main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "What I know": The Skywalkers during the Clone Wars *Spoilers* UPDATED 6/21 Chapter 88- SFFA Nominee

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    By the Force, I've reached 600 posts!!!

returnofthejeni: Thanks for the up! Oh, and I'm glad you "liked" the alternate scene I sent you. 8-}

BTW: OK, so here is a shameless plug for my tie-in short story The Training of a Ghost. It's set during this story, and I think you will find it interesting. No major spoilers, just good clean fun lol!

2. returnofthejeni

returnofthejeni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    CONGRATULATIONS ON 600!!!

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    returnofthejeni: Thanks!

BTW: A new post is coming later today. :D

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Chapter 84
    Escape

Setting down on the heavily forested moon of Alaris Prime, the Separatist prison ship?s engines slowly went off-line. Locked deep inside the bowls of the converted star-cruiser were none other than Anakin Skywalker and Bera Kazan. Both prisoners had been personally captured by Separatist leader Count Dooku, not that either felt greatly honored by that fact. Chained to the floor of their shared cell by strangely powerful energy binders, both actually felt quite foolish.

Stepping out of his ship, captain Krag Daston prepared to hand over his cargo of prisoners. His face was a mask of seriousness as he watched the approaching form of General Sev?rance Tann.

The blue skinned, red eyed General moved with long, confident strides as she made her way towards the prison ship. On her belt, her lightsaber swung back and forth, shinning in Alaris Prime?s morning sun, as her long black skirt swished about her ankles. Stepping in front of Captain Daston, Sev?rance Tann?s posture was perfectly straight, her chin raised in a regal fashion.

?Welcome to Alaris Prime, Captain Daston. I trust your journey from Raxus Prime went without incident??

?Greetings, General Tann. And to answer your question, yes, the trip was exceedingly quiet. I?m rather surprised considering that one of those onboard is a Jedi. But then again, I always suspected that much of their reputation was simply talk.?

?Be mindful of the Jedi, Captain. While their time does indeed grow short, it is always when cornered that the animal is at its most lethal.?

?Hmp, if you say so, General. But lethal or not, being boxed in is never an advantage, if you ask me.?

?Luckily for our armies, Captain, no one did. You will show me to Skywalker, now.?

Angry, but unwilling to challenge such an obviously powerful foe, Captain Daston directed Sev?rance Tann to the cell containing Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin was deep in meditation when the first stirrings of darkness touched him, snapping his eyes open. His cell-mate, Bera Kazan, gave him a questioning look but he did not respond to it. Calling on his Jedi training, Anakin relaxed himself as he prepared for the confrontation he knew was immanent.

Skywalker and Kazan?s cell door swished open a moment later, and in stepped the black clad form of Sev?rance Tann. The dark Jedi-General turned her piercing red gaze first on Bera Kazan then Anakin Skywalker, sizing up the pair. She could feel Anakin?s pulse quicken and his mind reaching out to explore hers. Years of Chiss discipline bolstered by Dooku?s education in the darkside arts kept her from flinching at Anakin?s strong Force intrusion into her mind. Sometimes the best way to defeat an enemy was to surrender to them, Tann mused as Anakin?s probing continued.

Anakin nearly cried out in shock when he realized that the dark one before him was not fighting his attempts to probe her mind. She was indeed very strong with the darkside of the Force, and her mind was as intricate as any set of mechanical plans he himself could devise. Much to his surprise, Anakin, found himself quite enjoying being inside the mind of this particular dark Jedi. She was endlessly fascinating to him, her motivations and methods nearly as complex as his own.

Sev?rance Tann allowed Anakin to linger a while in her mind, as if he were perusing the holobooks that lined the temple archives on Coruscant. After a few minutes of this silent exploration, Sev?rance Tann once again raised her mental shields, forcing Anakin?s presence from her.

Throughout the silent exploration of Sev?rance Tann?s thoughts, Bera Kazan had been left to sit in total confusion. She knew something was happening between her cell-mate and Dooku?s underling, but what it was she had no idea. She got her answer a moment later when Sev?rance Tann finally spoke.

?I trust you enjoyed your tour, young Skywalker??

?It was interesting enough, with a little more light what I saw might even be worth salvaging.? Anakin?s earnest tone and mildly pleading expression caused Bera Kazan?s face to con

5. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    YAY!!!!! an all Ani chapter!

Have i told you how you are now my best friend?

Sorry for not Posting sooner, i didnt notice there was a new post because of the space between updates, it looked like the fic was on hold :(

Please keep going :)

Cant wait for Jebiim! the way you write this will make it sweet :D

Anychance of getting some of those superspeed updates you hadf at first? hehe those were fun :), dun wanna rush you though, its just im a fast reader and there is a lack of Anakin CW era fics at the moment :(

I know! i'll work on mine! :D ...just have to get past this damned writers block ¬_¬

6. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Come on people! This is a great fic!!!

