What highways will you travel?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Iwakura, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking about maybe putting some signs in my car window on the way to C:II alerting passerby's to my destination (i.e. "Star Wars or Bust", "See you @ C:II", etc). And was wondering if anyone else was going to do this as well? I don't know if I will pass anyone on the way there, as I have a straight shot from I-69. So, I think mostly, if anyone, I would pass people coming from MI and maybe Northern IN.

Overall--are you going to put C:II signs in your car window, and what highways will you be traveling?

Honk if you see another attendee!!
  2. Grand Moff Joker Force Ghost

star 4
    Let's see...

We'll take I-30 East out of Dallas/Fort Worth. That will take us all the way to Little Rock, Arkansas, where we'll switch over to I-40 East.

I-40 East takes us all the way to Nashville, Tennessee, where we'll switch to I-65 North. That will take us the rest of the way to Indianapolis.

We'll definitely have some kind of sign up in the windows. :)
  3. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool, GMJ :) You'll probably run into a lot of people on 65...looks like everyone will run into the most fellow attendee's on 65, 70 and 74.
  4. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    we'll be taking 70 :)

and I hadn't thought of decorating the car...

:D

it will be decorated! WOO!! :)
  5. Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Knight

star 2
    Tabee's Death Star....

Everyone on 70 get out of her way!!!!!!
    :D
  6. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    65 North from Nashville... All da way bay-bee!!! :D
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Good idea decorating the car.......havent planned our route yet, guess its time I should.... ;)
    CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Strawbary
  8. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]

my Death Star.. hehe

too bad I'm not driving, I just have shotgun ;)
  9. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    We'll be taking I-75 south to I-70 east.

Hadn't really thought about putting any signs in the window or anything, but I just may now!
  10. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    I-78 west through NJ and Pennsylvania (including a quick detour onto US 22) to I-81 south, then we pick up I-76 west through Ohio to I-70 west. It's a straight shot as the starfighter flies, but not so on a map. :)
  11. Darth_Glymmer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We are definitely putting a sign in our window. We did it for the first Celebration in Denver and we're going to do it again! We'll honk if we see anybody! Indy or Bust!
  12. huttese1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will also take I69 straight down from the Oakland area. I will have a sign letting people know, and I will be driving down around 6 on thursday. Honk and wave if you see me.
  13. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    huttese: hmmm, won't see you...I won't be leaving until about 2am Friday, that sucks. You with the Detroit FF? Any of them leaving early Fri.?
  14. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    I-65 North from Nashville to Indianapolis.
  15. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was thinking about that too. If I think of something catchy, I will. Coming from Wisconsin so if you are coming that way, HONK.
  16. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    I69 all the way down from Lapeer. I'll honk if I see you Iwakura.
  17. huttese1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, Im part of the force, but I dont know if any of them are leaving on Friday.
  18. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    awesome robert, me too :)

It works out pretty cool that we can just take one highway, only thing that's unfortunate is that the speed limit will drop once we exit MI ;)
  19. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    The speed limit only drops if you get pulled over Iwakura.
  20. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    heheh, yeah I suppose that's true! :)

Edit: Oh, I also forgot...I just got my AAA triptik today and found out that I will be on more than just I-69...guess when I get into Indy I also go on 70 and 65 (via 465), albeit briefly.
  21. Obi-Kaufman Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Iwakura! Nice phrase- "See you @ CII!" I like it. We're traveling all day Thursday taking 1-75 North from North Georgia to 1-24 West and on to I-65 North past Louisville. Hopefully I'll have my C-3PO bobblehead doll by then to go along for the ride.
  22. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Taking Rt. 70 all the way out there from Baltimore, MD. About a 10 hour drive and I look forward to every second of it. I've downloaded 7 hours of Star Wars music onto 5 CD's to make for the ULTIMATE ROAD TRIP COLLECTION!! They're full of remixes, techno versions, comedy bits and other various goodies!! Never thought I'd look forward to being in a car for so long.

John
  23. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will also be coming in from the Detroit area. I'll take 75 north to 69 west, which turns into 69-south. Given the time of day I'm leaving (5:30 am Friday) that way is the fastest. My girlfriend and I were just in Indy over the weekend, and it was good to get an idea of where everything was at. Highway 465 basically makes a big circle around the city of Indianapolis, so that should keep most of us from getting lost. I'll take 69 to 465 around to I-70 then cruise into the Comfort Inn from there. Hope to see many of you there!!
  24. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    MrSkinnee: where did you get all your sw music? I have "Star Wars Breakbeats" which I will definitely be listening to during the drive...but that's only an hour of music...I'd like to get some more! :)

royalguard96: sounds like we're taking a similar route (of course coming from MI I-69 is the only one TO take) I think we may be a little bit ahead of you cause I'm leaving earlier...although you'll kind of have a 2 hr. head start cause I'm about 90 miles North of Detroit. So, if I leave at 2am I think you'll be an hour behind....drive fast and catch up! ;)
  25. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Iwakura,
    I've gotten i all off of the music server I use, http://winmx.com. It works great for me and is very similar to napster in format. I've just spent a lot of time on there searching for keywords that are SW related. Took a loooooong time to accumulate my collection of songs but it was worth it.

John
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.