"What I Really Am." / Obi A.U. Moved + new post May 22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I have been sick with allergic reactions for about a month and a half and havn't posted on the four other in progress stories I am writing. Yesterday I was able to do what I havn't been able to do since I started being sick... Acctually Write!

I have every intention of posting on the other stories do not fear, but this one is what my creative juices are flowing in now.

It is a sequel to 'Ordinary World' which is my (not finished yet) Prequel to Healer Leona's A.U. story 'Should As Strangers We Meet.'

You don't have to have read either to enjoy this story. What you do need to know is that in this reality Obi-Wan never became a Jedi, and Qui-Gon Jinn was killed by Xanatos near the time of Bandomeir. The Qui we all know and love was transported to that reality by a machine, turned this lost Obi's life around, and returned to his own reality. This story takes place in the ep.iii time. Links will come in a few days.

NOW STORY!

"What I Really Am."

Never made it as a wise man,
    Couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing.
    This is how you remind me,
    of what I really am.
    -Nickleback

"Qui-Gon Kenobi are you out of your mind?" Obi-Wan couldn't believe what his oldest son was telling him. "If I didn't let them have any of my children, why would I be happy to hear you were considering letting them test Zinka?"

"I just thought that if she had the chance to be a Jedi," Qui told his father, "you of all people would understand."

"Well I don't, and your mother will understand even less. Do you think she'll let them take her first and only grandchild away from the Chaboska without a fight?"

"It's not up to her, or you. It's up to Dardu and me."

The senior Kenobi shook his head in disbelief. Even if his eldest child was a grown man and a father himself, this defiant tone was something new. "Up to you and Dardu? When did either you or your life mate become head of this family?"

Qui huffed at his father's words, which was more like the son Obi-Wan knew. "Is this your idea, or hers?"

"Don't go there, Dad."

Obi-Wan had never hid the fact that he thought his son's wife had an invisible retraining bolt that she controlled him with. A year had passed since Obi-Wan and Danni had agreed to the bonding of Qui-Gon and the girl from another Terrian clan.

"You know I swore when you were born," Obi-Wan stated more than asked.

"That none of your children would be given to the Jedi," Qui said. He had heard it a billion times in the twenty years of his life. True to his word Obi-Wan Kenobi hadn't even let any of his five children be tested for midichlorian levels. All of them were Force-sensitive, he and Danni needed no test to know that. "But Zinka isn't your child, Father, she's mine."

"So you're going to let them test her?" Obi seemed resolved to that fact. Qui nodded, he knew his father still disapproved.

"That's what I get for naming you after a Jedi." The older Kenobi took a deep breath. He was trying to understand his son's thinking. "And you are prepared for the consequences of that test? You'll let them take her if it's high?"

"Dad, you grew up in the Temple," Qui argued. "You make it sound as if I'd be shipping her off to Kessel."

Qui-Gon Kenobi was glad to see his sister Alexia and brother Patrin barging into the bridge of the family ship. They were sure to change the subject for a while.

"DAD!" fifteen-year-old Patrin blurted out before his older sister could speak. "You won't believe what's happened."

"My children will shock me one day by knocking before they enter a room?" Obi-Wan replied in his dry, annoyed- father tone.

Patrin screwed his face into a position that mirrored many Obi-Wan had made at that age.

"We have good reason to barge in, Father," Obi's eldest daughter, nineteen-year-old Lexie, explained. "We're all in a Hutt-full of trouble."

"So what's new about that?" Qui-Gon asked his sister.

"No, Qui," Lexie stopped her brother's
  2. Jedi-Roxy Jedi Master

star 3
    Interesting...

More to come, I hope?

Roxy
  3. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Yup there will be more. I should post on one of my old stories first.

4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    First let me send my best wishes for getting better Jodi. Still having severe allergic reactions is just awful. Though... I love that a new story has come our way from not posting on the others... good for us, bad for you perhaps. ;) :D

You've done more than justice to the characters and I so love where you've started this. Obi-Wan older and with five kids!! A great bit of tension there between father and son and up until the news of Emperor Palpatine questioning the loyalty of the Jedi I thought him a bit harsh... pehaps it was a 'bad feeling'. A fabulous start and I look forward to more here and in your other stories *cough young Qui cough* :D :D

Post soon, post often!
  5. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I liked the gentle humour, such as Obi-Wan saying that one day his children would shock him by knocking first and then entering.

