost the acceleration, while others settle for what they got.

Jalcie, his mom, and his brother moved here after Jalcie's father died.

Father...

Jalcie's mom told him that his father was a great man. He won many swoop tournaments and died in a skycar accident.

Other than that she wouldn't tell Jalcie anything. She would just say nowadays that "It is too violent" or "It is nothing of your concern."

Jalcie hated being treated like a child, and missing out on information.

Jalcie had enough. Enough thinking about Father, what happened to him, who he was, Jalcie was sick of it. Jalcie deserved the truth.

He trudged into his house and into the kitchen.

He saw his mother's back to him, and heard wimpering sounds. Jalcie stopped.

"Mom?"

His mother turned around and looked at Jalcie, her face wet with tear marks. He could see the picture of his father in her hands, along with a bunch of other phots spread out around her.

Jalcie came up to her and hugged her, feeling hopeless.

"Mom, I'm sorry."

She waved her hand in dismissal. "You are not responsible."

Jalcie waited for a couple of minutes. He drew a breath in, and prepared himself.

"Mom I think it would be best for me, and you, if you talk to me about my dad. You need to talk about it, to feel better."

His mother looked into Jalcie's eyes, and sighed.

"It is time. Your father, Niendi Revan, was a powerful Jedi. He had been a Jedi Master on Coruscant, and he was on the council as well."

Jalcie's jaw dropped.

A Jedi?

"He found me during his patrol on Coruscant to search for a bank robber in the vicinity. He fell in love with me, and soon enough the council discovered why he patrolled the streets of Coruscant so much. He was out with me.

"The council forbid our love, and he became angry. He was abandoned by the Jedi Order due to disobeying a direct order from the Jedi multiple times and continuing to visit me, and we fled to Sagra, and he trained at the Sith academy here. He wanted to do something with his Force abilites, and believed the Sith could turn him into a powerful being.

"He was sent to Coruscant on a mission to capture an informant on his way to leak the knowledge of the Sith academy on Sagra. His old Jedi master had discovered him, sensed the dark Force flowing from him, and killed him."

Jalcie was completely astonished.

A Jedi killing someone? I had heard about Jedi only resorting to death last, I guess they are hypocrites!

"And you want to know something? I was the bank robber on Coruscant. I didn't have much money, barely enough to buy food. Your father knew, but he didn't mind. He disobeyed the Jedi. I am partly responsible for his turn. If he never turned to the dark side, he would still be here. I killed him!"

A burst of tears erupted from Jalcie's mother. Jalcie let her cry on his shoulder, and patted her head reassuring her that she did not kill father, that the Jedi did.

Jedi,

A surge of anger ran through Jalcie's brains, as he realized the Jedi killed his father.

Jalcie will avenge his father, even if he had to go the the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and wipe them all out.

13. Y2K2

Jul 16, 2005
    comments?

14. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    good update! you continue to keep me wanting to know more of where this is going...
    neat to see you try to give revan more of a background... seeing his mother and learning about his father the jedi was a nice touch..
    so now revan wants revenge on the jedi huh? curious to see where this goes next..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.