*picks up sword*

I swear if people dont start posting... grrrrr

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Alixen: YAY!!!!! an all Ani chapter!

Have i told you how you are now my best friend?

Sorry for not Posting sooner, i didnt notice there was a new post because of the space between updates, it looked like the fic was on hold

Please keep going

Cant wait for Jebiim! the way you write this will make it sweet

Anychance of getting some of those superspeed updates you hadf at first? hehe those were fun , dun wanna rush you though, its just im a fast reader and there is a lack of Anakin CW era fics at the moment

I know! i'll work on mine! ...just have to get past this damned writers block ¬_¬

LOL!! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. 8-} I meant to have it up sooner but DRL has been a pain lately.

Oh, don't worry it's still going strong, and, yes, Jabiim is going to be fun to write.

I make no promises, but the new post shouldn't be quite so far away. Good luck with your writers block- I know how annoying it can be.

BTW: Thanks for the compliments and the UP! :)

JD.

8. returnofthejeni

Mar 29, 2003
    Alixen- please don't hurt me I'm posting!

JDH3- Anakin and Bera are finally free! It's about time. :p

and you brought Chewbacca into the story! :D
    hhmm... do I see a certain freighter coming in the near future? Maybe a little boy with brown hair and a scar on his chin? :p

and there's also another dark jedi Anakin has to deal with. You just don't give that poor boy a break do you?

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    returnofthejeni: JDH3- Anakin and Bera are finally free! It's about time.

and you brought Chewbacca into the story!
    hhmm... do I see a certain freighter coming in the near future? Maybe a little boy with brown hair and a scar on his chin?

and there's also another dark jedi Anakin has to deal with. You just don't give that poor boy a break do you?

Yep, the odd couple is free at last lol!

I'm glad you enjoyed Chewie showing up, I had fun adding him into the story. :) He'll be back, I promise. ;)

LOL! No, I suppose I haven't given Ani much of a rest, have I? Don't worry though, he'll be...nevermind [face_devil]

JD.

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
  11. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003

returnofthejeni: I could never hurt someone wonderful enough to comment on this story, m'lady *smiles*

Nothing wrong with promoting you own stuff in your own thread :)

Were is everyone?!?!? *starts slashing at figures moving in the shadows* come out Lurkers or face your dooms!

Any idea when the next Chap is gunna be ready? :D

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Alixen: I'm glad you're not going to hurt returnofthejeni- I'm quite fond of my readers, and she's been with me for quite a while. :D

I'm working on the new post, but with three stories in the works... I don't expect too much of a wait though.

Thanks for waging the battle against lurkers- I am in your debt. 8-}

JD.

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! The Wookiees kick butt. What a great idea to introduce Chewie, JD. :) Clever Bera to release the prisoners - as you know, I like her.

I love the little echoes of the movies you bring in every now and again. :)

Sev?rance Tann allowed Anakin to linger a while in her mind, as if he were perusing the holobooks that lined the temple archives on Coruscant.
    I liked that analogy.

I also enjoyed the snappy dialogue between Anakin and Tann, until she gave him the heeby jeebies. ;) She is one scary lady.

Great post. :)

14. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    :D

JH im suprised at you! you dont have 'FADA' in your name! :p ;_;

Nevermind :)

15. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
  16. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi: Yay! The Wookiees kick butt. What a great idea to introduce Chewie, JD. Clever Bera to release the prisoners - as you know, I like her.

I'm glad you liked Chewie's first appearance. I tried to keep it low-key, more like a cameo for now.

I love the little echoes of the movies you bring in every now and again.

You know how much I enjoy film, so I just gotta do it lol!

Sev?rance Tann allowed Anakin to linger a while in her mind, as if he were perusing the holobooks that lined the temple archives on Coruscant.
    I liked that analogy.

Thanks!

I also enjoyed the snappy dialogue between Anakin and Tann, until she gave him the heeby jeebies. She is one scary lady.

Great post.

Ah, good, I was hoping the dialogue between the two would go over well. Thanks for the review, and, as always, the very kind words. :)

Alixen: JH im suprised at you! you dont have 'FADA' in your name! ;_;

Nevermind

Ya, I suppose I'm just not very social, lol!

And thanks for the...UP!! :D

JD.

17. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Up.... :(

18. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    up....... :_|

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Alixen: Thanks for pushing this UP! I'm working on the new post, but DRL is slowing me down a bit. Don't worry about the readers, I think DRL is getting to them, to. :)

20. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Cool, DRL is a pain :)

21. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Yep, DRL is a REAL pain, but I digress. A new post will be up later tonight, it's short but important. I'm upping this for anyone who missed the last update. :)

JD.

22. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Chapter 85
    Waking the General

He was finished at last, all their hard work was about to begin to payoff. The Techno Union Foreman, Wat Tambor, could barely contain his childlike enthusiasm as he watched the proceedings. Next to him, his Kaminoan friend, Geonosian diplomat, Sun Fac, and the blue hologram of Darth Sidious waited with equal anticipation.

The three Separatists, and Sidious' hologram, stood on the opposite side of a large medical bay window- waiting. The medical droids inside slowly finished their work and then backed away from the large durasteel operating table as it began to rise. As the four onlookers watched, the table shifted so that it was standing on its end. A small gasp escaped Sun Fac as his eyes focused on the form carefully strapped in place on the now upright table.

He was a vision clad in white armor, his shiny metallic exoskeleton reflecting the operating room's bright lights. Slowly the yellow eyes beneath the strange white face-plate blinked open, taking in the world as if for the first time. He was born again thanks to Lord Sidious, and he would make the most of his new existence. He was alive now, and he knew that there was much work to be done. Lord Sidious wanted the Jedi destroyed, and he would be most happy to oblige.

"He is awake, now it is but a matter of time before the Jedi and the Republic tremble before him." Lord Sidious announced in his usual hissing voice, as a sickly grin spread over his face.

"Count Dooku certainly made wise decisions concerning our designs for his armor, Lord Sidious." The mechanically altered voice of Wat Tambor stated, proudly.

"Yes, he has done well indeed, as have your engineers, Foreman Tambor."

"With you providing the warrior, Lord Sidious, and Count Dooku providing the alliances that pulled the pieces together, success was assured." Sun Fac spoke in his most confident voice, trying to mask the fear he felt at being in such lofty company.

"Success is never assured, Sun Fac, remember that. Those who believe such things are doomed to failure before they even begin, that was not the case here." Sun Fac fell silent, and remained so until well after Sidious' hologram had flicked off.

We expect Count Dooku to arrive here within the week to begin training him, as was decided, Lord Sidious." The male Kaminoan spoke, as his eyes roamed over every inch of his patient. "I would like to remain with him for a few more days, just in case any complications arise, M'Lord."

"You will be missed on Kamino, my friend, if you remain any longer. You will return there at once, that is my wish. If he cannot survive on his own now then he was waste of our time to begin with. You have done your job well, the rest will be handled by others. Return to Kamino, there is still much work left for you to do there."

"As you wish, M'Lord."

Darth Sidious' hologram flicked off abruptly, leaving the three Separatists alone with their creation. Again it was the voice of the Techno Union Foreman, Wat Tambor, that spoke. "We shall spread the news to Count Dooku and the others immediately, yes, we must spread the news."

CIS SHADOWFEED BREAKING NEWS:
    General of the Armies of the Confederacy Announced:

UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, CONFEDERATE SPACE- In a brief statement earlier today, Count Dooku announced the name of the being chosen to lead the Confederate military effort. "Member worlds of the Confederacy, after an exhaustive search our armed forces have at last found their rightful leader. It is my great honor to announce that General Grevious has been appointed to the position of General of the Armies of the Confederacy. It is my firm belief that with his skills as both a master of strategy and a fierce warrior, no one, not the vaulted Jedi Order nor the Republic's clone army will be able to stand against him. This war has only just begun, my friends, but make no mistake the tide has turned in our favor. With the good General by my side, we will win this war. And ultimately the Confederacy will bring that corrupt Republic to it's kn

23. returnofthejeni

Mar 29, 2003
    Wait what is this... I get first reply! :D I don't think that's ever happened! :p

General Grevious has been appointed to the position of General of the Armies of the Confederacy.

Uh-Oh. :eek:

So now you've brought the general into the story. Awsome! I can't wait to see him kill some Jedi. [face_devil]

I mean... um... [face_blush]

24. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    returnofthejeni: Wait what is this... I get first reply! I don't think that's ever happened!

Congrats!! 8-}

General Grevious has been appointed to the position of General of the Armies of the Confederacy.

Uh-Oh.

So now you've brought the general into the story. Awsome! I can't wait to see him kill some Jedi.

I mean... um...

LOL!! I wouldn't worry about that...you won't have to wait too long. [face_devil]

25. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Great Ani chapter! He and Bera make an interesting team. Good to have Chewie back too :)

Nice slide back to the Separatist perspective in the next installment. I'm glad you introduced us to Grievous. I've been looking forward to learning more about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.