I also liked Robi, who was more thoughtful for not being able to speak. And I liked young Qui-Gon, who wanted to go out and do something foolish. Sounds like somebody else that we know! :) I liked all the kids, actually. It really sounds as though the Emperor has met his match with the Kenobi clan! :) Look out, universe!

Great start. I hope your allergies will subside and let you work some more.
  6. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great start! I look forward for more posts, on this and other stories! Glad you're feeling better enough to write a new story, and hopefully add to the others.
  7. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Twenty-two year old Jedi apprentice Ben Organa couldn't believe the words he heard coming out of the mouth of his best friend Anakin Skywalker. He knew that the Council would never agree to the demands that the emperor's new 'right hand' man was delivering to the head Jedi. Anakin, or Lord Vader as he now styled himself, was promising that any Jedi who swore loyalty to the Empire would be accepted into the new order; those who did not should prepare to face the consequences. They would be given three days to decide. Many of the younger Jedi had already followed Skywalker to the side of the Emperor.

"Padawan, you are not in the habit of listening to meetings that do not involve you." Master Eerin's voice made Ben jump away from the crack in the door that he had been listening through.

"But Master, this involves all of us," Ben answered.

"The council will let each Jedi choose their own path," Bant told her padawan. "Will hearing what Anakin has to say change your decision?"

"No, but I still wanted to hear --" Ben moved away from the door. "He's leaving." The apprentice stood respectfully next to his master. With everything that was happening, Ben Organa saw his chances of becoming a knight drifting further and further away.

Lord Vader was too busy to speak to a mere padawan these days, yet Anakin gave a nod of recognition to his friend as he passed by. It would be so easy to join Skywalker: to gain the favor of Palpatine, but Ben Organa did not do things the easy way. He did things the Jedi way - - except for one thing. He had kept Anakin Skywalker's secret - - Unlike other Jedi, Anakin was married. Ben still kept that secret, now for different reasons - - to protect someone besides Anakin. Ben wanted to protect another friend, the woman who had secretly married Anakin. Even the Emperor didn't know that Padmé Amidala was Skywalker's wife. Ben knew other secrets that endangered Padmé's life just as much.

When Senator Amidala had resigned months ago she was not just going home to quietly live her life. Unknown even to her husband, Padmé' was going to join the Rebel Alliance to restore the Republic. There were those like Mon Mothma who had remained in the Senate and tried to protest Palpatine's rule openly. There were many who, for the sakes of their planets, did not let on that they were against the Emperor and his Empire. One of those was Bail Organa. No longer a senator, but the viceroy of Alderaan, he felt he had to hide his true loyalties. He also had someone who may have held the hope for the future of the galaxy. After only a few months of fighting with the Alliance, Mrs. Skywalker discovered something she was afraid to tell her husband. She was going to have a child. A child she knew the Emperor would fear despite Anakin's devotion to his new master.

Many wondered if Anakin's old master would ever recover from Skywalker's betrayal. Another person he had believed in had fallen to the dark side. First Qui-Gon, then Dooku, and now Anakin. The first two betrayals had left physical scars. The last one left a scar on Mace Windu's soul. He had believed Skywalker was the Chosen One of the ancient prophesy. He had believed his apprentice would bring balance to the force. Instead the young man he had put his faith and trust in was destroying everything the Jedi had worked all his life to defend. If they had only known who and what Palpatine was sooner, before the dark side had blinded them with deception, things would be different.

As most of the Jedi Council filed out of the council chambers Ben looked to Bant. She knew he wanted to go inside and ask the two masters who had remained within what they would do. Bant nodded her approval. It might have been improper to barge in, but it would be expected more from a padawan. She also knew that Ben Organa could get away with it. The young Jedi's gentle and charming nature made him a favorite among people who were not supposed to have favorites. Although many times over shadowed by his more charismatic friend, Skywalker, Ben was well on his way to bein
  8. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You posted! I thought you said you'd post on the other stories first! ;) Great post. Poor Jedi... I look forward to more!
  10. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    I plead the fifth...

11. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahhh, an Organa Jedi, Bant's Padawan and a former friend of Anakin's at that!! The secret he keeps could be invaluable to the Jedi... and of course I wonder does Vader know??? I love that the Jedi pair are smuggling out children, but my heart dropped at the mention of Alderaan... though I suppose that's decades in the future yet...

Fabulous post Jodi, keep going!

12. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    The Chaboska Terrians had only been on Kothlis a few days but they liked it better than any of the other planets they had stopped at on their latest travels. The new Imperial edicts were making it harder than usual for the band of space gypsies to find welcomes at many spaceports. More than one place told them to get their supplies and leave. They didn't mind the credits, but they didn't want the people. A few places wouldn't even let them land.

These attitudes made them think maybe they should try the smuggler's moon as a home. Though not always a hundred percent in line with the laws of the galaxy, the Choboska didn't want to bring their children into places where gangsterism was the norm. Some other Terrian clans had taken refuge on planets in Hutt space; some learned how unwise that was. Word had gotten back to the Chaboska that through trickery or outright force a large number of the Sinté clan lost their ships and found themselves in servitude or slavery to the Hutts and their minions.

The fate of the Sinté clan was on the minds of all the adults, but the children had their minds on playing. Outside of the Bothan city of Tal'Carn the clan had found a peaceful wooded area next to a large but narrow lake. This was where they grouped their ships. The heads of each of the families had already gone into the city to arrange purchases or trades. Now the only thing they had to do was relax. The Kenobi family found a quiet beach on the lake an irresistible draw.

Always looking for a challenge, Lexie became determined to swim to the opposite shore. Her two young siblings were determined to follow her; she wanted none of that.

"Mom, Dad, " Lexie pleaded after trying to deter them herself. "Tell them to stay here."

Obi-Wan and Danni, who wanted only to lay in the sun, looked up. Three of their children stood in the water looking at the parents with arms folded. They gave each other the parental eye roll. "Robi, Tawnie, stay here," both parents bellowed. They closed their eyes and again lay down, not seeing the smile on Lexie's face or the grimaces on the twins faces.

"See you later, squirts!" The young woman dove out into deeper water splashing her brother and sister. Only a second after that Obi-Wan was sitting up again; something was nagging at him. He waded out into a foot of the lake's water and called out to his swimming daughter.

"Lex, wait up."

Lexie waited as her father made his way out to where she was. "Dad," she inquired. "What's up?"

"I'll go with you," Obi-Wan announced.

"I thought you wanted to do nothing today but lay in the sun with Mom. Isn't that what you told us earlier."

"Yes, but - -"

"Dad, you know I can easily make it across this water."

"Yes, but - -"

"And I am an adult, and don't need to be watched over by Daddy Hen."

"Daddy Hen?" Obi-Wan chuckled. "I see, giving your old man the brush-off."

"Not the brush off, just - - okay, the brush-off. See ya' later, Dad." Lexie again swam out away from her family.

Obi-Wan saw his wife back on shore. Danni was giving him the 'I could have told you.' look.

"I'll swim with you, Daddy," Tawnie offered.

<Me too,> Robi added. <Can you make waves for us?>

"Waves, you want?" A wide mischievous grin grew on Obi-Wan's face.

"Yeah, big ones!" Tawnie elated as she jumped up to show just how high she wanted the waves.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes momentarily. Soon after a wave of the man's hand, a wave of water rushed towards the youngsters. They waited with eagerness for the wall of water to ride them into shore. In the children's eyes it was a giant wave; in reality it was only a few feet high. Both brother and sister knew how to jump in front of it at the right moment. Like two sleek marine mammals, Tawnie and Robi rode the surf their father had created with his connection to the Force.

'A Jedi would think this a most improper use of the Force,' Obi-Wan thought to himself. He didn't much care; what he cared about were the smiles on his children's faces. 'Since I'm not a
  13. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    aww. prejudice is such a stupid waste.
  14. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    ?[face_plain] anybody else out there...

echo, echo, echo :D
  15. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow! Great post! :: waves hand :: You will post on your other stories!
  16. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Wow, sounds like a very bleak time for the space gypsies.. I certainly hope the Chaboska clan stay s out of Hutt space!

Loved the interaction between Obi-LWan and Lexie!! So cute! Oh my, it was startling the difference in the settings from Obi's family on the beach to another part of the galaxy!! Can't help but wonder if, why and how these two worlds will collide?? A very disturbing post there... a relief that Bant and Ben are able to escape with the children.

Excellent post!! :) :)
  17. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    moved story to the Saga board. New post is over there.

New Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.